My husband, my 5yr-old and I stayed in this quiet hotel at the end of July 2012/start Aug 2012. It is a clean and comfortable hotel with abundance supply of toiletries (from body wash to shampoo/conditioner & toothpaste/toothbrush). The pressure on my shower was excellent! The hotel's vicinity is perfect for a stroll to and fro the metro station and nearby eateries. We particularly liked 'Ootoya' (near the metro station). They have excellent Japanese food (i.e. udon soup, all sorts of tempura and various rice toppings! yum!). Open 24hrs and reasonably priced - we were there everyday, eating before embarking on our sight seeing to other district :) . There are nearby convenience stores like 7-eleven if one would take the back street and Lawson & Starbucks coffee shop on the same street. We took the airport limousine and dropped us off from the nearby hotel (forgot the name) @ Tokyu Plaza which is located at the other end of the metro station (across the street about 10 minute walk to Hotel Monterey - not a bad walk). Helpful front desk staff although stoic and limited English (not major flaw). Bottom line, we had a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel recreates the style of a London townhouse, combining classical elegance with modern practicality, ensuring the building blends in well with the plush surroundings of Aoyama-dori. In addition, the stylish grey and white facade, mixed with soft tones of limestone, provide a splendid contrast to the greenery around Akasaka. Meanwhile, the central location means that for business and leisure travellers alike, it is extremely convenient for access to the major hubs of Shibuya, Shinjuku and Tokyo Station. Please come and enjoy a relaxing and leisurely stay in the midst of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Fastbooking, Odigeo, JAPANiCAN, Otel, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Rakuten so you can book your Hotel Monterey Akasaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Akasaka Minato
- Monterey Akasaka Hotel Minato
- Hotel Monterey Akasaka Tokyo, Japan