“Perfect location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka

You added Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka to your Saves list
Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6-3-17 Akasaka, Minato 107-0052, Tokyo Prefecture (Formerly Chisun Grand Akasaka) (Akasaka / Roppongi)   |
Ranked #17 of 98 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Los Angeles, California
“Perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

If you don't mind staying in a small room, then this is it for you. I like to think that my girlfriend and I both have a high tolerance for a cramped space but we have to admit, the room we had was pretty small. It was hard to maneuver. Also, the restroom's wall was pretty thin *ahem*.

The staff: 4/5 stars
They spoke great English. Super friendly.

The location: 5/5 stars
Akasaka exit 7 is directly across from the hotel. It's super convenient. Exit 6 is on the same block as the hotel but less than a minute walk. Also, there's a 24/7 petitmart right down the street. Totally beat the family mart and 7 eleven that's located next to the hotel.

Overall, I highly recommend the Hotel if you dont mind staying in a small room.

P.S: Please also note that when requesting for more than 1 towel, the staff gets a bit weird. I had a staff member who brought an extra towel to my room and was nosy enough to peek inside my room to see if I had more than 1 person staying with me. While I'm not entirely sure, I think there's extra fees for guests. This would explain the staff's strange behavior.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Firstly I would never forget this hotel because I was rudely awaken at 5am by the recent magnitude 6.0 earthquake in Tokyo. So it was a first experience.

The hotel is visible once you exit the train station. The area is quite calm and quiet as compare to Shinjuku or Shibuya. Finding food around the area is very easy and the convenient store is located just beside the hotel...for those who wish to buy midnight snacks. The hotel has a nice café and also provide vending machines selling instant noodles and drinks at the ground floor.

The room is clean though a bit small. Excellent WIFI connection. And one thing to take note is that the toilet doors are opaque so you see the silhouette of the person inside doing their business.

We wanted to explore the area after out checked out and the hotel was kind enough to let us leaved our bags secured in the lobby. The front desk personnels were very attentive and kind.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Mole Creek, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stayed 7 nights. Excellent location 1 min from Akasaka station (exit6). Genuine non smoking floor, reasonable size room (stayed in Annex) would not suit a couple with lots of luggage but 2 cabin bags and 2 60litre suitcases could all be accomodated off the floor leaving plenty of space. All facilities including m/wave. Serviced daily and all toiletries provided incl combs, shaver, toothbrushes, shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer - only requirement would be your deodorant. On site coin operated laundry.
Bed is on firm side but comfortable.
Plenty of excellent eating places around brekkie from 340 yen, dinner from 780 yen. As in most areas dearest items are coffees 400 yen and cakes. Two shrines within walking distance incl Sanno H-ie.
Only issue is wifi (free) not so good in room, found laundry got best reception.
Overall good place to stay, staff friendly and helpful. Cafe on site.

Room Tip: We stayed in annex 602 quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I decided to tag on 2 nights to a 3 day biz trip so needed to find a cheaper hotel to suit my own budget. Expanded my Tripadvisor search beyond Ginza area and this came up among a couple of others in Akasaka. 1 minute to the C line (Akasaka) and 10-15 mins walk to the G line (Akasaka-mitsuke) pretty much gave me access to everywhere I wanted to get to in Tokyo for sightseeing and shopping. The real bonus was the area between the 2 stations for restaurants, coffee and convenience stores - buzzing on a Friday night. This is a really nice neighbourhood.
Though the room size after my business stay at the Imperial was the equivalent of moving from Old Trafford to a bar football table, it was clean, comfortable, quiet and the reception team were very helpful and spoke good English. Free wifi (fast), a decent shower, Japanese "superloo" and free bottled water with plenty of room in the fridge to store some interim Sapporo. I'd return.

Room Tip: As rooms are small, maybe a better options to go for a twin - even if you are solo - if they have th...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The hotel is located in good area , staff are very helpful and willing to help with everything .
You would expect somewhat more for the price they charge but this is Tokyo we are talking about.
Rooms are very small (Again Tokyo) and hotel charges ¥1000 per hour of we want later check out regardless to availability.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed here for a week and would definitely reccommend! It was my first visit to Japan and I don't speak a lick of Japanese. The room was very clean, although very small compared to what I am use to here in America. :) The overnight staff Ikeda and Nishiyama (I hope I spelled it correctly) were extrememly pleasant and helpful. They helped my travel partner and I get to where we needed to go, and spoke just enough English to do so. Anytime I am in Japan I will definitely be staying here! They also have discount breakfast tickets that can be used for the adjoining cafe which has a killer ham and cheese melt that is awesome!!! Check it out!

Room Tip: definitely make sure that you are securing a two bed room if traveling with others. We made the mist...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed two nights. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was pleasant. The location was great, right next to the subway station. It didn't feel too busy in this area, compared to other places we visited. The price was decent, although we opted not to get the breakfast and chose to go to nearby coffee shops instead. We were able to leave our luggage at the front desk after checking out since we had a late night flight that evening.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Ochanomizu / Akihabara / Kanda
the b akasaka
the b akasaka
#35 of 98 in Minato
4.0 of 5 stars 304 reviews

Been to Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka? Share your experiences!