“BEST HIGH-END HOTEL SERVICE during my stay! *Two Thumbs Up*” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9-7-1 Akasaka, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 107-6245, Japan   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$50 Resort Credit & More
Ranked #7 of 93 hotels in Minato
Markham, Canada
“BEST HIGH-END HOTEL SERVICE during my stay! *Two Thumbs Up*”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I LOOOOOOOOOVED staying at the Ritz Tokyo when I went here in February. It was the best hotel I have ever stayed and the staff was extremely accommodating, friendly and even went out of their way to make our stay extra special. The moment we checked in, the concierge asked if we would like to upgrade our suit to a large romantic suit for only $40. We totally took this offer. Our room was amazing with a crazy view of the entire Tokyo City. We also enjoyed High Tea at the lobby lounge where the staff didn't even have to ask if we wanted a window seat. They automatically situated us right by a huge window and consistantly poured our tea as soon as our cups were empty. Now thats excellent service. Lastly, our concierge every morning greeted us and remembered our names by the 2nd day. The moment we stepped out of the elevator they knew our names. On our last day in this hotel, we had trouble arranging our train and pickup in Hakkone so our concierge took care of everything, arranged our transportation and even booked a special pick-up by a taxi holding our names as we arrived in Hakkone. I 100% recommend The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo. You will NOT be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

555 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton as part of a business trip to attend a conference in Tokyo. The Ritz was as expected a great property and provided excellent service.

For the duration of my stay I received the excellent service that you'd desire from the Ritz. Though I was out working most of the day it was a treat to come back to my room at night - primarily because it had such a great view of the Mori Towers. Looking out at the Tokyo Skyline at night from the 47th storey made me feel oddly peaceful and also as if I was living in the age of Jetsons! The rooms had huge windows on one wall which added to the beauty of the view.

The hotel is housed in a huge complex that has a subway station attached and also a big shopping complex to one side which is convenient if you don't have a lot of time on your hands to shop.

Also Roppongi is one area of Tokyo that was pretty alive at night so when I stepped out to buy potato chips at 12AM I was surrounded by office goers emerging and going into bars. Also side note - before visiting Tokyo during my research online I was led to believe that Roppongi is not a very safe area - however when I stepped out alone at midnight to visit the convenience store and just take a walk down the main road, I was pleasantly surprised. While I did get my share of being street hawked by waiters and restaurant service women to come and eat at their hotel - I didn't find any of it unpleasant or something I couldn't handle.

Room Tip: Choose a room as high up in the tower as you can get, the view will be amazing! DO shut the blinds b...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Brussel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Best Tokyo hotel with unbelievable views of Tokyo city.
A modern development with shops and restaurants. I can't imagine a better more attentive service. Perfectly clean, nice atmosphere and friendly stuff

Room Tip: Rooms in higher floor for great view
Tamuning, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband, Daughter and I spent our Thanksgiving holiday at this wonderful hotel. The service was impeccable. We upgraded to the "Club Level" and it was well worth the additional cost. The lounge offered us a continental breakfast every morning, in addition they had a lunch, afternoon tea, evening Hor'devours with spirits and an finally a sweet offering after 8 PM. also with spirits. The room was large and roomy for all of us to stay in. The spa was unbelievable, I had a wonderful treatment and massage that was so relaxing. The only negative thing I can say about this experience was when I went to the pool are to soak in the Jacuzzi with my husband after a long day of walking they made me put a bandage type cover over a very small dragon fly tattoo I have at the base of the back of my neck. Since I am allergic to latex and the material was like that of a large latex bandaid this put a big damper on my relaxation. I was told this was some kind of cultural thing. Not sure what but I will remember this for any future visits.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Deluxe Club level
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

You can may be have similar luxury rooms in other hotels in Tokyo, but the Ritz Carlton offers by far the best view. We stayed in room 4911 on the 49th floor in a 80qm suite and could see both towers the old one and the Skytree. Really nothing to complain about. The gym is great, fitted with modern equipment and from there you have also a breathtaking view. The hotel is located in a busy area, especially at night as there are all the nightclubs, bars and fancy restaurants. We liked it a lot!

Room Tip: 4911! breathtaking view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Maui, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Best Tokyo hotel with unbelieveable views of Tokyo city. Very expensive but worth every yen. Staff goes out of their way to please you. Can't wait for my next visit. Would definitely stay here again! Part of massive Midtown Tower project. Don't have to expose yourself to the elements to visit offices there. Galleria Shopping right there at Midtown also. Great shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for view of Tokyo Tower. Unbelieveable at night!
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Funny a great hotel like this can be unfamiliar with some cabby drivers in Tokyo. The driver first thought we were going to Ritz Hotel, which does exist somewhere in Tokyo. Should had known how to pronounce Ritz Carlton in Japanese.
The hotel is a perfection from the moment you step into the GF lobby. Best of all, all staff members speak good English, and the bellhop even offer to file a complaint on my behalf for the not-so-smooth taxi ride. I just didn't want to take that so personally, but 1+ for the attentiveness of the staff.
The hotel is also on the upper floors of a commercial complex, just like the Strings Intercontinental I stayed and loved last month. The lobby is on the 45F, and the elevator is so fast that you can feel it ascending and descending with your eardrums... The lobby itself is gorgeous, so is every small details.
The check-in process took longer, but I expected already. It is the fault of the reservation system of Marriott.com, that I had to have four different reservations for two rooms for 4 nights (the last 3 were added to the first night, but the hotel was so busy that choosing "modify" gave me weird results, so I had to just put down different reservations), and they were busy attaching them together, and made sure that we didn't have to check-in and check-out. Big thanks!
The room is so huge in Tokyo standard. It is twice the footage of the Corner room I stayed in Intercontinental in Shinagawa (hence the price being almost doubled). This is only the Deluxe Room (lowest I think), who knows what the larger ones look like... There was no single item in the room not functioning correctly, and everything was just flawless.
The Nov 23rd weekend was a national holiday in Japan, so the breakfast during the weekend was quite popular. We had to wait during the weekend to get seated in the restaurant serving breakfast. Not a problem, since the breakfast was so good and the choices were the most adequate among ones offered among all the top hotels and resorts I've stayed in.
Although I had my Ritz Carlton credit card long ago, I didn't use RC that often is just because of the value associated. The service and the quality of room is outstanding of course, but the price is really beyond what leisure travelers would like to spend. Moreover, RC being a super 5-star means that it doesn't recognize elite membership as to-the-edge as other Marriott brands. I can be upgraded to a club level in Renaissance just for being a gold member, but club level is excluded from the upgrade of RC (which is totally understandable since club level in RC is way better than just having the title, so there is a cost issue). However, it's hard not to choose something that is also a famous international chain, gives good upgrade to elite members, costs a lot lower, and sits in good spots of the town as well, when paying with your own money.
All in all, it is a fabulous hotel, and it was actually fully-occupied for the Nov 23rd weekend.

Room Tip: Tower Deluxe and regular Deluxe are no different IMO. Seeing Tokyo tower from your window is not tha...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo? Share your experiences!