“Excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Tokyo

You added Hilton Tokyo to your Saves list
Hilton Tokyo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6-6-2 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku 160-0023, Tokyo Prefecture   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #3 of 72 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
4.5 of 5 stars 2,036 Reviews
Nagoya, Japan
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This hotel has good rooms and facilities, but the best feature is the service. All of the staff spoke English well and were very courteous and efficient, particularly the staff in the Executive Lounge on the 37th floor.

Room Tip: Non smoking rooms are available.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank-you for your comments concerning the excellent service you received. This is our aim for all guests and the team really enjoys to hear that we created a great memory and achieved our goal!

I hope after this experience you will come back to Tokyo and stay with us again.

Happy New Year.

Hilton Tokyo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My sister and I stayed at this hotel after completing a tour in North Korea in September 2012, and we needed a bit of luxury.

I managed to get a good rate at this hotel though the airline that I work for.

The Hilton Tokyo is a good, centrally located hotel that has excellent, and very understanding staff. The only downside is the cost of the WiFi for the day.

The room was larger than average in Tokyo, with 2 lovely soft, comfortable beds with a choice of pillows. I had such a nice sleep here! And the toilet is the most amazing toilet (when you stay here, you'll understand!!).

There is a Tokyo Metro station directly below the hotel in the shopping mall, which is handy to get to everywhere in Tokyo.

Check out was smooth and easy, and the reception staff suggested getting the limousine bus to the airport as it would be easier with baggage. All in all, an excellent hotel in Tokyo.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Your review title 'Excellent Hotel in Tokyo' is so very pleasing to a hotelier and thank you for your review.

Your trip definately sounds interesting and I am glad we could be a part of it and met your expectations in regard to luxury, comfort, location and service.

Best wishes for a wonderful 2013.

Fukuoka, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

This is my 2nd trip and 2nd time staying at the Hilton Tokyo. This time I traveled with my infant child and they were very accommodating in that respect. They provided a crib for our entire stay which is a great help to us.

The positives:

The Executive Lounge is one of the best. I love that it is open all day and is very helpful when I am working and my wife is at the hotel that she can go get a snack and relax. I feel the staff tried very hard to accommodate us and work around us having a baby with us. I am a Hilton Diamond member and I stay at this Hilton because of the lounge. They staff also went to great lengths to try and accommodate some foods/snacks for my wife who couldn't eat dairy.

It has a great location relative to Shinjuku.

The executive floor rooms are fantastic and we definitely did not have any complaints with the room. Our first night we were not able to be in an executive floor room and the staff, after asking, found a way to move us onto the executive floor after the first night.

The negatives:

My child has a milk allergy right now.. which means while my wife is nursing my wife can't have milk..or milk products. We understand this can be difficult in Japan to avoid but it is possible. We did explain that she can't have milk, butter, whey, anything dairy. We even have a sign written in Japanese that says this so there shouldn't be any confusion. The staff did try very hard I felt to accommodate this. However at least 2 times she was served food that did in fact have dairy in it. Primarily margarine (which after asking..and confirming with the staff who talked to the kitchen. does have dairy in it) Also she was served a sandwich(two different times) where the bread contained dairy. As I said they did try hard but it just seems like it is such a common allergy problem that understanding that margarine that contains butter/whey..is pretty much milk. No real harm was done other than a child with a tummy ache for a few days..which isn't fun mind you. I don't know if the fault is with the serving staff not asking the right questions or cooks not understanding what dairy free means. It could of been a real problem for someone that has a more serious food allergy. But maybe people that do are more careful and ask more questions? I think we tend to think if we say no dairy that they understand and food items the staff claims are ok to consume are indeed ok.

The nice to of haves??

We found that the hotel did have a few activities such as Christmas hula dancers/singers in the lobby on a couple of evenings. I guess the negative part is we only knew of this as we walked out of the hotel for dinner. Something may of told us about these things in our rooms but we didn't see it. It would of been appreciated if when we checked in, knowing we would be there a week, to have something like that made known to us.

