“Huge rooms with a view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo

You added The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9-7-1 Akasaka, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 107-6245, Japan   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Holiday Season Package
Ranked #8 of 94 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Singapore
“Huge rooms with a view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Everything about the hotel is luxurious, never mind the polished fixtures and fittings and fine fabrics, the sheer amount of space you are surrounded by is the most luxurious aspect of all. It's location in Midtown is very convenient for business across Tokyo, and the shopping centre and small adjoining park provide enough amusement for the business traveller with some spare time. The sushi bar in the hotel is excellent, it was mostly filled with Japanese guests which is a testament to its quality; the price was high but not outrageous, compared with other top-notch sushi restaurants in Tokyo. Like the room sizes and views, the room rates are stratospheric and only for the very well heeled (or us mere mortals on business), plus they are very firm about charging for a late checkout which was an unpleasant surprise to a Ritz-Carlton member. The latter is the reason I am reducing 'excellent' to 'very good'.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Markham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I LOOOOOOOOOVED staying at the Ritz Tokyo when I went here in February. It was the best hotel I have ever stayed and the staff was extremely accommodating, friendly and even went out of their way to make our stay extra special. The moment we checked in, the concierge asked if we would like to upgrade our suit to a large romantic suit for only $40. We totally took this offer. Our room was amazing with a crazy view of the entire Tokyo City. We also enjoyed High Tea at the lobby lounge where the staff didn't even have to ask if we wanted a window seat. They automatically situated us right by a huge window and consistantly poured our tea as soon as our cups were empty. Now thats excellent service. Lastly, our concierge every morning greeted us and remembered our names by the 2nd day. The moment we stepped out of the elevator they knew our names. On our last day in this hotel, we had trouble arranging our train and pickup in Hakkone so our concierge took care of everything, arranged our transportation and even booked a special pick-up by a taxi holding our names as we arrived in Hakkone. I 100% recommend The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo. You will NOT be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton as part of a business trip to attend a conference in Tokyo. The Ritz was as expected a great property and provided excellent service.

For the duration of my stay I received the excellent service that you'd desire from the Ritz. Though I was out working most of the day it was a treat to come back to my room at night - primarily because it had such a great view of the Mori Towers. Looking out at the Tokyo Skyline at night from the 47th storey made me feel oddly peaceful and also as if I was living in the age of Jetsons! The rooms had huge windows on one wall which added to the beauty of the view.

The hotel is housed in a huge complex that has a subway station attached and also a big shopping complex to one side which is convenient if you don't have a lot of time on your hands to shop.

Also Roppongi is one area of Tokyo that was pretty alive at night so when I stepped out to buy potato chips at 12AM I was surrounded by office goers emerging and going into bars. Also side note - before visiting Tokyo during my research online I was led to believe that Roppongi is not a very safe area - however when I stepped out alone at midnight to visit the convenience store and just take a walk down the main road, I was pleasantly surprised. While I did get my share of being street hawked by waiters and restaurant service women to come and eat at their hotel - I didn't find any of it unpleasant or something I couldn't handle.

Room Tip: Choose a room as high up in the tower as you can get, the view will be amazing! DO shut the blinds b...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Brussel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Best Tokyo hotel with unbelievable views of Tokyo city.
A modern development with shops and restaurants. I can't imagine a better more attentive service. Perfectly clean, nice atmosphere and friendly stuff

Room Tip: Rooms in higher floor for great view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Tamuning, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband, Daughter and I spent our Thanksgiving holiday at this wonderful hotel. The service was impeccable. We upgraded to the "Club Level" and it was well worth the additional cost. The lounge offered us a continental breakfast every morning, in addition they had a lunch, afternoon tea, evening Hor'devours with spirits and an finally a sweet offering after 8 PM. also with spirits. The room was large and roomy for all of us to stay in. The spa was unbelievable, I had a wonderful treatment and massage that was so relaxing. The only negative thing I can say about this experience was when I went to the pool are to soak in the Jacuzzi with my husband after a long day of walking they made me put a bandage type cover over a very small dragon fly tattoo I have at the base of the back of my neck. Since I am allergic to latex and the material was like that of a large latex bandaid this put a big damper on my relaxation. I was told this was some kind of cultural thing. Not sure what but I will remember this for any future visits.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Deluxe Club level
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

You can may be have similar luxury rooms in other hotels in Tokyo, but the Ritz Carlton offers by far the best view. We stayed in room 4911 on the 49th floor in a 80qm suite and could see both towers the old one and the Skytree. Really nothing to complain about. The gym is great, fitted with modern equipment and from there you have also a breathtaking view. The hotel is located in a busy area, especially at night as there are all the nightclubs, bars and fancy restaurants. We liked it a lot!

Room Tip: 4911! breathtaking view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Maui, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Best Tokyo hotel with unbelieveable views of Tokyo city. Very expensive but worth every yen. Staff goes out of their way to please you. Can't wait for my next visit. Would definitely stay here again! Part of massive Midtown Tower project. Don't have to expose yourself to the elements to visit offices there. Galleria Shopping right there at Midtown also. Great shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for view of Tokyo Tower. Unbelieveable at night!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo? Share your experiences!