Our usual corporate digs were booked out, so I holed up in the APA Hotel Shimbashi on my last visit to to Tokyo. It's a basic business hotel with no frills.
WHAT YOU'LL LIKE:
- Well connected, location-wise. It's a 5-minute walk from multiple train stations (Mita, Shimbashi)
- Walking distance to multiple Izakayas, cafes and convenience stores.
- Modern amenities
- Everything's quite new - it doesn't have that slightly antiquated feel that other aging hotels tend to have.
- Great (free) wifi
- Quiet rooms, well appointed bathrooms.
- Extremely efficient housekeeping.
- Courteous and helpful staff will provide directions to wherever you want to go, but not all of them speak English.
WHAT YOU WON'T LIKE:
- Tiny, TINY Rooms, even by Tokyo standards.
- No cupboard space to hang anything.
- Nothing in the minibar.
- I'm 5'10.5" and my feet stuck out from the foot of the bed when I was sleeping. If you're taller, I'd seriously recommend another hotel unless you sleep fetal.
If you're going to be out of the hotel (like I was) all day and you're only coming back at night to sleep then it fits the bill. It's a basic business hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HRS, Agoda, Odigeo, Rakuten and Priceline so you can book your APA Hotel Shimbashi-Toranomon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- APA Hotel Shimbashi-Toranomon Tokyo, Japan