If arriving by JR, you will be facing Lumine 2 (Shopping Mall) and Lauduree once you step out of the Southern Terrace exit. Turn left, walk straight past a pharmacy and you will reach a traffic junction. Turn your head to the left and you will see Hotel Sunroute.
We enquired about switching to a twin room since it wasn't available when we made our reservations. Fortunately, they had a twin room available and we were given a room on the 7th floor. Sound proofing is great, as with all hotels I stayed in Japan and that ensured a good sleep at night.
There are many 24 hours establishments around the hotel - Family Mart across the street, MacDonalds to the left and another Japanese restaurant opposite Mac. Turn to your right after exiting the hotel and you will find Exit A1 of the Toei Oedo line and also the pedestrian overhead bridge to cross over to Takashimaya.
Our twin room was tiny and we could barely open both our suitcases. Pajamas and slippers are provided and so are the usual toiletries in the room. The location made up for the lack of room space and we used the JR and subways to go everywhere. The Airport Limo picks us up directly from the hotel lobby and saves you from having to lug your suitcases around. Book your Airport Limo tickets early with the reception as they sell out very fast. Housekeeping is from 10am to 3pm and room was cleaned pretty well. However, we found housekeeping services a tad inconsiderate. Our skincare items were thrown around and our makeup pouches placed on top of plants that we bought. Otherwise, everything is good and we would stay here again for the great value!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is a chic hotel located in the busy Shinjuku business district of Tokyo, Japan. Newly renovated in 2007 with sleek lines and modern accents, this Tokyo Shinjuku hotel's guestrooms are both contemporary and inviting for business and leisure travelers. Spacious and considerate, Hotel Sunroute offers guests competitive prices with special discounts and deals and the choice of a variety of guestrooms to meet each party's specifications. At the confluence of corporate skyscrapers and subway stations, this business hotel in Shinjuku is a magnet for business travelers. Travel around the Shinjuku and Tokyo area effortlessly via high-speed public transportation, which is just minutes away by foot. Shop one of the many department stores or travel outward to Mt. Fuji and the greater Tokyo area. Hotel Sunroute invites guests and visitors to lounge in the Villazza restaurant and trattoria for an expertly prepared meal from a menu featuring traditional Italian fare. Unwind at the end of the day in our Shinjuku hotel at Bar Ku Kon, in the plush lounges lit by a crackling fire, while sipping on a premium cocktail or whiskey with colleagues or friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, JAPANiCAN, Venere, Hotels.com, Otel and EasyToBook so you can book your Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Hotel
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya, Tokyo