We arrived via the subway (having come in from Kyoto) and walked from the Roppongi station. We found the Ritz Carlton cafe easy enough. The entrance to the hotel is through a bit of a maze, though well signed. On this main level there was no one to great us or take our bags (this happens on the lower level with car arrivals) and no one to direct us to the check in area when we got to the lobby level. Check in was professional, if uneventful. Still no one asked to help us with our bags. We pack light, we can handle our bags, but it seemed such a simple miss for the Ritz Carlton to make...
The room was large, much larger than our room at the Park Hyatt or in Kyoto. The bathroom was so large it almost seemed silly, but I won't complain about that.
The Ritz does little touches well. We were looking at the menu of the steakhouse, and they offered to give us a tour of the restaurants (which are truly lovely with amazing views of Tokyo Tower). We had drinks in the bar each night and the staff remembered us and our preferences. I realize it's Japan, but I was surprised that smoking was allowed in parts of the bar.... that is a bit disappointing, but they managed to seat us far away from the smokers. If you can, make your way to the back of the bar (to the left upon entering) there a few tables tucked away with lovely views.
Overall this hotel felt more appropriate for high end business folks than us on holiday, but outside of the arrival everything was of a very high standard. The location in Rappongi strikes me as better for business folks as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As guests alight from the elevator that takes them to the 45th floor of Tokyo's tallest building, they are greeted by a magnificent sky lobby that epitomizes one of the premier luxury hotels in this cosmopolitan city - The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo. Occupying the top nine floors and the first three levels of the 53-story Midtown Tower, this five-star luxury hotel is located in the Roppongi District, which transfixes visitors with both its vibrant night life and centuries-old attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Marriott, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, JAPANiCAN, Despegar.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Ritz Carlton Minato
- Ritz Tokyo
- Minato Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo Japan