“Fantastic fresh sushi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Umegaoka Sushi No Midori Sohonten Shibuya

Umegaoka Sushi No Midori Sohonten Shibuya
1-12 Dogenzaka | Shibuya Mark City East 4F, Shibuya, Tokyo Prefecture 150-0043, Japan
+81 3-5458-0002
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 4,453 Restaurants in Shibuya
Cuisines: Sushi
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic fresh sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Really fresh sushi you can taste the ocean! I have almost forgotten the real taste of fish after eating so much boring sushi from sushi trains!
This is top quality sushi at a good price. Not a cheap eat you can getting great quality food with great quality food. If you dont like waiting, go there 30min before it opens- I know, still have to wait. But thats the norm for great food in Japan!
If you are the curious type I recommend you seat at the bar so you can take in the whole experience even more and the passion to sushi perfection of the chefs!

• Visited June 2013

• Thai first
Ventura, California, United States
“Long line, good sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This place is right in the train station in Mark City, so its easy to find. The line was really long, but it actually does move very quickly, so don't give up. Sushi was great! Lots of options, so don't get scared off by the REALLY Japanese stuff that you can't identify. Reasonably priced too. I think we spent about $50 US, for the two of us. The hostess speaks fairly good english too, so you can ask some questions.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Outstanding sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Before I go there, I read the review of others saying that one usually wait for 30 minutes during lunch and dinner hour. We visited there around 2:30 pm. Fortunately, there was no line. So, we ate without waiting. We ordered the sushi special. It was really tasty and delicious. The food was bountiful. So, my wife and I ate sushi by taking out some rice from sushi. I strongly recommend trying sushi special.

Visited May 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“What an experience....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Dinner was so much fun with the food shooting along a conveyer belt.
Taste of the food was great.
A must.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Best sushi of my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went here twice in 5 days, it was that good. Get here just before it opens and you shouldn't have to wait long at all.
You will be greeted with a hearty welcome from all the sushi chefs. My tip is to sit at the bar so you can admire their skills as they prepare your food.
I have never experienced fresher sushi, and it's reasonably priced.
Loved it, can't wait to go back to Japan so I can eat here again.

Visited July 2012