“The hotel was clean and very convenient” 5 of 5 stars

Sakura Hotel Hatagaya
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1-32-3 Hatagaya, Shibuya 151-0072, Tokyo Prefecture   |
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
Mexico City, Mexico
“The hotel was clean and very convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed one week in Tokyo, and the hotel was very clean, the staff are very friendly, the room was clean, it´s just 2 blocks away from the Hatagaya Subway station, and it´s very closer to Shinjuku, if you want to take a taxi from Shinjuku station only takes 10 minutes, I hope to come back soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed at Sakura again for the second time in Tokyo.
Small rooms but you are in Tokyo and it is cheap.
Rooms serviced daily and they offer a very basic breakfast (one to be missed)
100 meters to the subway and you pass a number of inexpensive resturants including the francise "Donutor" which does a breakfast set (Choise of 6) for about A$6 with great coffee.
The hotel is good enough with great front of desk staff who can direct you anywhere.

Room Tip: Rooms have everything you need but are Tokyo small. And if you intend to use the rail a lot get a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Burfjord, Troms, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Being Norwegian, having travelled in Japan for one week with a different accomodation every night, it felt very relaxing to arrive Sakura Hotel Hatagaya. Kind of a "mid-between" japanese and International hotel. Staff was strictly correct in accordance to Japanese custom, and at the same time open minded and active asking their guests for further connection, like personal history and invitation to share recies from ones homeland. This approoach of course also makes a good and friendly atmosphere among the guest, who often use the cafè for a drink, a meal or to work on papers or computers. from the hotel there is 160 steps to the local station Hatagaya. Train from Hatagaya to Shinjuku, the worlds largest traffic hub, takes 4 min. But surprisingly, the areas next to the hotel seems like nice residential areas. The most amazing and beautyful food stores I saw on my Japan round-about are located five minute walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are strictly non smoking. There is a nice smoking place outside, with a oven and woollen b...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Tokyo (ginza) same time last year. This year decided to try Some place closer to Shinjuku. Have only been here a day, but already am very happy with the hotel and the location. The hotel is cheap, clean, has friendly staff and is close to all amenities (especially restaurants). It's close to Shinjuku, shibuyu and Harajuku.

• Stayed January 2013
Bandung, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Sakura Hotel Hatagaya was the third hotel in our eleven day trip in Japan. Even the Sakura Hotel room was the smallest and the coldest room (what happened to the windows and door sealer?) compare to other two hotel, but my 7 yrs son loved The Sakura Hotel Hatagaya, more than the other two.

My son was very impressed of the call bell in your reception desk (the one like a bird pecking) and the picture of our family hanging in the hotel wall.
We were very please to stay at this hotel because our the warm and friendly staff that welcome us and also very helpful - and with fluent English too..
Other than that, Sakura Hotel Hatagaya location is close to everywhere (station, convenient store, coin laundry, various restaurant), just by 5 min walking...
Overall, we can say that we would come back and stay in Sakura Hotel Hatagaya again, next time we visit Tokyo.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Daylesford, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This hotel was recommended to me by a friend that had stayed there several times before so I thought I'd give it a go. I spent about 10 days at this great little hotel when I visited Japan and even though I went off to visit other places, I came back to stay there when I was in Tokyo. The rooms are small but they are clean and met my basic needs as I was out and about most of the time. It is located very close to public transport and lots of great little shops, bars and restaurants. The staff at the hotel are fabulous and really made my stay so much better. They were friendly and knowledgeable and went out of their way to help, especially Naoto, as he helped me sort out some travel arrangements. Thanks too to Sariko and Ai, lots of good advice on where to go and what to see and where to eat etc. All the staff seemed well traveled and understood the needs of visitors. I would stay there again. You guys are great. Cheers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Halifax, nova scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Sakura Hotel is nothing fancy, but it is a great hotel for the budget traveler! I've seen some reviews where people complain about the entra train transfer but honestly, it's only a 15-20 minute walk to Shinjuku and you basically walk in a straight line! I did it almost everyday! You're there to sightsee! Which brings me to my next point: yes, the rooms are small! Why does this matter? Get out! Go do something! You should only be sleeping here! If you're coming to Tokyo solely to sit in your pretty hotel room, suck it up and spend a few hundred for a fancy room.

I found the rooms to be very cozy and clean. The bed was comfortable and the area is insanely quiet. You will definitely sleep well! However, the walls do seem to be quite thin as I could hear the people in the next room talking and I could also hear when they coughed, but no one was trying to be loud by any means and I never heard anything during the night (just a bit in the mornings). The shower pressure was great and the water always nice and hot. Maybe I was lucky since I did not experience any weird smell that other reviewers have mentioned.

The cafe in the lobby is nice. I didn't eat their often but what I did have was decent. Usually I just sat there to use the free wifi, which works fine.

The staff are very friendly and speak very good English. When I needed change for the trains they had no problem exchanging my bills for me. When I wasn't sure how to get where I was going, they gave me booklets, maps, and written directions complete with what the fare would cost to get there.

Overall I would 100% stay here again! This will actually be my first choice for my next trip considering the excellent price and awesome experience I had. Honestly, it just felt more homey than the 'nicer' hotels I stayed in during my trip.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo