“Great value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka

Save Saved
You added Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka to your Saves list
Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6-3-17 Akasaka, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 107-0052, Japan (Formerly Chisun Grand Akasaka)   |
Ranked #18 of 93 hotels in Minato
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights while being a tourist in Tokyo.

Very well located in Akasaka, really one minute from the Metro and walking distance from Roppongi (good if you're out partying till late when the Metro is closed) and from lots of tourist attractions. The hotel seems popular with Japanese businessmen and foreigners as well.

I stayed in a single and yes the room is on the small side, but the space is well organized and very functional, so it really felt comfortable.

I arrived late at night, and was given a room that to me smelled like smoke. The night receptionist did not agree with that it smelled smoke, but I was given another room nevertheless. Great service!

Breakfast was not included in the low rate i was paying, but you can buy it as an extra from the hotel or you could just have it at one of the many places around.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We arrived at the Grand Fresa after a fairly long trip inside Japan. The room was ready early and they upgraded us. I can't praise this place enough. We obviously had a massive room, the suite we were given actually had two rooms! I originally booked a superior room, as I was concerned the basic rooms would be too small. I didn't see any of those rooms, so I'd recommend doing this.

The staff are great and helped us with 2 phone calls that required local knowledge. Free Wifi in the Hotel Lobby and loads of convenience stores around for Breakfast. We were exhausted and this Hotel provided the perfect remedy. It's in a fairly quiet location and is next to Akasaka station.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

hotel only 2 minutes walk to subway, very convenient for getting around!
room was small for oz standard but clean & functional. only got one bedside table as the bed is pushed against the wall due to space!
loved the selection of tea that was provided!
got a few food outlets nearby & macdonnalds, loved the little japanese food shop where you had to insert coins to order a meal!
nice street appeal, quiet & safe.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Since I wanted to be in central Tokyo and near my office, I stayed at this property last year and was very happy with my stay. Yes rooms are small but then that is to be expected, in this land of limited space. The room is thoughtfully laid out, with a frig and fully equipped bathroom. Even for just one person, there are 2 thick bathrobes and slippers which is a very nice touch (used items are replenished daily). Please note the toilet seat is heated! It is a quiet neighborhood but there are plenty of places to eat or shop. Hotel is directly across the street from the #7 entrance to the subway which is very handy. Be forewarned though that entrance isn't always open, so turn right and walk to the #6 entrance which is open 24 hr. Coming in from Narita, it isn't necessary to taxi anywhere. Just jump on the express train from Narita into Tokyo Station ($36), then switch over to the subway. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel for cleanliness, service and location.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a great little hotel in a lively and vibrant neighbourhood of Tokyo. The hotel is relatively new, completed in Dec 2011. The rooms does look exactly like the pictures. It is small but enough space for medium size luggages. The room colour is vibrant but relaxing and it is very very quiet. I had a great night sleep.

There is a fridge, kettle, cable LCD TV, ioniser, free internet via LAN cable, and free wifi is available at the lobby. The bathroom is small and unlike alot of places is not the standard TOTO units but comes equipped with a full size bathtub/shower. There are two computers with a printer at the lobby area, printing was 100 yen a page, very handy for us.

Service is great as the receptionist and staff are very attentive. I like this hotel for their little personalised touches like free expresso coffee in the lobby area, a selection of bath salts in the lobby for your bath, facial masks for each night that I was there.

Location wise, it is located almost next to Akasaka station (exit 6). There are a number of convenience stores and two supermarkets nearby. There are a few coffee joints (cafe next door, starbucks etc) around the corner. A multitude of restaurants (multicultural), fastfood joints and bars are a footstep away . There is even a jazz bar two doors down from the hotel. There is no shopping area here and the closest mall is in Roppongi. However, the Akasaka line is convenient to get to Harajuku, Shibuya, Tsikiji, Ueno, Roppongi area and not too far for Shinjuku. We bought the daily metro pass (710 yen) and got around easily.

However, we did found it a tad troublesome (alot of changes in the subway) to get to Haneda airport especially with luggages on the metro/JR. We had an early morning flight and the airport limousine bus is simply not as frequent as shinjuku area, plus the hotel is not one of the dropoff/pickup point.

However, aside from that minor inconvenience I would definitely recommend Fresa Hotel in a heartbeat, especially if you are looking to experience a great little hotel in a different and less touristy side of Tokyo.

Room Tip: request for high floor room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Hotel is practically next to the Akasaka exit. At this point of time it is still brand new. Rooms were tastefully furnished and complete with basic ammenities PLUS a trouser presser and plasma ionizer!! Added touches were they gave my wife a facial mask for each day of our stay, fragranced bath salts are self service at the lobby and free flow cofee from an expresso machine from 3pm to midnite.
Staff were extremely helpful and conversant in English. Like most hotels in Japan, size is compact but adequate.
Definitely recommend this hotel for its classy touches, good location and great value

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Upon arrival the front desk agents were all very kind and spoke English (broken but still fairly good). They did charge us for having two people though we had thought we put in the reservation we had two, so that was a little bit of a fee. They let us check in two hours early without any mention of it, it was a Friday too! It was quick and prompt, thankfully, an after traveling for 14 hours I couldn't wait for a nap!
The room- will say, the pictures make them look slightly bigger than reality, however small rooms are everywhere in Tokyo. It was still very manageable for two people and a good amount of luggage! The bathrobes and slippers were super convenient as well as the two free water bottles a day!! All tv channels were in Japanese not sure what I was expecting but it made for a quieter time in the room. AC nice with the humidity as crazy as it was. No traffic noises from below and I was only third floor.
The bed- Hands down the comfiest bed I've ever slept in in my life! I didn't want to leave Tokyo for many reasons but this bed... I wish I could have taken it home! The pillows, comforter, and mattress feel like heaven!!! Especially after a long day out or a rough night in shinjuku!
Bathroom- small but modern and sheek. Toilet equipped with bidet, etc. be warned: don't press the wrong button!

Location: you cannot beat this location, literally, so convenient!! You have three liquor stores in a minute walking distance (2 family marts, 1 seven eleven) and a McDonald's on the corner! Many restaurants line the street as well. You are literally 50 feet, a minute walk to the akasaka station, and from there you can be across Tokyo in about 15 minutes or less! The train is the way to go when here!! Also about a 10 minute lovely walk to roppongi! ((SIDE WARNING: BE VERY SELECTIVE TO WHICH BARS YOU WALK INTO THERE! DO NOT GO INTO ANY NOT ON GROUND LEVEL OR WHERE SOMEONE IS HASSALING YOU TO GO INTO)) We walked through the park at night it was beautiful. Taking a taxi we did have to pull the address up on our phone the taxi driver didn't know where it was or maybe he just didn't understand us.

Things nearby: roppongi, ninja! Themed restaurant (amazing food and atmosphere, 10 minute walk), train takes you everywhere around! You can be in shibuya or shinjuku in about 10 minutes taking two trains, or ueno or tsukiji in about 20 via train. I didn't get a JR rail pass, not sure if it would have paid for itself. I was there for 5 days, and paid the 160 yen for each train, used probably 20 different lines total my whole trip. Tokyo and akasaka seemed very safe to me, I walked alone once or twice but was mostly with my male American friend there, and never once did we feel uncomfortable except in roppongi by one of the Nigerians trying to get us in the bar. People are all very friendly and smile at you!

Definitely stay here for location, bed, and the value!!! I'll be returning next year with my girl friend and we will be staying here! Arigatou gozaimasu chisun grand fresa!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka? Share your experiences!