“Fantastic hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Tokyo

You added Hilton Tokyo to your Saves list
Hilton Tokyo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6-6-2 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku 160-0023, Tokyo Prefecture (Shinjuku)   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
“Fantastic hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

This is our 2nd time staying at this hotel and both times it hasn't disappointed. The staff are welcoming, friendly and knowledgable. The free shuttle to Shinjuku station is great, really easy to find and always on time. This is a great service and adds to the overall experience. The hotel it's self is fantastic, really well maintained and has everything you could need. If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a great location, the Hilton Shinjuku is the place to stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review and my team and I thank you for your time and look forward to welcoming you back.

Hilton Tokyo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Haenam, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

As an expat living abroad, rarely do I find a hotel that reminds me of home, but the Hilton Tokyo nailed it! The bed was a western bed and extremely comfortable, the breakfast was superb, and the concierge was wonderful. We unfortunately only had 24 hours in Tokyo and wanted to make the best of it, and the concierge helped us plan out our activities so that we saw everything on our list.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

The title of your review is so nice to hear for a hotelier as we aim to make our guests feel at home!

Your feedback is sincerely appreciated and I will translate and share your review ith the team.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Tokyo.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for four days on the 21st floor. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a bit out of date, but entirely functional, and when we're talking about Japanese toilets, that includes a few buttons for bum washes, if you're interested. The service inside the hotel is excellent, very much up to five star standards. The breakfast is very good, but can be expensive (¥2,500) if it's not included.

The hotel itself is a 15 minute walk (at least) from Shinjuku Station. There is a shuttle that runs from 8:00 to 21:40. At other hours if you're in a hurry, you're taking a ¥710 cab ride to and from. As my meetings were everywhere but Shinjuku, this wasn't entirely convenient, but the costs of other major hotels outside of Shinjuku were nothing short of outrageous (starting at ¥27,000). Try to avoid booking last minute, because rates only go up from there, into the stratosphere. I booked ¥19,700 per night a month in advance; a week in advance and the rooms were going for ¥90,000!!!

Room Tip: For those used to non-smoking, it's important to make that clear at the time of booking.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and I am glad you enjoyed our hotel.

Concerning location, Hilton Tokyo is located in Shinjuku which is the primary transport hub of Tokyo and provides access to the majority of rail/bus and air options to the city and also Narita, Haneda and Yokohama. Located in B2 we also have direct access to two subway lines making all areas of the city easy to access within minutes.

Greater Tokyo is one of the world's largest cities and due to the sheer size it is impossible to be close to everything however access to transportation hubs is the key to efficiently getting around. Our concierge is available to assist all guests on efficient transportation planning to make a stay as enjoyable and productive as possible.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I am an Australian who stayed at the Hilton Tokyo after a ski trip to see tokyo for a few days. I was staying for three days and am often staying hotels that are deemed 4/4.5 star. While I stayed there i stayed in a twin share room with my gf. The overall stay was dissapointing to what I was expecting and at best would give it 3.5 stars. When I checked in they did not have a non-smokers room so I was forced to stay in the smokers room level, which stunk of cigarettes. The bathroom was small and outdated, and the concierge was not particually friendly (perhaps the language barrier, I am not sure for her bad demeanour.) The lobby area only has a handful of chairs to sit on which are usually occupied, so if you want to sit and wait you have to do so in the restaurant. Furthermore if you want wifi you have to be in the lobby to have free access, if you want it in your room you have to pay for it which is poor considering at most hotels it is complimentary. On the plus side, the room had a great view over the city, the bed was very comfortable and large. The best feature was a complimentary bus that ran from the hotel into the shinjuku shopping district which we used very often. Overall though, I would not recomend staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very disappointed to hear your feedback and would like to clarify some points for this forum.

Hilton Tokyo offers a variety of room types and you booked a standard twin room. These rooms are currently under full renovation and will be completed at the end of Q1 2013. My team did however explain to you that due to your early arrival only a smoking room was available (check in time is 2pm) and we would have provided a non smoking room if you preferred to wait as rooms were not available.

Concerning wifi - internet access is charged in all Hilton Hotels and complimentary access is available in the lobby and level 2. Additionally there is free access in our business centre with wifi, PC's and ample seating.

The team at the hotel is consistently recognized for their service and it is unfortunate that you felt that the service did not meet your expectations. I have shared your feedback with the team in our ongoing effort to further improve our service.

