“Great ramen with fantastic soft-boiled egg” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Noodle
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Sydney, Australia
“Great ramen with fantastic soft-boiled egg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We went with very high expectations but they were all met w more! The noodles were perfect and broth was tasty! The egg was the egg I have tasted so far in all ramen shops in Japan!
We had to wait for a little for sears but it was worth it!
I also enjoyed the individual block setting very much where you can just enjoy your noodles without any distractions!

• Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Stockholm
“Very tasty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Hard to find - it's not on street level - but in basement. The food was really good! Possible to have the noodle soup without pork (you chose that when you get to your seat - not at the vending machine). Extra noodles not necessary unless you are really hungry. Highly recommended!

“Great Ramen and tourist friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Best i had in Japan, took about 20mins wait for a weekend, they hand out a form in english for you to fill up, spciyness,tickness ect, worth the wait!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Very average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Went to have dinner here on a friday night around 7, only 4-5 people ahead of me and took less than 10 minutes till we sat down. We only had time to have one ramen meal this trip and initially wanted to try Rokurinsha Ramen on Ramen Street but after hearing so much after Ichiran and how amazing its meant to be, we decided to go ahead with it since I liked the idea of individualised bowls of ramen. But I guess I had really high expectations for it. We were really disappointed. I mean its not BAD but I would definitely not recommend. The egg was very overcooked, boarder-line hard boiled. Wished we went to Rokurinsha instead.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Hidden Gem in the City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was travelling around Shibuya and was actually intending to find another restaurant to no avail, when I stumbled upon this restaurant. Although its outer appearance is rather unassuming and humble, do not judge a book by its cover because this restaurant serves one of the best tasting ramen I have ever tasted during my time in Japan. After eating this ramen, which allows you to customise your order (how soft/hard you want your noodles, whether you want pork, how much special spice sauce you want etc), no other ramen would ever taste the same again. To be perfectly honest, I never thought I'd like ramen until I tasted the ramen here - it was that good. Also, they provided instructions in English too so fear not, those who do not understand a single iota of Japanese.

Also, the cubicles where customers eat are separated from each other with partitions, and you do not even see the staff's face due to curtains blocking your view. Due to the partitions, it is difficult for you to make small talk, or talk to your friends unless they're seated right next to you. However, really that should not deter you from trying to eat at Ichiran because really, the ramen is soooo good.

• Visited April 2013