I stayed for 3 nights in the all female dorm on level 7 the more expensive room. I'm not precious at all and can rough it but this place was bad. Depressing even. I would pay the extra to stay at a better hostel or the capsule hotel in Shinjuku is cheaper.
- Location (even though not as expected) is close to a station which is one subway stop away from Shinjuku Station.
- Price is good though it's cheaper to stay in the Capsule Hotel which is right smack bang in the centre of Shinjuku.
- One staff member an older gentlemen was really nice.
- Wifi worked fine and is on every level
- Not actually in Shinjuku as you would expect, surrounding has nothing going on. So if you want to go out for the night and not walk 30+ mis to get back you have to finish up by 12 to catch the last train.
- It was old and dirty. The carpet felt grubby, two toilets blocked on my floor through my whole stay, found small bug in my bed on the first night then another on my last morning.
- The metal lockers in the room are noisy.
- You have to trek all the way to the basement to shower for 100yen for be there in 10 minutes in one of the only two showers for women in the building. Drain was blocked with hair and the whole bottom of the shower filled with grubby water.
- Bad vibes, no social atmosphere to speak of. Common room is old, dirty and drab.
- I would not recommend or ever stay here again. If you do stay spend as much time out of the place as you can!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, HostelBookers, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Ace Inn Shinjuku reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ace Inn Shinjuku Hotel Shinjuku
- Ace Inn Shinjuku Tokyo