“Great Location, price and quality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dormy inn Premium Shibuya Jingumae

You added Dormy inn Premium Shibuya Jingumae to your Saves list
Dormy inn Premium Shibuya Jingumae
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6-24-4 Jingumae, Shibuya 150-0001, Tokyo Prefecture (Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu)   |
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great Location, price and quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Excellent value for money, short walk to all the good shopping, restaurants and transport. Will stay there again if I'm back in Tokyo. Can be a little hard to find initially, so get good directions. Room was small, but very clean, modern and functional...typically Japanese

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hermosa Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

This hotel is further than I had expected from Shibuya station, but not too far, 15 min walk. Hotel wonderful. Clean, great breakfast and tasty free Ramen at night (actually very good). Onsen lovely free option and I took advantage of the affordable massages they offered. I would definitely recommend and visit again. We paid a little extra for the larger room, totally worth it.

Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

This hotel is situated at Harajuka, the shopping district of Tokyo and it is a 15 min walk from the Shibuya crossing. It has a great breakfast (both Japanese and western), free wi-fi. It is 5 min walk from the metro and 10 from the JR station. Rooms are small but clean and well equiped.

Far Eastern District, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We had no bugs biting, rooms are not very small, soundproof very well. Breakfast is good. Spa is great with floating oranges in the pool.
Far from the station to walk with the suitcases. Nice area,a toy store near by .
I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I am about to check out of this hotel to travel on to Seoul. I stayed here three nights. The hotel is actually in a great location, near the back streets of Ometesando and was quite fine, until... The problems began when the second day in my hand started to swell, and I clearly had bites. In fact I have had to take my wedding ring off it has swelled so much on my ring finger. I thought perhaps it was something like an ant or a spider, but then last night I saw those tell tale signs you read about of three bites in a row, this time on my neck. So, I have bed bug bites. Apparently the hand is more sensitive, so those appear first. Last night I went down to the front desk and asked if I could change rooms as I really did to want another night of biting. It is not the fault of the hotel that they have bugs, but how they deal with it is instructive. Basically, they said there were no other rooms, and they were fully booked and goodnight. I asked to speak to a manager, whose name I have for a formal complaint. She finally said they have a cancellation - this at 11pm - so clearly they had not been strictly truthful in the first response. Then the manager suggested that if I see a doctor and get the a medical certificate, when I reach Seoul, proving it was a bed bug bite, I would receive a discount. I got angry, as I never asked for a discount. All I wanted was to change rooms. In the end I got to change rooms, but there was no offer to help me move rooms, and the whole experience was one of rudeness, making me feel that somehow this was my fault. If the hotel is reading this, please take note, for this is really not how to treat customers.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We picked this great boutique-ish hotel for our last night in Tokyo, and I'm really glad we did.
It's situated between Shibuya Station and Harijuku, so lots of great stuff in walking distance. Close to shopping around Harijuku, the Ota Memorial Museum of Art, the lively streets of Shibuya, and my fave bar the Ruby Room (also in Shibuya).

Our room was really charming - there was a little ante-chamber before you got to the bedroom, so there was room to open your suitcase (if you need to repack, it's perfect). The room itself had a vanity, a little couch and table. I don't think all the rooms have this layout, but I'm glad we got it.

The bathroom had the customary fabulous toilet (with bonus settings), and a nice tub/shower combo. Lots of amenities - we just couldn't figure out how to work the AC as it was all in Japanese (which hadn't been an issue at all of our other hotels). The room had wifi, but it didn't work very well in our room, however, it worked fine in the lobby. It might just be where our room was situated.

Luckily, we had booked the room to include the breakfast buffet, which was great, and shortly after, grabbed their free shuttle to Shibuya station to catch the Narita Express. We would definitely stay there again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed for one night at this hotel and would have stayed more nights if we hadn't arranged something else! Staff were friendly and helpful, couldn't do enough to help, the free noodles we wish we'd had and the wifi was super quick. Will stay again next time we're in shibuya!

Stayed July 2014

Been to Dormy inn Premium Shibuya Jingumae? Share your experiences!