“Enjoyable stay in Shinjuku” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Tokyo

Save Saved
You added Hilton Tokyo to your Saves list
Hilton Tokyo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6-6-2 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku, Tokyo Prefecture 160-0023, Japan   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #3 of 69 Hotels in Shinjuku
San Francisco, California
“Enjoyable stay in Shinjuku”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I recently spent 4 nights at this hotel. I was on an executive level floor and enjoyed my stay. The staff was fabulous which seems to be consistent with other Hilton properties in Asia (and generally better service than in the US). The room was comfortable, nice size. The breakfast, tea and happy hour in the lounge were quite nice. A variety of food to appeal to multiple cultures.

The gym was nice, several pieces of cardio equipment and a 2nd level which wasn't obvious should the first level be full. Weights (machine and free) were also available. One nice touch was the separate stretching room. I had it to myself every time I wanted to use it.

The hotel has a shuttle that goes to/from the Shinjuku train station 3x/hour. Definitely use this if you have luggage. As an alternatively the station is about a 10-15 min easy walk.

Both the executive lounge and lobby area have business centers with computers.

Room Tip: If it is available to you, I would recommend an executive level floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review and it was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

My team and I really appreciate that you toom the time to share your praise with the trip advisor community.

When you next return to Tokyo we look forward to seeing you back at Hilton Tokyo.

Hilton Tokyo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Toronto Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I've been to Tokyo a few times and stayed at various hotels through out the amazing city. Being a Diamond member of the Hilton chain and having my business in Shinjuku, i decided to stay at the Hilton Tokyo. I arrived on a Sunday to absolutely fantastic staff! The folks that work at the Hilton Tokyo are some of the most gracious, helpful and courteous hotel staff I've had the luck of meeting world over.The breakfast buffet was really good and accommodated various different ethnicities. Having said this, the hotel itself (with exception to the lobby and the 53rd floor lounge) was rather dated. The rooms are spacious, especially from a Tokyo city perspective, however they are dated...they're not what you expect when you think of a modern Japanese hotel. They're more typical to a north American hotel room (which may be good for some folks) vs. the modern gadget filled hotel rooms you imagine and i have experienced in Tokyo.

So if you're looking from a business travelers perspective, this hotel simply meets the needs (especially if you're working in Shinjuku), but i don't believe it really gives you a full appreciation for some of the neat modern amenities that other hotels in Tokyo have to offer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and we are very pleased you enjoyed Hilton Tokyo and in particular our service, Executive Lounge and Restaurants. We also appreciate your loyalty to Hilton Worldwide as a Diamond HHonors Member.

Hilton Tokyo is committed to excellent service, great restaurants and bars and a comfortable stay over high tech and complicated in room gadgetry which we believe is the essence of hospitality. We do however offer considerable technology throughout the hotel including very fast high speed internet/wifi, ipod and MP3 Players in all rooms, Apple iMac and all in one PC's and iPads for guest use on L1 and L38, iConcierge, Hilton requests on arrival, Blue Ray players, Cable TV and the best standards in Environmental Management (air conditioning, recycled water use, Light Stay). The hotel also has the latest in Fitness and wellness at our Hilton Fitness by Precor.

We will also be launching all new Executive and Deluxe rooms from January 2013 which will be the newest guest room product in Tokyo and launched all new Banquet and Event facilities this year.

Hilton has been operating in Tokyo for almost 50 years and in Shinjuku for 30 years and we will continue to invest heavily to provide the best possible stay for both business and leisure travelers.

Thank you again for sharing your experience on tripadvisor and I hope to welcome you back to experience our new rooms in 2013.

Mr Jamie A Mead
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My family and i just stayed a week in the Hilton Tokyo in an executive king room it was very comfortable. The staff were very helpful, and would go above and beyond many places i have stayed in the past.

A few examples of this was i couldn't find an ATM that would except a my credit card to get cash out, one of the staff members walked me to a machine that would work and waited while I made the transaction. Another time we left the room in mess to get out as early as we could, one of the room cleaners picked up all my daughters stuffed toys sat them up neatly ready for her to play with. There were countless examples I could come up with, but i'm not much of a writer.

Basically the little things make a big difference when it comes to quality service and the Hilton Tokyo ticked all the boxes

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

My team and I are really pleased you categorized our operation as a "Top Quality Hotel" and it is great to hear directly from you that the team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction.

All of us at the hotel are here to take good care of our guests and ensure they have a great time in Tokyo.

I hope you had a comfortable trip home and that we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Modern decoration. Located in the heart of Tokyo - Shinjuku district. Yet very quiet. Modern and clean decoration. Small yet perfectly formed rooms. Walking distance to two metro stations, Several convenience stores, bars and restaurants. Polite and efficient staff. Great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review and I am glad you had a plesant stay with us. My team takes great pride in what we offer to our guests and its really pleasing to know you enjoyed the experience.

Concerning room sizes Hilton Tokyo has a variety of room types and sizes vary up to 60m2++. Full details are listed on our website.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed in a standard room with a King bed for a night after arriving to Japan. The hotel is 5 minutes walk from Nishi-Shinjuku station which made it easily accessible. The lobby was very luxurious, marble with beautiful gold and muted colours made you feel like you were in for a treat. The room was very spacious, with a wonderful view of the city, fantastic shower, soft fluffy bed and responsive air conditioning. The only thing was the bathroom did not have a fan which fogged up the mirrors. The staff were very friendly and spoke English. The breakfast was amazing with more choices than you could imagine!! The gym had very modern equipment including excellent weight training machines. The pool was a little small in length though. The free shuttle service to Shinjuku station was convenient and overall a wonderful comfortable stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

It is so nice to hear you had a lovely experience at our hotel and in particular that you found our rooms to be comfortable with great views and very luxurious beds!

We have the Hilton Serenity beds throughout the hotel with very high quality linens, pillows and supper toppers which really make a difference!

The culinary team is also really pleased to know you enjoyed our very extensive breakfast buffet in the Marble Lounge.

I hope you had a comfortable trip home and we all look forward to seeing you back at Hilton Tokyo soon.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Nice, well appointed room. Easily accessible and convenient location in Shinjuku with direct access to two subway lines from the hotel lobby plus genuinely friendly, helpful and very polite staff made for a great stay at the Hilton. Enjoyed the breakfast and room service menu. Definitely lived up to its 5 stars and luxury hotel status.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review! It is so nice to hear from our guests and to know that they had a truly great time whilst staying with us.

I will share your feedback with the team and we sincerely appreciate the time taken to share your experience.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stay in a (Standard) Guest Room in Hilton Tokyo for almost a week in October, 2012, because there is a conference meeting co-located in this hotel.

The hotel is conveniently located close to a subway station, which is about one station (stop) away from the famous Shinjuku area. Alternatively, one would also take the complimentary hotel shuttle to Shinjuku, which is very convenient. There are a few restaurants and bars in the hotel but they're expensive. Nevertheless, there are many restaurants and fast food shops around that fit one's budget.

My stay in the hotel is good, especially I like the 24/7 fitness center with good treadmills. Room service is also excellent - with high-quality and fast delivery that I very much appreciate. Internet connection is also good and I have no complaint at all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel! My team and I really love to hear from our guests and know they enjoyed our product and service.

We really appreciate you sharing your experience on trip advisor and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Hilton Tokyo

Been to Hilton Tokyo? Share your experiences!