I would however like to assure all tripadvisor readers that Hilton Tokyo is a full service upper upscale hotel committed to the highest quality of product and service.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Room 2925 is a Jnr Suite which is a triple + upgrade from the 40,000 Diamond Reward points booking that usually gives you a standard Queen City View room. A pleasing although the room is surprisingly sparse; I am guessing this is just Japanese simplicity.

The receptionist at check-in is not sure whether Diamond members can eat the full buffet breakfast at St George's Bar and suggests I enjoy the complimentary continental breakfast in the Executive Lounge. But I keep my composure and after entering my suite dial concierge and re-ask and they profusely apologize stating of course as a Diamond Member I can enjoy breakfast in the main restaurant. Ten minutes later the chief concierge knocks on my door, bows deeply, and presents my breakfast voucher.

Luckily I held to my guns as the Executive lounge was a real mess - people everywhere, food haphazardly placed on bench-tops; after a quick Asahi Beer, I am out and to the gym.

The gym is state of the art. Excellent facilities with a tennis court, indoor pool, and über relaxing 'ofuro' Japanese bath, spa, and sauna. Heaven.

Breakfast is Hilton standard - excellent and plentiful, served by smiling, 'can-do' staff. It's always a pleasure dining at a Hilton!

After dropping my Express check-out envelope into the box, I catch the 'on-time' 8.32am shuttle to Shinjuku station.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your review and for choosing Hilton Tokyo.

The suite you experienced is of Japanese style and is very subtly decorated. We do however have 'City' suites that may suit your preferences better as they are of a more western style.

Concerning Diamond HHonors benefits - a complimentary Continental Breakfast is provided as detailed in the members benefits schedule. My team offered the correct amenity to you and only as a gesture of goodwill provided a breakfast voucher for the main restaurant. A full buffet breakfast is not an entitlement of the HHonors program at any membership level.

Your comments concerning our Executive Lounge is disappointing as we take great pride in the quality of food and beverages served in this area. Food is definitely not haphazardly placed on benches and we provide a selection of quality hot and cold canapés with full bar service, extensive morning continental breakfast (plus two hot dishes), all day refreshments and afternoon tea.

We do however thank you for your feedback and appreciate your positive comments concerning our fitness centre and breakfast food and service quality.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were back at the Hilton Tokyo after our last visit 2 years ago. We'd say the hotel is still among the very best in Japan as well as elsewhere we travel in Asia. Its Executive Lounge is probably the most outstanding one among all other Hilton Hotels. All staff is professional, speak perfect English and with high service standard all the time despite the very busy environment.

Room is cozy and comfortable, and with a wide varity of pillow choices.

The shuttle bus to Shinjuku JR station is convenient though the hotel is still within walking distance to the train connection.

Will surely go back again if we are in Tokyo in the future. Thanks to the perfect team there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to welcome you back and also to receive such a wonderful review from you.

My team is proud of their consistent focus on our guests and on maintaining the highest standards at the hotel.

I will surely share your feedback with the team and convey your thanks.

I look forward to seeing you again in Tokyo.

Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Quiet a few people mentioned the dated rooms in previous reviews. The good news is, they have refurbished quiet a few floors. The renovated rooms have a modern and airy feel, are very nice.
However unfortunately guests are at no time of booking or checking in advised of the ongoing renovations and the noise that comes with it. According to the staff renovations are limited to 12-5pm, a bit more realistic is 9-6pm, still somewhat acceptable as long as one doesnt need/ want to rest during this time.
Besides that, the staff are lovely. F+B of good quality , prices as to be expected in Tokyo however in close vicinity are convenience shops, a 24h supermarket, starbucks and various restaurants. The metro can be accessed directly from the hotel and it is very easy to get around. All in all I would recommend the hotel (once the refurbishment has been completed).

Room Tip: Ensure to be away from the refurbishment and not next to the housekeeping store
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

As we have mentioned in previous management responses the hotel is currently renovating guestrooms and the renovation will be completed by the end of Q1 2013. At this time all rooms at the Hilton Tokyo will have been renovated and will be of a very high and consistent standard. However no significant noise disruption is to be expected and all work is completed from 9am-5pm daily with no late or early work permitted. Additionally buffer floors are out of service so guest disruption is avoided or kept to an absolute minimum.

We look forward to welcoming you back and hosting you in what will be the newest and finest product in the full service hotel segment in Tokyo.

Hilton Tokyo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
Shinjuku Granbell Hotel
#12 of 77 in Shinjuku
4.0 of 5 stars 523 reviews
Citadines Central Shinjuku Tokyo

Been to Hilton Tokyo? Share your experiences!