“Excellent Location in Shibuya” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku

Save Saved
You added Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku to your Saves list
Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2-3-1 Yoyogi, Shibuya, Tokyo Prefecture 151-0053, Japan   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Shibuya
Melbourne
“Excellent Location in Shibuya”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed here for four nights and had a very pleasant experience. Location of this hotel couldn't have been better, less than 5 minutes to the trains and shopping strips! Our room was surprisingly larger than expected, quiet and clean. Staff were proficiently English speaking which helped tremendously. Breakfast menu could be varied can by the day though. On the whole, a highly recommended hotel to stay in Shinjuku, we would definitely come back again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We recently had two stays at this hotel while on our holiday in Japan. Both times we enjoyed our stay. Whilst the rooms are extremely small on western standards they are very clean and well stocked on amenities. Hotel staff are very friendly and always willing to help to any queries we might have. We left our luggage after our first stay and was able to leave our luggage while we toured Japan. Pillows were not very comfortable but was able to get another.

Room Tip: Maybe pay a bit more for a bigger room so that you can have a little more comfort.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Close to shinjuku station, lots of excellent restaurants nearby staff were excellent and English speaking. Wifi available in the lobby. Rooms were small but very clean and convenient. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I recently visited Tokyo for a short holiday and my friend recommended me to stay in Sunroute Plaza in Shinjuku. This hotel is so conveniently located near to the Shinjuku train station as well as all the shopping and eateries in Shinjuku. Plus there are plenty of convenience stores around.

The service from the hotel front-desk staff was great and pleasant. All of them that I spoke to were able to communicate well with me in English (since I don't speak a word of Japanese) and they were very helpful when I asked for help.

While the single room was atad small but it was still very comfortable. More importantly, the room (including the bathroom) was well-maintained and clean. Having the airport shuttle bus right in front of the hotel was another plus point for me. All in all, I'm really happy with my stay with this hotel, great recommendation by my friend. Definitely coming back to stay here in my next trip to Tokyo!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I visited Tokyo in may 2009 and stayed there for two weeks. I booked everything with only internet (mostly from Tripadvisor review). And i wasn't disappointed.

The room were big and clean, the staff was really helpful.
We took a bus from the hotel to the airport and it didnt cost much. There is a restaurant near the entrance but we never ate there.
I know there was a laundry room to clean our clothes but it was really expensive, so we cleaned it in the bath of our room. Way cheaper.

There is a 7/11 near open 24h a day, you can buy many useful stuff there if you are hungry.

It's a really short walking distance from one of the biggest JR station (Which is amazing!). It is also really close from the Disney bus stop to go to Tokyo Disney land & sea.

It was also close from many many big shopping center, the Marui (0101) and much more. Don't be afraid to walk everywhere and just follow the people, it's how i managed to visit the neighborhood and i found out really nice spot.

Amazing hotel, i would go back ANYTIME, really.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I visited Tokyo again in October 2012, this time by myself. I returned to the Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku after my awesome stay the first time.

I love its central location; I caught public transport to and from the airport (I arrived at the local one actually!). There is always shops to explore and food to eat close by, plus the cental subway station to almost every line.

The room was once again clean and comfortable. I had slightly more room seeing that I left the husband at home ;)

I have recommended this hotel to family (my sister has stayed here) and would continue to do the same. I was happy to see an upgrade of internet in the lounge where wifi was available. I also used the cable internet in my room.

Keep up the good work!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Toronto,Ont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

only 5 min walk from SOUTH EXIT of Shinjuku JR station. Nice, clean with good breakfast area. Wifi only available in the lobby or 3rd floor lounge, although there is wired internet for the laptop in room. Rooms are quite small even compare to other Japanese hotels but the price is right. Good English speaking front desk staff. Overall, i would stay here again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku? Share your experiences!