“Good experience overall.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Tokyo

Save Saved
You added Hilton Tokyo to your Saves list
Hilton Tokyo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6-6-2 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku, Tokyo Prefecture 160-0023, Japan   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #3 of 69 Hotels in Shinjuku
Irvine, California
“Good experience overall.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Good location. Good view, at least my kid enjoyed it. Standard, basic Room. Clean. Good and friendly service but I guess it's the norm in Japan. Very close to train station. Free shuttle from Narita. Starbucks across the street. Would recommend.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are really glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for recommending Hilton Tokyo on this forum.

My team and I wish you a lovely Festive Season and New Year!

Hilton Tokyo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

The staff in this hotel are so friendly. I made the mistake of booking through Priceline and was placed directly next to the elevator. Needless to say I did not get much sleep, it was very loud. The hotel was booked so I was not able to change my room. This was no fault of the staff. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. I would recommend staying on one of the top floors, the views are AMAZING! The restaurants in the hotel are good. There is a little something for everyone. I would probably stay here again. The only downfall is the noise, between the elevator and the kids running around above me I did not get much rest. It was very very loud. Do not book through Priceline or websites of the like, they give you a crappy room. However, overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your great review and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Concerning the elevator this is unusual and my Chief Engineer is investigating and will rectify. The elevator should not disturb our guests and has not been a problem in the past.

Please accept my apologies for this dissapointment and assurance it will not reoccur.

Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

The Hilton Tokyo was the first of three hotel we visited in Japan.
The hotel is located roughly 15 min from the Shinjuku station and a free shuttle bus is departing the hotel every 20 minutes which is quite convenient.
The hotel itself is quite large, there must be hundreds of rooms and the lobby is always busy.
If you are used to Hilton hotels around the world, you won't fall from your chair, it hasn't been "japanized" very much and the room is fairly similar to what you would find in Sydney, Shanghai or Singapore.
As we had booked an executive room, we checked in on the 37th floor which is always nice, efficient and friendly staff up there, we were upgraded to a junior suite on the 34th floor, great views and the room itself was quite large (small bathroom though, and the usual Crabtree and Evelyn amenities were unfortunately replace by another brand).
I would strongly recommend you pay the extra few dollars for the executive floor; not only for the view but, also for the lounge itself which is very handy, comfortable and will serve you great cocktails before you head out for dinner in busy Tokyo!
The staff are really nice and don't mind going the extra mile to help you find what you want. It really was a great time.

I have only one negative comment to make but it's a BIG one, and I will not rate the hotel 5* because of that: we are in 2012, in a 5* hotel, in the middle of one of biggest cities in the world, the Queen herself is tweeting daily and they are asking us to pay ¥1500 per day for wifi in the room?? You can't be serious! You get free wifi in bloody motels on the highway these days!!

Mr Mead, I see that you are usually personally answering to all reviews on tripadvisor, please read this and do something! The result is that your lobby and executive lounge are full of iPad holders, not enjoying the great service but sending freaking emails to their boss and wives!

Apart from that, fellow travellers, grab a good deal and go to the Hilton Tokyo!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review and my team and I really appreciate the time taken to share your experience.

Concerning wifi - wifi is available on a complimentary basis in the Executive Lounge and Lobby areas of the hotel, we also provide iMac and PCs on a complimentary basis in our business centre. At all Hilton Hotels worldwide internet is charged and Hilton Tokyo needs to remain consistent with the global guidelines - I do however understand your comments and will share them with our global team responsible.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Auckland Central, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

what can I say, maybe not the cheapest but the staff were absolutely amazing. very helpful and always with a smile. my room was huge, very comfortable and had a good view. Situated only minutes from the lights of Shinjuku means you are close enough to walk home even after a few Asahi's. I would absolutely recommend this hotel thinking of visiting Tokyo.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Your review title "Exceptional Service at the Hilton" is really appreciated. It is so pleasing to hear that our guests are impressed with our service and my team is delighted to receive your comments.

Thank you again and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Hilton hotels are usually to a high standard, though for the money we paid the room I thought was a little small. Great view however.
All services were done to a high Japanese standard and all meals we had there were of a high standard.

Room Tip: Anything with a view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and I am really pleased to hear my team took good care of you.

Concerning rooms we have a number of different room sizes available in the hotel ranging from 28m2 to over 100m2 across various categories. This information and floor plans are detailed on our web site or any member of our reservations team would be delighted to explain when you make your next reservation to stay with us.

I wish you all the best for the festive season and look forward to welcoming you back.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

great value for a hotel in Shinjuku which is a fantastic place to stay in and hotel provides a good the shuttle bus service to the station. Walking is easy to the station too - less than 10 mins. And if you are too tired/have too much stuff from the shopping in Shinjuku, taxi is about 700/800 so it's affordable.

we stayed there with our kids who thoroughly enjoyed their time - cute balloons at the reception, thoughtful service at breakfast (one of the service staff cut up my daughter's food into smaller pieces), and the indoor pool and onsen/toiletries - looked forward to taking a public bath!

we got upgraded from 19th to 24th floor (standard to deluxe) which was really appreciated as the furnishings were updated (modern/clean contemporary style that's reflected in the website photos), and the room was spacious. I think I would have been a bit miserable if I stayed on the 19th floor as even the lift lobby seemed of an older style (peach tones/80's decor).

other tips: go to the tokyo metropolitan govt building nearby for a free panoramic view of the city or just right across is the sumitomo building where the top floors have restuarants - try 52nd floor senya restaurant for teppanyaki (great views, food and service).

Room Tip: Must stay in higher floors - 19th floor and below had a dated look.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very nice review and my team and I appreciate the time taken to share your experience.

Concerning older room types - (standard) (Level 19 and below) these rooms will be fully removed from our inventory from January 1 - 2013 and replaced with all new guestrooms. This is a very exciting process for the hotel and we look forward to having guests experience our new product from the beginning of 2013.

Hilton Tokyo is committed to the highest standards of service and facilities to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay with us.

I would like to wish you all the very best over the festive season.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stay at this hotel a few years ago on my first trip to Tokyo. The room was very clean, a little on the small side compared to American standards, but probably sizable to Japanese standards. The executive lounge has great views of the city and a nice variety for breakfast. The staff at the desk in the lounge were very helpful with my needs. The concierge was also very informative. There is not too much in the immediate area of this hotel, but they do offer a shuttle to the Shinjuku station which is very convenient. There is a 24 hour market within a 5 minute walk which is great for grabbing a snack. This hotel is what you would expect from a Hilton, but because it is Japanese the service is a step above.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

It is wonderful to know you enjoyed our hospitality and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Tokyo.

Best wishes for the festive season.

Hilton Tokyo

Been to Hilton Tokyo? Share your experiences!