We will still go back to this Hilton as long as the lounge is there anyway. With any luck my child would of outgrown the allergy thing and my wife can eat all those yummy things she wanted to eat but couldn't while she was there.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

It is great to know you had a very good stay however I apologize and am concerned regarding the requested special non dairy diet.

I will ensure through our Executive Chef and Director of Operations that this is reviewed and processes in place to ensure we have no future irregularities. Special diets though quite uncommon in Japan need to be managed with great care and consistency.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards

Jamie Mead
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed here our first night in Tokyo, then had to move to another hotel for business. We were supposed to stay at other hotel for 7 nights, but after 3 nights, we moved back to the Hilton. It was convenient to everything, but more importantly, it was more comfortable for us because of its Western style. (We try to stay at Hilton hotels when we travel outside the U.S. and this hotel did not disappoint.) Considering our long stay in Tokyo - 10 days - this hotel was the perfect fit for us.

The hotel is beautiful, clean, and offers all the amenities of a Hilton in a large city. The staff were very friendly and always asked if they could assist us. We used the Executive Lounge (2 rooms - the largest Exec Lounge we have ever seen), which fortunately, served Western-style food in addition to Japanese food, although their scrambled eggs were more like a curdled soup than scrambled eggs and the bacon is served almost raw. Fortunately, they also offer a large selection of fruits and cereal as alternatives. The evening fare in the Executive Lounge was hit and miss for American palates. If you plan to use the Executive Lounge, plan to go early, as this place is always packed and sometimes you will have to wait in line for a table.

All in all, this was a great place with great service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very positive comments regarding our rooms, lounge and service and also for leaving another hotel and returning to Hilton!

I will translate and share your comments with the team and also pass on your view concerning Executive Lounge food. Concerning breakfast, items are prepared to suit both local and broad international palates. Unfortunately it is not always possible to satisfy all guests with all dishes however we always appreciate feedback and will continue to refine what we offer.

MR. JAMIE A MEAD
General Manager - Hilton Tokyo
Gig Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Returned again to the Tokyo Hilton in December and was not disappointed. I find this hotel to be a convenient hop from the airport on the Airport Express even though it is a bus vs a private car. It is also a short walk underground to the subway just off Shinjuku so getting around is fairly straight forward and the concierge will help with instructions, tickets and directions.

The hotel is usually quite busy so book early, I find it quite full but reasonably quiet for all the business they have. The exec lounge is a good place to work and catch up on things while traveling. On a clear day you can see the mountains and get a great sunset from there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoy our hotel.

Hilton Tokyo is very fortunate to have so many loyal and regular guests and all of the team really look forward to seeing familiar faces.

Your comments on our Executive Lounge is also appreciated and I will thank the team for their care.

I would also like to wish you all the very best over the festive season and hope to see you back soon.

Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Good location. Good view, at least my kid enjoyed it. Standard, basic Room. Clean. Good and friendly service but I guess it's the norm in Japan. Very close to train station. Free shuttle from Narita. Starbucks across the street. Would recommend.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are really glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for recommending Hilton Tokyo on this forum.

My team and I wish you a lovely Festive Season and New Year!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

The staff in this hotel are so friendly. I made the mistake of booking through Priceline and was placed directly next to the elevator. Needless to say I did not get much sleep, it was very loud. The hotel was booked so I was not able to change my room. This was no fault of the staff. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. I would recommend staying on one of the top floors, the views are AMAZING! The restaurants in the hotel are good. There is a little something for everyone. I would probably stay here again. The only downfall is the noise, between the elevator and the kids running around above me I did not get much rest. It was very very loud. Do not book through Priceline or websites of the like, they give you a crappy room. However, overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your great review and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Concerning the elevator this is unusual and my Chief Engineer is investigating and will rectify. The elevator should not disturb our guests and has not been a problem in the past.

Please accept my apologies for this dissapointment and assurance it will not reoccur.

Hilton Tokyo

Been to Hilton Tokyo? Share your experiences!