“Very good value for money considering the bed and location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka

You added Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka to your Saves list
Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6-3-17 Akasaka, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 107-0052, Japan (Formerly Chisun Grand Akasaka)   |
Ranked #24 of 94 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Very good value for money considering the bed and location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

First, I have the hotel 5 stars because I went on the holiday alone. The room (the cheapest one I believe) is only good for 1 person despite having a bed that easily fits 2.

But apart from that, the hotel is amazing. I stayed there for 2 full weeks as I explored Tokyo and chose it because of the large bed, the cheap price, and the 1 minute walk to the Akasaka subway station. If you don't believe what people are saying about the proximity to the station, go on google maps and into street view and look for yourself. It is also very close to a FamilyMart and a 711 (for withdrawing cash). There are plenty of restaurants around, including fast food, and a sort of restaurant complex just up the road.

The room is very nice, I had a view of the street in front but there's not much to see anyway but a nice addition non the less. The bed was a double and was very comfortable. I'm about 5'11 (180cm) and it was just long enough for me to lay straight. The bathroom has everything you need, including heated toilet seat which, I will admit, left me sitting there for 30 minutes at a time. There is a desk with a chair to let you sit and write down stuff or to put your laptop as there are a few power plugs here (2 pronged, no earth). The room is very small but as it is in Tokyo, there could have been a cupboard for storing luggage but ended up keeping everything in my suitcase and hanging up a few things that I didn't want to keep folded.

I can't comment too much on the service as I didn't use it much. They cleaned the room just like you would expect, the internet was still wired when I was there but I didn't mind as it was nice to get away from using my phone for 2 weeks. The internet speed was strange, seemed like it'd start and stop but when it was going, it was very fast. The people at the concierge desk were very friends, seemed to speak enough English to answer any of my basic questions. The check in was amazingly fast, no credit card or money needed to be given as a deposit. The check out was just as fast and they were always happy to see me. They didn't have a safe in my room so I gave them my passport to hold onto.

I hope this helps but may be biased as it was my first trip alone and to Tokyo. I truly believe for the price you're paying, you get an excellent hotel with a great room for 1 (more expensive rooms are bigger) and located very close to transport and food.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed here at the end of Feb for 4 nights and found the hotel really good. The room was standard in Japan I.e. small. We had two medium suitcases with us and only able to open one of them fully. The hotel was easy to get it and a very short walk from exit 6 of the Akasaka station but please note that this exit only opens till 10pm.
The little touches from the hotel were great, free facial masks and massage gel, as well as a very good selection of tea in the lobby. There were also free bottles of water in the fridge, so we didn't have to buy water at all when we were there. They have most of the things that you need in the bathroom provided, shiseido shampoo, conditioner and body wash, as well as hairbrush, toothbrush, body sponge, q-tips etc, so basically I didn't really to bring most of my bathroom necessities.
The area was good with many convenient stores and a few places to eat around but the area was not crowded at all. The hotel was only 10-15 mins walk from the Roppongi area too.
The wifi Internet was excellent and super quick. We stayed in a number of hotels in Japan and this one was one of the best ones we have stayed in, highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Only four stars because the room was so small. Everything else was great so I would recommend this hotel so long as you don't need space. The bed was against the wall and the room was only slightly wider than the bed. I had paid a bit more for a 'grand' room and when I queried the size was told that a 'grand' room just meant a room on a higher floor! We were also beside the lift shaft which was very annoying. The area is lovely - lively but safe.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hotel is very well located, 1 minute from Akasaka tube station. I advise to take exit 6 go up the two escalators. Once you are on the street turn to the left and walk the street. The hotel is just after FamilyMart (24 hour supermarket which I can recommend).

The hotel has just installed wireless internet in the rooms so previous reviews are no longer valid on this point. The rooms are really tiny (but something normal for Tokyo) but comfortable and have everything necessary. The staff is nice - English as everywhere in Japan is a bit of a problem but keep calm and remember that they are really trying to help you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had 2 nights in Tokyo on our way back home, and stayed at the Grand Fresa. Its true, the rooms are very small, and with 2 of us we did find it tricky finding room for 2 suitcases. But for such a short stay it didnt bother us, we were out and about and not spending much time in our room! So the room is clean and comfortable and whilst small, has everything you need. The location is the best feature of the hotel, with numerous bars and restaurants within the immediate area, and roppongi and other places a 5 minute walk away. For a trip when you plan to be out seeing the sights rather than staying in, its a great hotel! Staff at the front desk were also very helpful in giving directions for local sights and how to get to the airport etc.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This has always been one of my Favourite Areas of Tokyo to stay in including this hotel, which used to be Chisun Grand.
The rooms a small, but bathroom is larger then most, bed in comfortable and entrance to metro across the road.
Plenty of place to eat in the area, and a short walk to Midtown and Roppongi.
Give it a try.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

There was not so big room, but enough size for business person like me. Also there were clean, air refresher machine was. There were good amenities. I got face-lotion,face soap from front desk. Location also very good. It was in front of Akasaka station. around hotel, there are a lot of convenience store, restaurants and Izakaya. I really recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka? Share your experiences!