“EXCELLENCE is not even good enough to describe this Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Prince Park Tower Tokyo

Save Saved
You added The Prince Park Tower Tokyo to your Saves list
The Prince Park Tower Tokyo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4-8-1 Shibakoen, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 105-8563, Japan   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 93 hotels in Minato
Galveston, Texas
“EXCELLENCE is not even good enough to describe this Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

Also I am not even sure if Hotel is a correct way to describe this place. I felt like I was a Princess living in my Palace. The only negative if anything is just that it is hard to move around from the hotel to other attractioins. We have to get a bus from the hotel convenient but doesnt leave as often as we would have liked and we never figured out how to get the bus from the station back to the hotel so we had to get a taxi back. So the location was a tad inconvenient in getting to the station (it is a long walk trust me) and getting to attractions, however the neighboring area is pretty and the park downstairs next to the temple is very awesome. The tour buses to get to tour things do stop there it is a major hotel so that is very convenient.

The restaurants are great, the food is great (the Chinese restaurant is just awesome (expensive but the food is still in my mind after all these months. We still talk about it.)). The spa was amazing and considerably cheap!

I just love this place so much.

• Stayed May 2009

992 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
lLondon, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

We stayed here for a week and used it as our base for exploring Tokyo. It is a little way out of the centre, but this as as much an advantage as a disadvantage. Within the hotel there wasn't anything we could fault. I recommend paying the extra for the Superior rooms on the top floors. The rooms are excellent, roomy and well equipped and the extras are fantastic -including free champagne in the room, free afternoon tea and drinks in the special lounge on the 32nd floor with brilliant views of the Tokyo Tower and across Tokyo, free and good internet access and free use of the spa and the 10 pin bowling in the basement. All the staff were very helpful and courteous. Despite the size the hotel feels welcoming and is well maintained, giving the impression of newness. I wish that all the hotels I stayed in were like this.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
North Bergen, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

Premise: I work for an airline and travel quite a bit. I have stayed in all classes of hotels. I stayed at this hotel because I got an industry travel package

This hotel is located in Minato-ku but not in the center. The entrance is nice and the staff is very courteous There is a language barrier even with those that do speak English.

The breakfast was not great but the view was wonderful and again the service is great. We only tried the American one. The coffee is really good.

The room is 3.5* and the hotel is dated but nice enough. The bathroom is fine, toiletries are very generic--no lotion so make sure to bring. Bed is comfortable enough.

I got a massage in the room and it was awful. I got another in Le Temps on the lower level and it was wonderful. We did not check out the spa, but you have to pay to use it. Yes, I have had massages all over Asia and am familiar with the difference styles.

There is no wifi available, not even in the lobby. But there is a business center right behind the concierge desk--250 yen for 15 minutes.

My issues with the hotel were the location and the difficulties presented by the language barrier-- it was hard to find restaurants and our way around. For example, the 1st night we arrived we asked the concierge where we should go to eat, drink, etc. Mind you, it was raining outside. They sent us to Daimon crossing, on foot, which I later realized is the Minato central area. This is all outside and all the signs are in Japanese. We wandered around for quite awhile, jetlagged, at night, in the rain trying to find a restaurant. I personally love a good adventure and this was ok at the time--not ideal but when in Rome (or Tokyo)... But another day, we went to Roppongi which is just 2 stops over on the train and there is a mall there, indoors, with a lot of trendy restaurants and bars with English translations more available...(if you're not familiar with Asia... it is normal for the good restaurants to be located on the upper floor of malls and the lower floors) why didn't they send us there?? I think it's because they were probably too limited by the language and so did not attempt to tell us to take the train to Roppongi. That would have definitely changed the entire experience for us... because after that 1st night my friend was very intimidated by the restaurant situation and it made things difficult.

They never even told us where the metro station is. We discovered it on our own. They sent us to a JR Line train station which is further from the hotel (not by much but still after walking around all day...) and has less accessibility to the metro lines.

So, if you're staying here. When you exit the hotel turn right and go to the intersection. The Akabanashi metro stop is diagonally to your left underneath the overpass. From there you can go to Roppongi, 2 stops or Diamon, 2 stops or connect to other places.

There are no restaurants in the immediate vicinity of the hotel, you have to travel. If you're trying to decide where to stay. I would say that Roppongi is a very nice area and the Hilton looks fabulous. Or in Ginza, there is a Peninsula, the Imperial, and a few others I forget the names of. Ginza is like 5th avenue and very nice--and right next to the imperial gardens.

Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

Like other reviewers I was upgraded when I checked in after arriving late from the airport. I was given a room on the 27th floor on one of the superior floors which I could access through a separate lift. I was so stunned when I saw the room that I was left speechless. There was a huge window from one end of the room to the other that had a spectacular view across Tokyo city. After the view, then I noticed the room - the bed was big enough to comfortably sleep 6 people. There was a living area, kitchenette with kettle and Nespresso machine, separate toilet (with all the usual buttons, and a warm seat), and jacuzzi bath in a large bathroom with a full set of toiletries. Wow.

