“Excellent Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Prince Park Tower Tokyo

Save Saved
You added The Prince Park Tower Tokyo to your Saves list
The Prince Park Tower Tokyo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4-8-1 Shibakoen, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 105-8563, Japan   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 93 hotels in Minato
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here for business recently for 6 nights. The prices can be quite expensive; however you definitely get what you pay for! From the minute you arrive, through check-in, the bellboy, concierge and all other staff in the hotel you are greeted with friendly smiles and a can do attitude. Every request I had was dealt with efficiently and without fuss.

The staffs on the premier floor are very helpful and knowledgeable, I had a few issues with joining conference calls from the meeting room and the staff went above and beyond to make sure everything worked well and all my needs were met.

The room size for Tokyo is excellent and extremely good value for money if you compare other hotels in the region. The views are also excellent, my room had a perfect view of the Tokyo tower and a colleague had an amazing view to Mount Fuji. Shiba part below was looking quite barren but would look lovely in spring and summer.

My complementary internet stopped working one day, however within 5 minutes of notifying reception someone brought a mini modem to my room and was back online working within 10 mins, I also needed an adapter as mine broke and I had someone to the room within 5 mins with a selection of 10 different types... can’t ask for more than that!

Loved the views from the Premier Lounge and Skybar. The hotel shop has a decent selection of things you might need if you are late back from work or need breakfast in a hurry.

The Airport Limo bus from Nartia is very easy, 2 hours and 3000yen and door to door service.
Will definitely be back for the next business trip in May

Room Tip: Try for the high floors for the good views. The corners rooms offer excellent floor space try to get...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

997 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I had very high expectations of this hotel after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. They were exceeded upon walking into the room.

For those who are reading this, but haven't been to Japan yet, go with one expectation in mind. Japanese cities are highly populated and space is at a premium, and the Japanese certainly optimise their use of space. The laws dictating minimum doorway height, minimum roof heights and any other spacing requirements by law certainly don't compare with the sizes we have in Australia. On numerous occasions, I've had to duck just to get through someone's front door. I've hit my head on the ceiling of a Japanese bathroom here and there.
I can easily draw comparisons with Italy. I've had barely 2m sq bathrooms in both countries.

The Prince Park in this respect is NOT standard. The room I stayed in had a bathroom the size of some Japanese hotels I've stayed in, and even had a separate room for the toilet. Furthermore, while I am no longer surprised by the array of technology and buttons found in Japanese toilets, the Prince Park facilities even out did most of the others. It did everything but talk.
Basically my point here is that the hotel rooms are way over the top - even for Japan.

The view is spectacular. If you're on the tower side (like we were), you get probably the best view you can get of the tower. It fills the entire window, and you're elevated enough without obstructions to take excellent photos.

The only catch for the Prince Park is it's locations.

I always like to be on the Yamanote line for convenience. The closest station on the Yamanote line is Hamamatsuchō. But the distance from the station to the hotel is a 10 minute walk crossing many roads. If you have a lot of bags, this can be annoying.

The hotel does offer a shuttle to the station. The shuttle leaves each hour at quarter past from Hamamatsuchō Bus Terminal Gate 5. In typical Japanese fashion, expect it on time. Try to at least time your train to arrive on the hour.

If you arrive by Shinkansen or Narita Express, the closest station will be Shinagawa (2 stops on Yamanote line to Hamamatsuchō).

Stayed January 2012

Room Tip: Ask for view of Tokyo Tower
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I booked this hotel through Hotels.com and got a great value at around $170 a night average including the weekend. I booked a double, but was upgraded to a Junior Suite that had a private elevator and was bigger than most apartments in Tokyo. All the typical amentities of a 4+ star hotel were present. The room was a little outdated compared to the mega modern hotels at the same price level, but definitely not run down. The rooftop bar had great views of the city and Tower next door. The lobby has a very convenient store that's not too overpriced so you don't have to wander around for a Lawsons at night if you want a bottle of wine in your room. The hotel sits back a little from most of the major neighborhoods for tourists, but there are 2 subways within a 5 min walk to get you anywhere you need in no time. The best experience though was the concierge booked us a reservation at a Steakhouse one night and when we arrived the server notified the first drink was courtesy of the hotel; anything we wanted. Overall, I would stay here in again in a heartbeat. The service was impeccable and it's central location, while not near the hustle and bustle of Shibuya or Ginza makes it a good spot to branch out to the whole city and return to the retreat of being in a city park.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashik, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Greatest hotels ever visited in my life.The warmth is felt right from reception till you exit the hotel.Greatest of convenience,staff & management.hanks for their cooperaton extended to us during our stay

Room Tip: As a economy, can prefer triple room occupancy for 3 adults,really great & worth
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We booked a double room for 4 nights at the Prince Park Tower based on the great reviews from Trip advisor, and also a very good price (170,000 per night). Finding the hotel was pretty easy (especially if you aim to take the short shuttle from Hamamatcho station), and the location was pretty good, although it was a bit of a walk through the garden to get anywhere. We ran into problems however, as the hotel restaurant (on the 33rd floor) does not let kids in, nor does the swimming pool (which my 4 year old was especially looking forward to). We also found the other restaurants in the hotel to be very expensive. In the end, we transferred to one of their other sister hotels (in Shinagawa) which had a pool that kids could use, however, found it to be too much like Disneyland. I hear that the Prince hotel in Shinjuku is best location, though small rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed at The Prince Park from Feb 6- 9, 2013. This is the hotel absolutely different from traditionally tiny -room hotel in Tokyo. Stunning Tokyo tower and park view with up to American-standard King-size bedroom (It is really huge). The bathroom is big with a massage bathtube and stand-up shower. I and my husband enjoyed the hotel very much. This is the hotel that you want to spend time with, but not immediately escape from the tiny room for fresh air. We stayed at the superior room with a balcony but my friend stayed at normal room with same size (The difference is no balcony only and nicer coffee machine!) . The bad thing that I would say for this hotel is the LOCATION. I am a Hongkongness. We like convenience very much. But you have to walk about 10 mins to Daimon subway and 15 mins to Hamamatsucho JR (Hotel also has free shuttle bus, but the walk is absolutely manageable). I think for shoppers or some people who really really want to stay at the heart of the city (something next to the subway). This is NOT your choice. But if you like good rest, quiet park view and enjoy walking in the sunny winter day, this is your choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Halifax, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed here one night 2 ppl

We arrived at the hotel and the customer service was really good and we were taken straight away to the reception desk to check in, we was then told we have been upgraded to a superior room on the 19th which was fantastic news. We got there really early too but no issues with check in.

The reception and lobby was was clean and tidy and looked very upper class, when we got to the it was very clean, big, fab bathroom and it had an amazing view! Tokyo tower! Fell in love with the view. The rooms could do with a face lift though that's all I could say as a downside.

We went to the bar at the top of the hotel which was amazing, trendy, hip, amazing cocktails, we had a mojitos! Just a bit of the expensive side though. Amazing views again at night.

The swimming pool was chargeable which was rubbish to say you pay a lot to stay for one night! Wasn't impressed.

There is a little cake shop downstairs In the lobby area which was really nice :) only issue was there was no seating to eat it which would have been nice.

Location also good 5mins walk to tube station...we couldn't find any restaurants around hotel until we walked to rappongi or daimon which took 10-20 mins.

Overall nice hotel! Good customer service! Nice room and amazing views! A bit expensive for what it was and to say we was upgraded no facilities were included. I would defo come back though but not In a hurry

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Prince Park Tower Tokyo? Share your experiences!