“Expensive but totally worth it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shibuya 109

Shibuya 109
2-29-1 Dogenzaka, Shibuya 150-0043, Tokyo Prefecture (Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu)
+81 3-3477-5111
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 38 Shopping in Shibuya
Tokyo
7 attraction reviews
“Expensive but totally worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Shibuya 109 is the epitome of pop culture and fashion in Tokyo. It has ten floors (and two basements) - filled with small, chic stores. Each store is different, they have preppy style, goth style, loli style, cutesy style, and basically any other kind you can imagine.
All the workers are really loud and dress nicely. They will try to pull you into the shops (not physically). Be careful, though, everything is really expensive!!
I tried going once on my own... it was fun. Then, a friend took me on a tour (for young people) https://meetrip.to/tokyo/tours/415 which was much better. The guy, Gaku, taught me a lot about the history of Shibuya 109 and stuff. When we were there we even saw a Japanese celebrity! I didn't know who it was, but my guide said it was a famous singer.

My favorite spot is the top floor, where they have a small studio with mirrors, hair curlers, and straightening irons. You can check your makeup - and do your hair for free!
I only bought one skirt - it was almost $50... really expensive...

Visited April 2013

• Indonesian first
Tokyo, Japan
15 attraction reviews
“shopping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

It is a shopping mall in shibuya.there are many shops for girl.I heared that lady gaga and other famous people are visiting here also when they visit to Tokyo.it was not interesthing for me

Visited January 2013
Yokohama, Japan
13 attraction reviews
“Just for young people”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If your in your twenties, you're a fashionista and have money to spare, this is your place. Careful there's a 109 for girls and there's a new one for boys.

Taipei, Taiwan
5 attraction reviews
“cool place to shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

things here are cool, different from stores of other area, cool shoes, cool bags, cool clothes. good price, good services. it's a must go place in Shibuya!

Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“Clothes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The clothes, all of them, they all appeal to me. I love them! Unfortunately, I'm still a young teenager, so I didn't have the money to buy the attractive clothes...
The food is also great. I had the best cake, ever, there.
I will definitely come back again, in the mere future, definitely..

Visited January 2012