The hotel is in a non touristy location, which I liked, but within 5 mins of two tube stations - Akanabashi and Shiba-Koen, both on Toie subway lines. A previous reviewer said that the nearest station was a 10 minute walk away, but he was referring to Daimon/Hamamatsucho, which are not the closest stations.

Also, the hotel is supremely easy to get to from Haneeda airport. The monorail goes straight from this airport to Hamamatsucho, and its a short, cheap (Y710 min fare at night) taxi ride away if you have too much luggage for the 10min walk.

My big disappointment was the breakfast. The buffet breakfast just wasn't that impressive in terms of choice or quality, for the price (Y3000). After a couple of days I tried the Japanese breakfast in the basement instead for the same price, but it was all too new and too different for me to be able to stomach at that time in the morning.

The staff at this hotel are wonderful, and in particular the concierge desk. Every person I asked for help went far out of their way to help me. One staff member even wrote and then printed a map and directions in Japanese that I could give to a taxi driver to find my work location the next day.

The gym was not impressive - it seemed a little old, with few machines and poor air-con. Also very expensive at Y2000 a session. Use of swimming pool, another Y2000 on top! Surely a hotel of this standard should offer complimentary gym and pool?

Overall though, I highly rate this hotel, and if I could get the same deal on price that I did this time - 50% discount through Expedia, then I would be delighted to return and stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

We booked through Hotels.com and apparentely got it at a 50% off rate for a last minute booking, so it was great value at about £120 per night, which is very good for Tokyo and for the lovely room we had. Fabulously done up, very luxurious decor and impressive communal areas. We went in through the wrong entrance and realised how massive this hotel is - there's even a bowling alley! Staff very helpful and sweet. Shame the pool was so much extra. Our room was a "comfort king" and was enourmous - the biggest bed I have ever seen. Bathroom was lovely with a jacuzzi bath. Handy bakery and reasonably priced shop at the entrance - we used that instead of taking the v pricey breakfast, although I'm sure it would have been great, if your company is paying! Room had a fab view of the Tokyo tower. A little out of the way as it is a 10 min walk to the nearest station (free line with the JR pass), but there is a bus every hour run by the hotel if you time it right. It was easy to use the trains, and didn't take long from Tokyo station having used the Narita airpot express trains. The C&C japanese fast food curry place on the main road to the station from the hotel was surprisingly good with a friendly English speaking waiter!Would definitely recomend this hotel if you don't mind being a little away from the central hub of everything, but it was nice and peaceful so we quite liked that. Free internet if you take your own laptop. Usual English business tv channels.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

It is a very large hotel. So clean and the staff went out of their way to help us, Taxis always available short walk to station. Parks nearby. Food at hotel very nice.Walking distance to Tokyo Tower a must to see at night the views of Tokyo are stunning. Bakery at hotel very good especially for breakfast. Not to far in taxi to Ginza or Roppongi for shopping and restaurants. Saw some beautiful weddings being held at the hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

After having flown 10.5 hours from Vancouver, then taken a bus to the Prince Park Tower Tokyo, I knew I was in heaven when the bellman RAN to the bus to pick up my luggage. I was pretty tired so wasn't relishing the thought of lugging anything anywhere at that point.

I was whisked into the lobby and seated while a gentleman quickly sorted out my one night reservation only to be told that I was being upgraded to a special room in an exclusive area of the hotel, accessible only by a special card that you used to enter. A lady took me to my room on the 26th floor and even as tired as I was, I was blown away by the city skyline view when you showed me how the curtains opened automatically with just a push of a button. The lights of Tokyo shimmered for miles beyond my balcony, which she also demonstrated, was actually usable.

The lights knew when you were in a room by turning on automatically and I was treated, for the first time in my life, to a toilet seat that was actually heated. The toilet could do all sorts of other things but I left it at that.

The room was very spacious, had a built in work desk, mini bar, a small seating area and an expresso machine. The bed was luxuriously comfortable with a thread count beyond anything I have ever experienced. Frankly, I never wanted to leave....

Last but not least, I managed to get this hotel at an excellent price on the internet (about $170 Canadian including taxes). It was highly recommended by my daughter and her boyfriend who stayed there for one night upon their arrival in Japan and I am thrilled that I took their recommendation. I also read the reviews on Trip Advisor and was happy to have discovered the bakery just off the reception for breakfast the next morning.

I'm afraid I can't comment on the convenience of the location because I was (most unfortunately) in and out, but it was about a $20 cab ride to the train station which is where I headed after checking out.

If you ever go to Tokyo, want first class luxury in a most accommodating hotel, then the Park Prince Tower Hotel should be your first choice.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Been to The Prince Park Tower Tokyo? Share your experiences!