Probably closer to 5 stars, but we did not have breakfast during our 3-night stay, so I cannot comment expertly though it seemed less than bountiful. Also, the hotel needs to improve drection instructions on its website. The landmark stores are no longer called AM-PM, which confused us late at night.
With minor negatives out of the way, let me comment on the positives. Most importantly, you will sleep and relax well as this hotel is super-quiet. Not only was there no noise from other rooms and the corridors, but also from the street. Citadines is in a very quiet part of Shinjuku, but is just 2 subway stops or a relatively leisurely stroll from the action (and where we later stayed at the equally good Best Western).
Loved the kitchenette, made much use of the toaster for breakfast. Coffee facilities much appreciated in hindsight once I got to other hotels and saw they had no coffee. I think this is the only hotel I stayed at in Japan where they had an English-language channel, albeit CNN. Not quite sure why Japanese hotels are behind the 8-ball on this. Must be some government regulation protecting local broadcasters or maybe extreme cost.
Elsewhere, staff were pleasant, everything was clean and tidy, and I heartily recommend Citadines. I will stay in other Citadines in Asia on this trip, so it will be interesting to see how they compare.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Tokyo Shinjuku Hotel Shinjuku
- Citadines Tokyo Shinjuku Hotel
- Citadines Tokyo Hotel Shinjuku
- Shinjuku Citadines Tokyo Hotel
- Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, EasyToBook, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.