“Amazing hotel, Loved staying there!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Century Southern Tower

You added Hotel Century Southern Tower to your Saves list
Hotel Century Southern Tower
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2-2-1 Yoyogi, Shibuya 151-8583, Tokyo Prefecture (Shinjuku)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
United Kingdom
“Amazing hotel, Loved staying there!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

It was the first time I visited Tokyo and chose this hotel in Shinjuku because of the location and previous reviews on here about how convenient it is. I noted down the instructions which was to follow the southern Terrance exit and within 5 mins we was at the lobby of the hotel on the 20th floor.

I stayed here for 5 nights and each night was like returning home, really nice and relaxing, the view from our room was also amazing looking over the city. We spent time around the area to find lots of different places for food. Although we was opposite the 2 massive malls, we preferred to shop down town where things were less pricey.

The hotel is just in a fantastic location, close to the JR which was handy when having to take the Narita Express back to the airport at like 6am in the morning. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, communication was not a problem at all! I still remenber every time we walked in/out of the lobby, the staff were very polite and would always bow to us.

Overall a excellent choice expecially a we were first timers and had no idea what Tokyo was like, we spent time exploring the area and loved it! its a good place to settle and start if your unsure and not with a tour guide group.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

As I walked into this hotel after being exhausted from a red eye flight from SE Asia, I was delighted at the subtle smell in the lobby on the 20th floor. It was just like walking into a luxury spa. Looking around also proved to be wonderful as the panoramic views were unbeatable. While I was disappointed that my room wasn't ready when I arrived bright and early, the staff did do a wonderful job of sending me on some sight seeing tours in Tokyo which were fantastic. When I got to my room I was delighted at how comfortable it was. Added bonus, the toilet seat was heated!

The hotel was nicely located next to Shinjuku station, although it was tough to find when getting off of the subway as that station is so large, and had quite a few conveniences right at your finger tips. I would definitely stay at this hotel again as the staff was pleasant, the rooms were nice, the views were unbeatable, and the location was superb!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

I stayed at this hotel during March '11 for 3 nights. The hotel is conveniently located on the south side of Shinjuku and only 5mins walk to JR station. In addition, the hotel is equipped with everything you need during your stay (including a massive Queen size bed). The room was immaculate and pleasantly bigger than the standard Tokyo cube. The staff are friendly and some do speak English to an adequate level for communication. I will always book this hotel when ever I come back to Tokyo......also forgot to mention the AWESOME view you get overlooking Shinjuku.

A++ for services, facilities and value.

Cheers,

Dan from Oz

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

I would stay here again. Great hotel and great location. Its officially Shibuya but more like Shinjuku. We stayed here 4 nights and loved it! I have stayed in Shibuya before at the Tokyu inn which was amazing location but much smaller room and more expensive I think. The location was still great! Coffee places downstairs and around the corner (segafreddo is the best coffee we found in Japan), dept stores nearby, next to JR station and close to metro, easy and nice walk to the golden gai and Shinjuku's yakatori alley (which I liked better than Ginza's for atmosphere).

The hotel starts at the 24 floor (approx) so all rooms would have a great view but we were lucky to stay on the top floor and the views we had of Shinkuju koen and the city were beautiful. Our room was nice and had free wifi. It was also pretty big and nicely appointed. Bathroom clean and good size.

Staff were also friendly and helpful.

Don't hesitate to stay here. Great rooms, value and location. However Shibuya is also a great location but equivalent hotel seems alot more expensive.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Lawrence, KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

The room and the view were lovely. Located in the heart of Shinjuku, it's a couple minutes walk from the station. When we stay in Shibuya, we stay at the Cerulean Tower. I love both neighborhoods, but it's much cheaper to stay in Shinjuku. The Cerulean is about $400 a night while a corner room at Century Southern was only $170.

TIPS: The convenience store is a great place to buy snacks, sake or odds and ends.
Do not miss an opportunity explore Tokyu Hands! It's a great place to buy interesting souvenirs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyu_Hands

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

This is a great hotel located right by the Shinjuku train and subway station. I have pretty high standards when it comes to hotel and thought it was a great value hotel for the following reasons:
- Location! Location! Location! So convenient!
- Rooms are relatively normal size compared to what I've been told about other hotels in Japan. It was fine for 2 people.
- Service was excellent. Staff was friendly, efficient, and helpful
- Free internet is always a bonus
- The airport limo bus takes you direct from Narita to the hotel door and vice versa
- Rooms were very clean
- Breakfast buffet was very good

I highly recommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

Recently spent 6 nights here at the end of a 3 week trip around Japan. We had a corner room on the 27th floor, with spectacular views of Tokyo and clear visibility all the way to Mt Fuji.

My girlfriend and I loved this hotel. It is very close to Shinjuku station. The promenade from the station was beautifully illuminated at night. Rooms are spacious. Beds were the most comfortable we had during our stay. Service at the hotel was flawless and the location is perfect. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Highly recommended, and much better value than other hotels of this standard.

Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Century Southern Tower? Share your experiences!