“Nice hotel, excellent service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Prince Park Tower Tokyo

Save Saved
You added The Prince Park Tower Tokyo to your Saves list
The Prince Park Tower Tokyo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4-8-1 Shibakoen, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 105-8563, Japan   |
Ranked #2 of 93 hotels in Minato
Boston
“Nice hotel, excellent service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed here a couple of nights. Check-in process smooth and efficient. Room very nice and clean. I would stay here again. Each morning we walked to a nearby coffee shop for breakfast. Easy location to find since it is near the Tokyo tower. From most places in the city you can see the tower.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

966 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Timisoara, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were for a 10 days trip, for the very first time in Japan. The corner room at Prince Park Tower is a very good choice. I was extremely satisfied about the cleanliness of the entire place, about the friendliness of every employee and about the "green wiew" from the room window.
The 33rd floor bar is a wonderfull place with one of the best Tokyo wiew.
Large Rooms and techno toilets are also highlights of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My overall impression of this hotel is that it is fantastic. I loved the location of the hotel. The fact that it is right next to the Tokyo Tower is a plus for me. There are two subway stations near it and it is near my preferred JR line. For me, the building exterior looked a bit ordinary compared to many five star hotels, but the interior is very lovely. I especially like the park next to it. There is a beautiful flower garden with different colorful flowers in the park. There is also a quaint wedding chapel in the garden. I enjoyed taking walks in the park.
I stayed in the corner double room and it was worth it. The room is modern with lots of automatic features. The views from almost every corner of the room including the bathroom are breathtaking. I had fantastic views of the Tokyo Tower, the Zojoji temple and the park. I dined at the Torishiba restaurant and watched the chef prepare delicious yakitori. I was told that the Sky Lounge Stellar garden was a “must” so I made sure to go there for drinks. The night view of Tokyo from the lounge is beautiful.
This hotel has fantastic customer service. From the moment you step off the taxi, you have staff waiting on you. They are very organized, your bags are picked up and you were led to seats while you check in. I liked that they provided seats for guests while we checked in and checked out. I reserved a corner room and when I requested a room with a good view, they upgraded me to a very high floor. They also made sure I got a corner room that faced the Tokyo tower. Most of the staff spoke fluent English, and the concierge was always very helpful in printing directions, and writing the names of places and restaurants in Japanese for me. I had a memorable stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised with the Prince Park Tower hotel. For the price and location (central Tokyo), it turned out to be a very good deal.

The hotel is quit busy and modern. The rooms were bigger than I expected, with a separate bath and toilet area. The toilet was the coolest part, because as you open the door the light comes on and the toilet lid automatically goes up. It then shuts once you exit the loo!!

The room was comfortable and we got one with a view of the Tokyo Tower, which was lovely.

The hotel is in Central Tokyo and there are two metro stations within 5 mins walking distance. Therefore you are extremely well connected to the city. Places like Ginza and Roppongi are about 10-15 mins away by cab and the Haneda airport is about 25-30 mins away.

The staff were very nice, but I must highlight the concierge desk in particular. They were extremely helpful, even going to the extent of printing out small maps for our very specific request on stores/restaurants.

We didn't eat in the hotel, though they give you discount coupons for breakfast and if you stay longer than 2 nights, a discount coupon for taxis originating from the hotel also. For breakfast we went across to the Pain Quotidien near the temple - 5 mins round the block from the hotel.

Overall an excellent choice for an expensive and cramped city like Tokyo.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Tokyo Tower
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great location for people who know Tokyo, maybe not so great for first timers. Close to cultural sites, restaurants and transport. Nice big rooms, well appointed at a great price. But what i really liked about this place is their flexible attitude. I needed a 1 page document copied and asked front desk. Many places would point you to the business center, but they kindly copied for me. And I left a shirt behind and socks, they sent it back washed and pressed. When you stay at Prince Hotels, you experience the best of Japanese hospitality. Thank you, Prince hotels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed in a Corner Double with a King size bed and therefore the room size was more than adequate- if we hadn't upgraded the room might have felt a little crowded.

The bathroom was fantastic- with a large shower and separate large bath (with wave features) and the best toilet EVER!!

The hotel is a 15 minute walk away from Daimon and Hamamatsuchō Station which means that you can easily use as a base to explore Tokyo- and a 10 minute taxi ride from both Tokyo and Shinagawa stations if coming into Tokyo via Shinkansen or the Airport express train.

Like a lot of hotels in Japan the rooms are a little dated but the level of service experienced was first class (but the prices paid are first class so this is expected).

Overall a very nice hotel and I will certainly book here again on my next visit to Tokyo.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Not sure what to expect on my first visit to Tokyo. Quite an amazing experience I must say. Great room with nice bathroom and separate toilet in full Japanese style which I had heard about but still was an interesting experience.
The different restaurants in the basement (sushi, traditional Japanese, tempura, etc.) are quite good. I went to the traditional Japanese restaurant; the staff was very friendly and the food good, although there were some unexpected flavours that were new to my tastebuds. Not sure if I liked it or not.
The restaurant on the 33rd floor was incredible. I was tired and didn't want to go out. Turns out my only choice was between a seven- and a nine-course dinner. I chose the seven-course dinner ;-).
The staff was very courteous, and the food (fusion Italian/French/Asian?) was incredibly. Seven courses flew by before I knew it. Exactly the right amount. The view from the restaurant windows is magical.

Room Tip: Apparently it is still possible in Japan to have a room where you can smoke. I received an upgrade b...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Prince Park Tower Tokyo? Share your experiences!