“Will definitely stay here again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka

Save Saved
You added Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka to your Saves list
Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6-3-17 Akasaka, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 107-0052, Japan (Formerly Chisun Grand Akasaka)   |
Ranked #18 of 92 hotels in Minato
Singapore, Singapore
“Will definitely stay here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I visited Tokyo for the 3rd consecutive year in Dec 2012.. this is the first time we stayed at the Grand Fresa. Definitely very easy access from the Akasaka station, Chiyoda line, exit C6 and its just a minute away when you get onto the street level. Take the marunochi line to kokai-gijidomae, and change to akasaka station - found this was the best way (esp with luggage). Hotel room was small as expected, but still very new and well maintained. Staff was attentive, friendly, helpful and efficient. Many restaurants along the road as well. Very nice that they provided 2 bottles of water every day. Overal, we had a lovely stay and will definitely stay at the Grand Fresa again if we come back to Tokyo a 4th time!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed here with my husband and 8 year old for 3 nights in Nov 12. The room they gave had a separate but tiny room for my son small enough to fit his bed, a window, and a tv on the wall. The bathroom was small but adequate. The room was cleaned daily and 3 bottles of water were provided free every day. We did not have the breakfast option but this was not a problem. Also, the checkin was quick, and the hotel kept our luggage after we checked out so we could explore more on the last day.The location is near the subway exit though not many lines cross C6 Akasaka. From Tokyo AP, we took the NEX and got a suica deal too. From tokyo station, we decided to ride the train. On hindsight, it might have been better to just take a cab with all the luggage, since not all stations had elevators. The hotel is near convenience stores, a supermarket, and a starbucks. The neighborhood is pretty decent and quiet and it was a good base to explore Tokyo. If we go to Tokyo with my son, we will stay here again compared to Sunroute in Shinjuku which was teeny tiny.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in May 2012 for 10 days. It was an excellent experience and the only reason it did not earn five stars from me was because there was no wifi in the room. I had to go to the lobby for wifi. Other than that, the staff is friendly, the location is excellent because it is 50 feet away from the Akasaka Metro entrance, and the hotel is very clean. This was my first time in Tokyo and I traveled alone and I had no problems finding this hotel. I took the train from Narita to the Ueno train station, transferred to the metro (Chiyoda line) and got off at exit 5 or 6 at the Akasaka Metro station and the hotel was right there. The city of Akasaka is clean and conveniently located next to Roppongi where all the night life is. You can take the metro to Roppongi or just walk for 20 minutes to Roppongi. From what I could tell, the Akasaka area is a business area, so there are not a lot of tourists which is what I prefer. But you're close enough to the nightlife and once you learn how to use the metro system, you can get anywhere. This hotel is a great value, I paid $86 per night for a 10 night stay and I would definitely stay at this hotel again. I would even pay as much as $100 per night to stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

We booked grand fresa as our second hotel in tokyo within a month. Compared to our previous hotel close to shinjuku the rooms were tiny, bed comfortble and the location average
The room had only wired internet so you cant use your tablet or smartphone in the room and the speed of network was far from high-speed
Area is nice and cosy. Lots of good restaurants within walking distamce. There are 3 different metro starions next to hotel, best being aksaka-mitsuke that we used the most as it goes to most tourist places

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is a great hotel in a quiet street in Akasaka. Rooms are small, but clean and nice. Metrostation nearby, and easy connected to some of the main stations of Tokyo, where you can change lines and easily travel to the rest of Tokyo.The area is quiet at nighttime, but you can easily walking to Roppongi and several other areas where there's party party.
A lot of restaurants and some shopping just around the corner. Wifi in the lobby where really good, and the next door cafe had nice breakfast. Not too expensive to be Tokyo, and a perfect place to start the holidays.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights while being a tourist in Tokyo.

Very well located in Akasaka, really one minute from the Metro and walking distance from Roppongi (good if you're out partying till late when the Metro is closed) and from lots of tourist attractions. The hotel seems popular with Japanese businessmen and foreigners as well.

I stayed in a single and yes the room is on the small side, but the space is well organized and very functional, so it really felt comfortable.

I arrived late at night, and was given a room that to me smelled like smoke. The night receptionist did not agree with that it smelled smoke, but I was given another room nevertheless. Great service!

Breakfast was not included in the low rate i was paying, but you can buy it as an extra from the hotel or you could just have it at one of the many places around.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We arrived at the Grand Fresa after a fairly long trip inside Japan. The room was ready early and they upgraded us. I can't praise this place enough. We obviously had a massive room, the suite we were given actually had two rooms! I originally booked a superior room, as I was concerned the basic rooms would be too small. I didn't see any of those rooms, so I'd recommend doing this.

The staff are great and helped us with 2 phone calls that required local knowledge. Free Wifi in the Hotel Lobby and loads of convenience stores around for Breakfast. We were exhausted and this Hotel provided the perfect remedy. It's in a fairly quiet location and is next to Akasaka station.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka? Share your experiences!