“Beautiful gem and extremely centric” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Prince Park Tower Tokyo

Save Saved
You added The Prince Park Tower Tokyo to your Saves list
The Prince Park Tower Tokyo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4-8-1 Shibakoen, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 105-8563, Japan   |
Ranked #3 of 93 hotels in Minato
San Francisco
“Beautiful gem and extremely centric”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Had the opportunity of staying at this incredible hotel. The location is absolutely stunning! Completely central to all of Tokyo. And the views from the Bar/Restaurant are just unbelievable. Totally recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to maximize their visit in Tokyo!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

971 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bat Yam, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Been there 2 nights at the end of our trip to Japan.
This hotel has a special sale and we booked 2 rooms, one twin and one-corner deluxe as we are couple with 2 kids.
The corner room is simply great. The view of a temple and Tokyo tower was stunning at all day time or late eve. All facilities are great. Free wi-fi in rooms. Check-in breeze as well check-out.
Service was great. The location fantastic. Free shuttle to JR station, which we used the most. Subway station just around the corner in 3 min walk.
Amazing hotel. I will definitely stay again for the price we paid.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife, 12 month old and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights at the tail end of our trip that covered Singapore and Bali. The hotel was built in 2008 and starting show signs of wear and tear. I would not consider it luxury property judging by the design, materials used to furnish the rooms, amenities, etc. Have you ever seen budget leatherette furniture of orange/brown shade and somewhat uncomfortable to sit in? Look no further, this hotel and your room will have plenty of it... There are too many unnecessary controls, nobs and switches on the walls, bathrooms, corridors, etc. - very traditional. The confort of the bedding was OK. We did get upgraded to a larger room with a direct view of the tower - I think we tried too hard as we got a room of monstrous proportions with emberracingly large bed (eventually we discovered that there were two queen beds pulled together). The staff provided with a nice crib and bedding for our 12 month old. As far as the gym facilities, which I managed to use only once, there is a charge of 2,000 Yen to use there pool / hot tubs (this was an issue in my mind as I am not accustomed to pay for hotel gym facilities a la carte). The biggest issue is that the gym is situated underground and is about 10-12 walk from your room! On the way to the gym you will pass wedding planning services and other related businesses... The location is central but there is little to do in the area. Instead of overpriced hotel breakfast on 30+ floor, you can do a nice breakfast at Le Pain Quotidien near by. There are NO kids play rooms and they are not allowed in the lounge (which is understandable).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

What a great place! The entire staff are the most friendliest folks around! They can't do enough to make you feel welcome! The desk staff were always ready to assist you in whatever you needed. Our room was plush and very comfortable and we had a great view of the city. Subway stations are close by. The buffet breakfast had a huge selections of items. A wonderful stay, we hated to leave.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

In May of 2013 I took my first international trip. I decided on Japan, obviously; and booked my trip through Sun Rise tours, a great company! This was my hotel in Japan and it was amazing! The entire staff was very kind and very helpful, giving me directions and telling me how to operate the train system (very easy). The hotel also has a shuttle bus that runs to the local bus station which is just a short walk from the train/subway system. Not to mention Tokyo Tower was about a five minute walk away and looked amazing at night. I also felt very safe here and that was a big thing for me since I was by myself. The rooms I stayed in were very nice and very clean. Overall a wonderful stay, I have nothing bad to say.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is my 7th trip to Tokyo. My previous visit involved a stay at The Prince Park Tower Tokyo Hotel which I already reviewed and gave 5/5 to. Of course with a decent review as previously provided, I was keen to repeat my stay.

The second time around I was not as impressed and mainly on the basis of our first room.

I booked a couple of months in advance. Rates were quite high and the budget only afforded a twin room. This meant low floor, no balcony but still a very reasonably sized room to Japan. Having notched up 7 trips to Tokyo, and visiting many hotels throughout the country I can state that The Prince Park Tower Tokyo Hotel has extremely decent sized rooms. If you come from Australia or North America, your definition of size may not agree with this statement - but Tokyo is a dense city. Expectations cannot be based on what you expect back home.

Note: we were to learn later on that rates available on the day from the hotel were actually cheaper than what we paid online 2 months prior. Check against the hotel website for today's rates and compare. In hindsight, we could have paid for the better room for the amount we spent on the cheaper twin.

Having stayed a year and a half prior, seeing the small twin on the 10th floor was slightly disappointing. But you get what you pay for, and the rooms are as stated prior - large for Tokyo.

We left, came back, got settled and noted one thing out of place. There was an ashtray and a sign saying - "don't smoke in the bed". The cigarette smell then became evident.
Japan is certainly cleaner and safer than Australia and the US, but smoking rates are among the highest in the OECD which means that smoking floors that have all but been eliminated in the west, are still very common in Japan.

We're non-smokers and couldn't stay in the room.

It's at this point Japanese customer service (exemplified by The Prince Park Tower Tokyo) is illustrated. I spoke with the front desk and explained the problem. They admitted they had overlooked my non-smoking request, apologised and without fuss relocated us to a much higher, premium room with balcony and view of Tokyo Tower.

Smoking floors aside, the location, staff and cleanliness of the rooms are all very good for the rates you'll pay.

Rooms fittings and service are benchmarks which will be hard to find elsewhere for the same price.

To assist travellers, those who travel using the extremely convenient Japan Rail Pass will find this hotel ideal. The main Shinkansen stations are Tokyo and Shinagawa; both have connections to the super efficient Yamanote JR line (59 minute, dual direction loop train around central Tokyo - it's free to Rail Pass holders and identified by green stripe on the side of the train).

The best JR station on this line for the hotel is Hamamatsucho. It's the midpoint between Tokyo and Shinagawa (6 minutes in either direction, with a train every couple of minutes).

Once at the Hamamatsucho station, head to the west side of the station and look for bus terminal 5. The hotel shuttle is at quarter past and quarter to the hour with Japanese precision; on the second.

Room Tip: Rooms are divided into normal rooms (18th floor and below), and premium floors (19th and above). The...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was my first time in Japan and I was happy with the Prince Park Tower. The hotel is nice and the staff were polite. This review will list my pros and cons and hopefully it will be useful in your hotel search.

Pros:
Location- it is a quiet area so you don't have to worry about restless nights
Room- the size of the room (Twin deluxe) was comparable to the rooms in the US and it came with a veranda. The bathroom, which I tend to be particular about in hotels, was very nice and clean with a separate tub and shower and enough amenities to start a CVS
Wifi- the (free)wifi worked well throughout the hotel and in the rooms
Store- there is a store at the hotel that stays open til 1am for those late night cravings or pick up a few necessities
Bowling Alley- there is a nice bowling alley at the hotel and the prices were surprisingly cheap, there is a bar in there too
Breakfast Buffet- there is an omelet station and a variety of meats, fruits, breads, etc to choose from. There is also a nice view of Tokyo and the Tokyo Tower in particular
Complimentary Shuttle- there is a shuttle to Hamamatsucho Station

Cons:
Location- if you want to be centrally located and near a station that has the main train lines, then this may not be for you. The Akabanebashi station is across the street but it is only serviced by the Oedo line
Room- Even though I had a non-smoking room, it sometimes had a faint smoky odor
Gym/Pool/Sauna- did not get to use the facilities because the price to use them was high, I believe 2000 yen for one or 4000 yen for all

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Prince Park Tower Tokyo? Share your experiences!