“As expected, perfect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel

Save Saved
You added Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel to your Saves list
Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   26-1 Sakuragaoka-cho, Shibuya, Tokyo Prefecture 150-8512, Japan   |
Ranked #4 of 29 hotels in Shibuya
paris france
“As expected, perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed once again there, everything was fine, staff perfect and cherries for breakfast a kill! Hope the rooms will be renovated, they are starting to look tired! Good location, close to subway stations, very helpful staff

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

841 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is fantastic. It is right next to the JR station and is walking distance to everything in shibuya. The rooms very roomy considering we had previously stayed in a japan style hotel, these are western size accommodations. Out bathroom had a huge window where the tub was overlooking the city. I would and have recommended this hotel to anyone going to tokyo.

• Stayed May 2013
Örebro, Sverige
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed here in April 2013 with some friends during our trip to Tokyo. It is a really nice hotel and the service is great. The hotel itself is really easy to find, it is the tallest building, and it is located really close to the center of Shibuya. However the Wi-Fi could have been for free.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a great hotel located conveniently to the great shopping opportunities in Shibuya. It has excellent service, good breakfast and very nice view from the guest rooms. It's easy to get around as the station is just around the corner.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Stockholm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here for four nights. We got there early and got an earlier check in which was nice. I have stayed in many hotels and this is one of the best. Not just that The staff is so nice, they are nice every where in Japan. Everything about this hotel is good. They have a lovely breakfast buffe and the food is nice in the restaurants that we tried. The location of the hotel can not be better. So easy access to the train/metro station, max 5 min. We took the train from the airport and it was so handy. You get a card that takes you to the hotel and that is loaded with 1500 yen and is refillable. No rush on that train and stops at Shibuya station. Can not be easier. Someone said it would be hard to understand the train/metro system. It is dead easy, do not hesitate.

The rooms are great size and with fantastic view and clean. The only thing was that one can tell it is mostly men travelling in Japan. If ypu wanted women toiletteries you had to ask and the schampoo was men smell. I solved that by using the products in the gym/pool. They had good products. Loved the gym and the pool except that you had to pay (free 6-7). I think that should be included on the other hand it was almost empty. The gym/pool is from 18yo, I liked that. No kids junping and screaming but maybe a minus if you have kids.

You have to pay for internet too but not too much and it was fast. I tried to book a spa apointment when we arrived, i so needed one but they were full for the next days. So if you want to use it book in advance. Was a bit disapointed over that.

This is the best area in Tokyo. There are so much going on and great shoping area. Easy to access the rest of the city. Lots snd lots of great reastaurants. We found that many good restaurants were in the basements. They do not have menues in English but that does not matter be wild and crazy and they try to explain as good as they can.

I liked it so much so we cancelled our other hotel for when we get back from the trip around Japan and rebooked this one. I then tried to store a small bag to with things we bought but that was not possible. Done that in Thailand and there it is never a problem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. Customer service and cleanliness are impeccable. Most of the staff speak English. The hotel is expensive and the size of your average hotel room in the states with very nice amenities and very comfortable room. Hallways were hot but, I believe that was related to energy conservation and I assume the tsunami. It was like that all around Japan. Some of my family members stayed at Shibuya Excel hotel. Still nice but, I got to see the average hotel size in Tokyo which is half the size of a room at the Cerulean. We had two rooms with 3 in one and two in the other. Yes folks who are new to visiting Japan apparently most hotel rooms in Tokyo do not sleep 4 people. It worked out for my family because we had an extra adult traveling with us to house one of my kids. We took the Cerulean Airport Limousine Bus which drops you off at the front of the hotel. They were very organized getting everyone's luggage straight which I appreciated as we were all tired from the long flight. Airport bus transport is definitely more expensive than the train but, I most definitely would not have wanted to get on a crowded train to get to the hotel after a long flight. Shibuya Train station is a 5 minute walk away from the hotel across from East/West Mall near the Hachiko statue and the Shibuya Crossing which should be a requirement to cross at night just to experience the strangely organized chaos. Pay attention on the walking bridge. If you get confused just look up for the Cerulean towers and you will get your bearings. We were in Tokyo during a massive heat wave and one day I was by myself and felt like Chevy Chase in European vacation walking around on the bridge. I am going to blame it on dehydration. My only complaint would be the expensive WiFi and the gym is only free from 6am-7am in the morning. Any other time you have to pay along with the hotel bar. Restaurants in the hotel are also very expensive. I think we paid $12 for a coke which brings me to my love affair with the 7-11 right next to the hotel. You literally get off on the 2nd floor and head to the exit on the right staying right walking past the restaurant you come up to my beloved 7-11. This isn't just any 7-11 that you would see in the states. This place offers fresh fruit, salads, sandwiches, cold ramen and soba at very reasonable prices. We never ate in the hotel again and enjoyed one or more meals a day from the 7-11. I especially enjoyed the salads and sandwiches with lots of greens as I found it difficult at most restaurants to get lots of veggies.

Trains are definitely worth taking getting around Tokyo. I was lucky enough to be with Japanese speaking people so it helped that they knew the transit system already. I think I would have had a hard time otherwise. If you get confused while managing the train system or a cab for that matter and the person does not speak English I found just showing the Japanese version of the website of the place I was going to on my phone helped the cab driver and the attendant at the train station. Can't wait to go back to Tokyo and stay at the Cerulean again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The hotel situated in short walking area to shibuya shopping center. Room is average size but clean and well equipped.
Breakfast is average. You can choose international buffet or traditional japanese breakfast set. Fitness is free only from 6.00am-7.00am. Try to wake up early!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel? Share your experiences!