There really isn't much else to say about this hotel - after reading through all these reviews, I am so thankful for Tripadvisor because it helped me choose the best places to stay for my Japan holiday with my husband.
Just a couple of things to add:
1. We were very fortunate to have taken the Chuo line/exit from the Shinjuku Station when we first arrived from Kyoto because it seems to be the most direct way we could figure out. We were with two heavy luggages that we could still manage to drag across from the station to the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel, check in was relatively fuss free. Well, except for the fact that the male receptionist thought I was the mother and my husband the son! (We are of the same age, mind you.)
2. Room was good though a little small but like everyone says, this is Japan. I like that they provided comfortable room slippers with a little note to assure us that "These slippers were cleaned." Indeed, a great place to stay and base yourself when sightseeing in Tokyo - we stayed four nights here and liked the location a lot.
3. No wifi in rooms. I'm not sure why hotels don't already allow wifi in rooms. It's almost a basic necessity. You usually end up hanging around with other guests in the lobby for 15 to 30 minutes every day tapping on the hotel wifi that is available only at the lounge or second floor.
4. There is no concierge but the receptionists are usually attentive enough and can speak enough English to help you find your way around. They have this helpful sheet of paper with the best train routes to common and popular sightseeing areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is a chic hotel located in the busy Shinjuku business district of Tokyo, Japan. Newly renovated in 2007 with sleek lines and modern accents, this Tokyo Shinjuku hotel's guestrooms are both contemporary and inviting for business and leisure travelers. Spacious and considerate, Hotel Sunroute offers guests competitive prices with special discounts and deals and the choice of a variety of guestrooms to meet each party's specifications. At the confluence of corporate skyscrapers and subway stations, this business hotel in Shinjuku is a magnet for business travelers. Travel around the Shinjuku and Tokyo area effortlessly via high-speed public transportation, which is just minutes away by foot. Shop one of the many department stores or travel outward to Mt. Fuji and the greater Tokyo area. Hotel Sunroute invites guests and visitors to lounge in the Villazza restaurant and trattoria for an expertly prepared meal from a menu featuring traditional Italian fare. Unwind at the end of the day in our Shinjuku hotel at Bar Ku Kon, in the plush lounges lit by a crackling fire, while sipping on a premium cocktail or whiskey with colleagues or friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, T4B and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Hotel
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya, Tokyo