We traveled as a family (spouse + 2 young kids) to Tokyo for the first time so this was a great place to explore Japan as a base camp. Our room was a suite with a king bed in a separate room. We had a very good view on a high floor; the room was incredibly spacious to accommodate one rollaway bed and our other child slept on the sofa (very wide and comfortable). A few highlights for us: 1. Proximity to a local market, Maruetsu is a supermarket opened 24/7 and has everything needed for late night sushi to the diversity of drinks; 2. Concierge, Mr. Shimano, was incredibly helpful and articulate to navigate us thru the complexity of Japan metro and get us to our destinations; 3. Walk or shuttle to Shinjuku train station (we did both); 4. Bus shuttle, VERY affordable, to take us directly to Haneda airport (or Narita). I loved the suite setup; bathroom could be bigger, but a minor issue; more plus plus and very comfortable bedding.
Potential considerations: the live concierge desk is very knowledgeable, however calling the reception desk from the US seemed like a totally different experience like they didn't totally understand you (maybe just an off day). Don't be misled, the hotel caters to the international customer and our English was well understood face to face. Also, may want to provide better instructions of how to get from Narita airport to the hotel (including a diagram of Shinjuku station and exact location of the Hilton shuttle stop). However, son't sweat the small stuff about the elevator, this is a non issue. We waste the extra 30 seconds standing in front of a metro map trying to figure out where we're going! Enjoy your stay, we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Tokyo boasts market leading contemporary guestrooms, spectacular bars and restaurants and one of the finest health clubs in the city. Enjoy Tokyo's most popular location - Shinjuku, with easy access to JR Shinjuku Station and direct access from the hotel to the Tokyo Metro (Subway). Follow us on facebook Hilton Tokyo (Official) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Rakuten, Recruit Holdings Co Ltd (Inbound), Venere, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Hilton Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Tokyo Hotel Shinjuku
- Hilton Hotel Tokyo
- Hilton International Shinjuku
- Shinjuku Hilton
- Hilton Tokyo Shinjuku