“Long line, good sushi” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Umegaoka Sushi No Midori Sohonten Shibuya

Umegaoka Sushi No Midori Sohonten Shibuya
1-12 Dogenzaka | Shibuya Mark City East 4F, Shibuya 150-0043, Tokyo Prefecture (Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu)
+81 3-5458-0002
Neighborhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Ventura, California, United States
“Long line, good sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This place is right in the train station in Mark City, so its easy to find. The line was really long, but it actually does move very quickly, so don't give up. Sushi was great! Lots of options, so don't get scared off by the REALLY Japanese stuff that you can't identify. Reasonably priced too. I think we spent about $50 US, for the two of us. The hostess speaks fairly good english too, so you can ask some questions.

• Visited May 2013

• Thai first
Dallas, Texas
“Outstanding sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Before I go there, I read the review of others saying that one usually wait for 30 minutes during lunch and dinner hour. We visited there around 2:30 pm. Fortunately, there was no line. So, we ate without waiting. We ordered the sushi special. It was really tasty and delicious. The food was bountiful. So, my wife and I ate sushi by taking out some rice from sushi. I strongly recommend trying sushi special.

Visited May 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“What an experience....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Dinner was so much fun with the food shooting along a conveyer belt.
Taste of the food was great.
A must.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Best sushi of my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went here twice in 5 days, it was that good. Get here just before it opens and you shouldn't have to wait long at all.
You will be greeted with a hearty welcome from all the sushi chefs. My tip is to sit at the bar so you can admire their skills as they prepare your food.
I have never experienced fresher sushi, and it's reasonably priced.
Loved it, can't wait to go back to Japan so I can eat here again.

Visited July 2012
Los Angeles
“Excellent!!! Do not miss! Fresh fish, very reasonable prices.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I went twice to Sushi Midori and it was very good both times. They offer very good quality sushi for an excellent price ($60 USD for 2 people!). A comparable restaurant in Los Angeles would be close to $150-200. I have eaten at a lot of sushi restaurants and I would highly recommend this place. If it were in LA, it would be my favorite. The fish is fresh. The cuts there are oversized so it is not delicate sushi. If anything, I might even say that there are too large as I ate some of my pieces in 2 bites. My favorites were the mid-fatty level tuna and the sweet shrimp ($2.50 for 1 piece – yes this is not a typo).

They also have a few pre-fix menus for $22-28 that have about 12 pieces each. They do have English menus so it was easy for foreigners.

It is located in the Shibuya Mark City center on the 4th floor. It is on the restaurant level of the mall.

The only negative is the wait. We went on a Sunday morning at 11 am and waited around 45 minutes. We also went on a Sunday night at 5 pm and also waited around 45 minutes.

• Visited May 2013