“Business Style Hotel and Perfect Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Unizo Shibuya

Save Saved
You added Hotel Unizo Shibuya to your Saves list
Hotel Unizo Shibuya
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4-3 Udagawacho, Shibuya, Tokyo Prefecture 150-0042, Japan   |
Ranked #8 of 29 hotels in Shibuya
Budapest, Hungary
“Business Style Hotel and Perfect Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Unizo Shibuya is a comfortable hotel situated in just 5 minutes walk from Shibuya station. The neighborhood is full of options to eat and drink out, shopping, and some attractions like Meiji shrine and Yoyogi park are also not very far away, at a walkable distance or one stop on JR. From Shibuya station you can take Yamanote line or several Tokyo metro lines and reach any other district of Tokyo with ease.

The hotel itself has a very general business appearance, no particular ambiance, but everything functions very efficiently. Check in was smooth, but I arrived early in the morning, so had to wait several hours for the room to be ready. The staff agreed to keep my bags for several hours both upon my arrival and after checking out without any additional charge.

The single room is very small indeed, basically occupied by a bed without much space left for anything else, but there is a small workstation, and cable Internet, no wifi in the room. You get the complimentary pair of sleepers that they change every day, green tea bags and basic toiletries. The bathroom has enough space and the bathtub is comfortable. There are smoking and non-smoking rooms. The room is cleaned thoroughly every day. I have not heard any noise at any point. I have not had breakfast at the hotel, so cannot comment on it. There is Starbucks and Family Mart rigth across the road, which makes an easy option for morning coffee and snacks.

It is a good option for stay in Tokyo given the perfect location, especially if you do not plan to stay in the room for a long periods of time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The location is perfect, we took the Narita express train (one hour to Shibuya) to Shibuya, walked 5-7 minutes and arrived to the hotel.

Shibuya is the perfect place to stay in Tokyo, many bars, stores , restaurants, whatever, everything is open late, you can walk at any time, its very safe.
There is a Starbucks right outside, as well as a grocery store, uniqlo store, Disney store, Gap and many others.

You cant go wrong in this location, I would stay there again, even though the rooms are small.

My room was a bit smaller , than my friends room, who stayed the last room in the row.
rooms where very clean and cozy, and very quite.
Nothing on the TV as stated.
The bar downstairs (the English pub right outside) is pretty good with decent prices.

Room Tip: Last room in every row , seem a bit larger, higher floors are better
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Check-in/Check-out - efficient and the ladies who helped me spoke English quite well. I had to pay for every night upon check-in so that was a little different from U.S. standards.

Room - I was given a single room on the 9th floor (the highest floor). The room is small like all the other reviewers have commented but they do make good use of the space. My bed was comfortable and more like a full size instead of the twin size that I was expecting. The TV only had a few channels and all were in Japanese. The room key must be inserted into the slot near the door or the electricity won't go on. The power outlets are made for U.S. power plugs so I didn't need to use the converter that I brought with me. I only used the safe for a few items and left my laptop out the whole time. The room, bathroom, fridge, and tea-making area were very clean. I received new bedroom slippers everyday and the packaging said they're for personal use and can be taken home. You also get a new green teabag if you drink the current one. There are vending machines and a laundry area on the basement floor and a restaurant on the 2nd floor, but I didn't use any of them.

Noise - Even though the hotel is near a major shopping area, I didn't really hear much noise from my room. The only time I heard noise was when my neighbors or others down the hall slammed their doors or an ambulance drove by.

Staff - Only a few of them speak and understand English well. If you can speak a little Japanese or have a phrase book, they will do their best to help you. I requested a map and they only had Japanese ones. Somehow I managed to find everything I needed.

Location - excellent. The hotel is across the street from a small Starbucks and a convenience store. It's also a short walk to the nearest grocery store (basement of Seibu), many eating places and shops, including the 100 Yen store and Don Quijote (another affordable place for various items), and Tokyu Hands (where I bought a Magicool scarf for the hot weather). It took me 15 min to walk to Yoyogi Park, 10 minutes to Shibuya station, Shibuya crossing where the big Starbucks is located, and Tokyu Dept store (walking slow).

Luggage storage - Upon checkout I asked if I could leave my baggage with them for a few hours before leaving for the airport. I wasn't charged a fee like other hotels (500 yen at the Shibuya Excel Hotel Tokyu).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Most conveniently located and clean, if tiny! Lots of quirky little vintage clothing shops nearby. The local Italian Restaurant is a must, even if just to giggle at the English menu....the staff must wonder why no foreigners ever order the cow phlegm! It's hard to find anything except Starbucks open for breakfast before 11am, so perhaps it is a good idea to have breakfast in the hotel. So many shops having sales at present, so there are bargains to be had, though window shopping can be almost as much fun.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Laren, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012 via mobile

Its a 10 min walk from Shibuya train station and 2 min walk from the luxury shopping mall Parco. Its really close to all the nice small restaurants too! I like the breakfast room most especially as it has a lot of light, and nice quirky music to start my day. They only serve 3 dishes for brf and I ate the Ricotta cheese pancake the most-super yum! The rooms are quite compact but clean. Even if my room is on the street side, it was very quiet! I will stay in the hotel again for sure. I got free wired internet as well.

Stayed May 2011

Been to Hotel Unizo Shibuya? Share your experiences!