Been to Tokyo a few times and has always stayed in Shinjuku and at Keio Plaza. This time around this was the only place that was available and decided to give a try base on Tripadvisors review.
-Hotel is a stop for the Airport LimoBus. So if you are looking for door to door service to Narita, it's a major plus.
-Location. It's even bettter than Keio Plaza. You are literally one block away from Shinjuku train station and in the midst of numerous department stores, eateries, shops,etc. Very very convenient.
-I booked the room with breakfast. The buffet style breakfast was good with varieties of japanese and western food. Quality not as good as Keio, but cheaper and sufficient.
-I specifically booked a non-smoking room and of course upon check-in, I was told none was available. Once I went to the room, the smoke smell was quite strong. The hotel does have a deodorizing spray, but it does not work. I guess it's a common complaint from the occupant for them to supply the spray. I had to buy a stronger one from the store, open the window, and then it was tolerable. Not recommended for people who are truly allergic to smoke.
-The size of the room was ok. I booked the larger of the the twin bed rooms and it still felt a bit tight with the luggage opened. The room also felt very used. No too much upkeep.
-The bathroom was tight. It is one constructed with the pre-fabricated walls and floors. Feels very cheap for hotel at this price point.
-The front desk people were fine with English, but not very friendly or helpful. I was very surprised by that. Japanese people by nature are usually very polite, very keen on mannerism, esp in the service industry. Here, the front desk people are just indifferent.
So you don't care about the bad, the hotel is fine because of its location and relative reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is a chic hotel located in the busy Shinjuku business district of Tokyo, Japan. Newly renovated in 2007 with sleek lines and modern accents, this Tokyo Shinjuku hotel's guestrooms are both contemporary and inviting for business and leisure travelers. Spacious and considerate, Hotel Sunroute offers guests competitive prices with special discounts and deals and the choice of a variety of guestrooms to meet each party's specifications. At the confluence of corporate skyscrapers and subway stations, this business hotel in Shinjuku is a magnet for business travelers. Travel around the Shinjuku and Tokyo area effortlessly via high-speed public transportation, which is just minutes away by foot. Shop one of the many department stores or travel outward to Mt. Fuji and the greater Tokyo area. Hotel Sunroute invites guests and visitors to lounge in the Villazza restaurant and trattoria for an expertly prepared meal from a menu featuring traditional Italian fare. Unwind at the end of the day in our Shinjuku hotel at Bar Ku Kon, in the plush lounges lit by a crackling fire, while sipping on a premium cocktail or whiskey with colleagues or friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Hotel
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya, Tokyo