“Good hotel in strategic location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Tokyo

You added Hilton Tokyo to your Saves list
Hilton Tokyo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6-6-2 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku 160-0023, Tokyo Prefecture (Shinjuku)   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #3 of 74 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good hotel in strategic location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This is a hotel which is located in the main business district, hotel rooms are simple and comfortable, very clean.
Breakfast is very good,wide spread of selection to choose from. Service is friendly and prompt at all times. Concierge has been very helpful with local information and things to do and visit, shuttle bus service to Shinjuku station is very convenient or you can take a 10 minutes walk to get there. Very good Chinese restaurant in the hot elm food is excellent, highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, July 31, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank-you for your great feedback and I will be sharing your comments with my team.

In particular I am very glad you enjoyed our Chinese Restaurant - Dynasty, and our breakfast in the Marble Lounge. Hilton Tokyo prides itself on excellence in food and beverage and it means allot to my Kitchen and Service Team to receive your positive comments.

I also appreciate that you found our location convenient. Shinjuku is extremely well connected for all types of travelers and I am sure your comments will be useful to others.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Tokyo.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The service was as good as the Peninsula across town. Really very very attentive and good. The breakfast buffet was lovely. On the 29th floor, the room was not on the executive floors, but was certainly large enough, larger than other places I've stayed in Tokyo, though not the Peninsula. Well equipped, though nothing hanging on the walls, but I didn't really care. Mild noise from the next door shower. Good curtains and screens to keep the summer heat and light out. Elevators fast. Gym small but adequate (for me), water provided, overlooking pool. Loud music and dance in the restaurant lobby one evening.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
5 August 2011

Thank-you sincerely for your positive comments and it is very rewarding to know that we exceeded your expectations and created a memorable stay for you.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Tokyo.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Taken me a while to get this up here but what can you say. Hilton is Hilton some of the best service food around. We were very happy with the room we stayed at and the Breakfast easch morning was fantstic. We even lashed out and spent up at the Tempinyaki bar which is very expensive but was worh it as it was a special time. Will recommend to anyone that has a bit of money to spend and wants to be clost to most things

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
July 22, 2011

Dear Guest,

I am very happy that we impressed you with our product/service and in particular that you loved our Hilton Breakfast and Musashino Teppanyaki.

Please be assured that I will also translate and share your feedback with the respective teams as this is great encouragement for them to receive such praise.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Tokyo in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We were overwhelmed with the Hilton Shinjuku. We were visiting Shinjuku for two nights as part of our honeymoon. The Hilton upgraded us to the top floor which included incredible luxuries like the executive floor lounge (free cocktails and breakfast!!) and they also gave us a free bottle of red wine in our room. The staff were helpful in every way (excellent english). The food in the breakfast buffet was fanstastic. There were free shuttle buses every 20minutes to Shinjuku station otherwise it's about a 20 minute walk to the shopping/restaurants district. The resturants were quite expensive but fine cuisine. We had free entry into the pool and gym area also.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
My team and I thank-you for your great feedback and we are really happy that you enjoyed your honeymoon in Tokyo.

We aim to make celebrations special and I encourage my team to ensure our guests are well taken care of. Hopefully you will be able to celebrate future anniversaries with us.

I trust you had a comfortable trip home and we all remain at your service.

Milano
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Very clean hotel, good looking and well organized. Room are quite big, clean and well equipped and people is extremely friendly and available. The lounge was good looking but the snacks relly poor and not several alternatives. The lounge closes at 23. Breakfast was excellent and service quick and very polite. Price was quite good considering the sevice and expecially the fact ww are talkingo of Japan. The hotel is 20 min away from the Central station of Shinjiuku and I suggest you to use the subway which is very quick and always on time.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Thank-you for your feedback and I sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Hilton Tokyo. I am very happy with your positive comments and glad you enjoyed your stay.

Concerning your feedback on Executive Lounge snacks, you will be pleased that a new menu for breakfast, afternoon tea and evening canapaes commenced on the 18th of July with a large and high quality variety of items plus extensive beverage options.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Tokyo.
Giessen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Hotel was busy despite the situation in Japan. Had to take care of my luggage from the limousine bus to the hotel by myself, before it was done by the bell boys, alittle short in personnel. Reception was very fiendly. Was up on executive floor with no acces to the executive louge. breakfasrt is a little hefty with 3,900 Yen (ca. 35 €/43 US$), room was very clean as usual, advantage of the hotle is the direct connection to the Marinuchi Line to Shinjuku and Tokyo station, was pleased again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank-you for your positive feedback and rest assured I will share your comments with my team.

I would however like to apologise for the lack of porters on your arrival and assure you that this will be investigated to ensure it does not reoccur.

We look forward to welcoming you back and thank-you for choosing Hilton Tokyo.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

This was my first time to Japan for business.
Hilton Shijuku was very nice and an excellent choice. Again, what out stands this hotel like many other Japanese hotels is their service. Impeccable!
They have a nice outdoor garden inside the lobby (strange to describe this), the receptionists were very courteous and the drinks in the bar were good.
The rooms are not very big but very comfortable! The bed perfectly soft and firm at the same time. They had free internet in the room.
They also provide free shuttle to Shinjuku station- two thumbs up for Japanese punctuality.
The only thing I didnt like much was that it was very far from any shop and restaurant (considering walking distance) and the staff couldnt speak proper English when needed, apart from that, it was a nice hotel!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, July 3, 2011
Thank-you for your recent feedback and we really appreciate that you enjoyed our product and service we provided whilst you were in Tokyo.

All of my team members aim to exceed our guest’s expectations and I will definitely share with them your kind words.

Regarding restaurants around the hotel there are literally 100's however they are difficult to find as they are not at street level. When you next stay with us please contact our concierge and they will be happy to share their knowledge of these places with you.

I trust you had a good trip home and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Jamie

Been to Hilton Tokyo? Share your experiences!