Stayed for 3 nights on my first ever trip to Tokyo. The location was hard to beat - a five minute walk from Shinjuku JR station (where you can get the Narita Express to and from) and right next to the metro station. Plenty of shops, bars, restaurants, department stores etc within a short walk of the hotel. It was also a only a short walk to the bus station from where you can catch the bus to Mt Fuji so a good choice for anyone intending to do the climb.
Staff on the front desk were very helpful and friendly and spoke good English. I shared a twin room with a friend. It was compact but bigger than I was expecting. The beds were like small doubles rather than singles. There was a fridge, kettle, TV (limited English channels) and the bathroom had a tub with a shower over it. Full size bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash were provided as well as razors, toothbrushes, etc. There was a drinks machine and a free ice machine near the lifts. Really could not complain about the room at all - it was very quiet, clean and confortable.
I had breakfast one of the days at the hotel - nothing to write home about and was glad I didn't opt for it everyday. There are Starbucks and other coffee shops nearby where you can get a reasonable breakfast. However, the restaurant in the lobby did have some good deals for drinks eg one glass of beer was 800 yen but for 960 yen you could have unlimited beer (or whiskey and soda) for an hour. A glass of wine was an acceptable 500 yen (about 4 pounds) - I had heard some horror stories about prices in Tokyo so was pleasantly surprised that we could have a drink at the hotel without breaking the bank.
Free wifi was available in the lobby and the guest lounge which also had a TV and computers you could use (although everything turned Japanese when you tried to type anything!).
Highly recommend this hotel for location, reasonable price and facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is a chic hotel located in the busy Shinjuku business district of Tokyo, Japan. Newly renovated in 2007 with sleek lines and modern accents, this Tokyo Shinjuku hotel's guestrooms are both contemporary and inviting for business and leisure travelers. Spacious and considerate, Hotel Sunroute offers guests competitive prices with special discounts and deals and the choice of a variety of guestrooms to meet each party's specifications. At the confluence of corporate skyscrapers and subway stations, this business hotel in Shinjuku is a magnet for business travelers. Travel around the Shinjuku and Tokyo area effortlessly via high-speed public transportation, which is just minutes away by foot. Shop one of the many department stores or travel outward to Mt. Fuji and the greater Tokyo area. Hotel Sunroute invites guests and visitors to lounge in the Villazza restaurant and trattoria for an expertly prepared meal from a menu featuring traditional Italian fare. Unwind at the end of the day in our Shinjuku hotel at Bar Ku Kon, in the plush lounges lit by a crackling fire, while sipping on a premium cocktail or whiskey with colleagues or friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, T4B and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Hotel
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya, Tokyo