“Simply fabulous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9-7-1 Akasaka, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 107-6245, Japan   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$50 Resort Credit & More
Ranked #7 of 93 hotels in Minato
Milwaukee, WI
“Simply fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Fabulous hotel and staff and rooms and everything. I worked with the concierge desk via email to arrange restaurant reservations and a tour guide. The concierges were super easy to work with and their recommendations were even better. Highly, highly recommended. Well worth the money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

615 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo is located on top of the Tokyo Midtown, a modern development with shops and restaurants. The lobby is at the 45th floor, which was confusing to get to. Once I get to the room, it was amazing. The view was beautiful, and the room was very spacious. I was surprise to see such ample room in Tokyo. During my stay in the summer, I saw 2-3 fireworks going off at the same time from my room. The large size swimming pool was kept at a comfortable temperature. The service was amazing. The staff here is very nice. Lovely experience overall.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel has a lot to offer. I was traveling with work and had a relatively good corporate rate on the room (35,000 yen, almost $400USD). It included free internet and a couple of other amenities.

I totally agree with most of the other reviewers - great location, good staff, quiet room, very spacious and comfortable,amazing views from room, restaurants and gym/spa, lots and lots to like.

It's hard to get over the cost of restaurant food here. My breakfast buffet was something like 4500 yen for a buffet after they added a service charge. I got room service once - Japanese beef curry. It was tasty and the service was good, but for 2800 yen with service fee there were about 5 small pieces of beef to go with the big bowl of rice. Of course it's a Ritz Carlton so you expect outlandish prices for everything but until I get an unlimited expense budget it costs a star.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

It really can't get better than this. I traveled here for business and because everything is so expensive in Japan, this hotel is actually in my hotel cap *gasp*.

Awesome factor #1: They care about YOU. I checked in at 12:00am after 15 hours of flying and as soon as I walked up to the front desk, they greeted me by name. What?? Do I have a name tag or something? How did they know it was me? Oh--they actually USE your flight information to anticipate when you'll check in. That's a first. Any time I've provided flight information, it's usually unnoticed by the front desk.

Awesome factor #2: "Ms. sfstef. It turns out that we're out of the room that you requested, so we've upgraded you to a club level suite. You won't get access to the club, but you get to enjoy all the other room services, including housekeeping twice a day for clean up and turn down." And the incredibly beautiful view of Roppongi Hills and Tokyo from the 52nd Floor of our building.

Awesome factor #3: Perfect English 24/7. In Japan, that can be hard... but at a cosmopolitan hotel like the Ritz, it's the norm.

I really can't thank this hotel for Wowing me with the experience I had. Not to even mention the perfect location for expats (Tokyo Midtown and Roppongi are high end, businessey, but not overly crowded like Shibuya or Shinjuku. They also don't draw the masses at any point in time... weekday nights are actually pretty calm)

I would stay here all the time if I could afford it. But alas, these experiences are reserved for when I'm feeling extra special (or if I can afford 45000 yen a night). :)

By the way--the rooms are spotless. Literally spotless. Not a leftover hair from another person, and not a speck of anything questionable on any surface (viewable to the naked eye). Plenty of pics attached!

Room Tip: All the floors are high (Ritz starts at the 45th floor), so you're spared from all the noise and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Rtiz Carlton Tokyo located in the top most towers of one of the tallest towers in Tokyo is a beautiful hotel with excellent rooms. Stayed there for 6 nights and enjoyed every bit of it. Situated in the happening Roppongi, the hotel is well connected with all modes of transport. It is also well connected with the airport with an airport shuttle operating from here. The rooms are beautiful with a wonderful view of Tokyo. The space is extremely luxurious by Tokyo standards. The bathrooms are one of the best designed bathrooms I have seen in any hotel. The service is also excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anybody planning a stay in Tokyo

Room Tip: Since the hotel starts only from 45th floor onwards to I think the 51st floor, all the rooms have a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

It was a business trip but since my Husband is on him Vacation leave, he decided to join me with our 3 years old daughter. It was such a great hotel and I high recommend everyone to stay here if you are traveling to Tokyo.
The lobby is located in the 45th floor, and as it is so high up, we were impress with the beautiful view of Toyko. Check in was efficient. We booked a club room which was located in the 53rd floor. Our room had a stunning view of tokyo and we even see Mount Fuji form our window! Room is spacious and very very clean. And the Club lounge was so good. We just keep going to the club lounge coz the food there is so good especially the High tea and Pre-dinner snack. If you like Roppongi area, then you will like the location as it is just on top of Mid-town. I usually stayed at the Conrad but compare to Ritz, I think Ritz is better, people are nicer and the hotel is more homey and welcoming.

Room Tip: Definitely need to book a club floor! You may pay a little extra but is well worth!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Misawa Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Tokyo for two nights and as previous reviews go I have no complaints. It is kind of a hassle having the lobby on the 45th floor then switching to another elevator to get to your room but this is certainly customary with high-end hotels in Tokyo in order to get a great view from your room. In terms of modern decoration I wouldn't say it beats Conrad Tokyo but in regards to location it does. The hotel is within walking distance of Roppongi station so theres no cab needed for that part. Roppongi Hills, Midtown Tokyo, restaurants, shops, nightlife, entertainment, etc. are all within walking distance as Roppongi is in the heart of Tokyo. Clearly this hotel is marketed towards the upper class and business but for your average Joe like myself sometimes its good to splurge and treat yourself especially if it's for a special occasion. As a tip, typically you're going to want to put your 'nice clothes on' when staying at high-end hotels as the majority of folks in or around the hotel will be there on business wearing suites. And it's not a big deal I suppose on how you dress if you're just there for vacation but it can get awkward if you find yourself in a restaurant/lobby/shop/etc and you're the only guy wearing a t-shirt and jeans, in my opinion. Free wifi is excellent and fast. In regards to the TV they could really do more to put more of a variety of channels for foreigners or english speakers. Theres 17 'internation channels', 5 of them are just different news channels, 2 of them are the exact same channel, 3 are channels that are still in Japanese, etc. So in that aspect I would like to see more variety, sometimes you'll find yourself in your room with nothing to watch. For breakfast I had waffles and french toast and while it wasn't the healthiest of choices the table tray and condiments it was presented on was pretty impressive, I'll definitely be ordering breakfast again at my next stay. Bathtub in my room was nice but they really need some bubble bath there, I even called services and they said to use shower gel and that it would make bubbles. Well If people are going to pay top dollar for this hotel I think supplying or atleast stocking some bubble bath for the bathtub isn't too much to ask. I wish these types of hotels had a power outlet by the bed so you could charge and browse the internet on your phone while laying down, a tad bit annoying how most hotels don't have it. But clearly those are minor nitpicks, overall I enjoyed my stay there and the location makes it hard to beat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo? Share your experiences!