“Lucky to have points and stay here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Tokyo

You added Conrad Tokyo to your Saves list
Conrad Tokyo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-9-1 Higashi-Shimbashi, Minato 105-7377, Tokyo Prefecture (Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi)   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #1 of 96 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Cypress, Texas, United States
“Lucky to have points and stay here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My hubby is a HH Diamond member and we typically save our points for special (ie: expensive) trips. Being a HH member has a lot of perks, but at this hotel you will be treated with kindness and respect regardless of who you are. Everyone from the greeters, concierge, bellboys and reception are extremely helpful and kind. If it's in their power they will do their best. Everything here was topnotch.

The hotel itself is interesting. When you walk in on the ground floor there is a desk with a greeter who will tell you to take the elevators to the lobby which is on the 28th floor. It's weird to me, but you get used to it. The lobby is very sleek and modern. Checkin was easy for us on both of my trips there.

The room is very beautiful. It doesnt feel small or cramped due to the nice layout. Our room had a couch that spanned the windows. The bathroom was very clean and it had blinds that could be closed for privacy. Automated blinds that is. SO COOL. I'm easily impressed. Also they provided free toothbrush, hairband, sewing kit along with the usual hotel shampoos and conditioner. The pictures show more than I can describe.

If you have access to the lounge, you are in for a treat. They have evening cocktail service with hor d'oerves from the hotel's restaurants and also a full breakast in the morning which included egg station, pastries and also traditional japanese breakfast with shiozake and rice congee with toppings.

**TIP** if you want to get to the Subway/TokyoMetro, you can do it from the street level, but I find it's easier to navigate underground if you are not familiar with the streets around the hotel. In order to go underground, you would need to take a left out the double doors and just out the door there will be escalators going down. There are a series of tunnels that will take you to Shimbashi station (They have a Beard Papa at this, you must try the cream puffs!!). It's a plus because being underground can preotect you from the weather if it's raining or cold out.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hotel R, Heinrich Grafe - General Manager at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Wow, what great feedback we have received from you!
Thank you so much for your compliments on our service and facilities, which will be shared with the team.
Great to hear that you liked our room and the décor on the 37th, Executive Floor.
Thank you also for your kind words about staff, who really appreciate your comments.
We certainly look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Started our trip to Japan with 2 nights at the Conrad. We upgraded to a Bay View room to get an early check in and we're not disappointed, wonderful view and lovely window seats to lounge on while enjoying it. Ideal room for 3 girls, great bathroom. Good location for shopping in Ginza and visiting the fish market early morning. Staff were very good. Pool amazing.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your feedback in such detail.
Great to hear that you liked our lobby, the magnificent view over Tokyo Bay and kind words for our staffs, who really appreciate your comments.
Yes, we have great access to transportation are located in walking distance to the Ginza, the famous shopping district in Tokyo and the Tsukij Fish Market.
Thank you for your great comments, come back soon and we look forward to serving you
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Great room, lovely bath. Loved the ability to open or close blinds between room and bath. Service outstanding. Nice sheets. Good down pillows. Modern, clean, comfortable. Very tasteful decor and rooms well fitted out. Gym a bit small with limited cardio options other than treadmills. Nice pool.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Very pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay.
The team and I are delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay here at the Conrad Tokyo as well as our convenient location.
Thank you so much for your comments on our service, which will be shared with the team.
We will certainly welcome an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stayed there July 11-14, 2014 and was so impressed from the moment I walked in. The lobby is on the 28th floor and by the time I got there, I was bowed to by 4 different staffers. A petit but strong young woman insisted on taking my heavy luggage (wheeled but it was over carpet) so I let her thinking she may get in trouble if she doesn't. Staff was extraordinarily attentive and addressed me by name from the moment I got there until I checked out.

There are only 3 elevators but I never waited for more than a few seconds before one arrived. I began to suspect there was a sensor on my door that called the elevator when I opened my room door, just guessing.

Breakfast was included in my package (thank God!) and it was a nice selection of American and Japanese traditional selections. I did both, each day.

My room was amazing and I do recommend a bay side view. I requested an upgrade and that was the upgrade. The room was extremely comfortable. If I have to complain about anything it is that the room smelled faintly like someone had been smoking in there. I didn't complain because I grew up with my dad smoking and it was faint but noticeable as soon as I entered each day.

I would highly recommend this hotel for a pleasant, comfortable, expensive but worth it kind of trip.

Room Tip: Bayside view and ask for free upgrade if available. I went with American Express Travel and it was w...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Wow, what great feedback we have received from you!
Great to hear that you liked our spacious bay view room and the stunning view over Tokyo Bay from your room.
We certainly look forward to serving you again in the near future!
Europe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed here for one night during short Tokyo trip in July 2014. Arrived at 12.45 (check in is at 15.00), and one day before asked for early check in via e-mail, which was promised but not guaranteed, but had no problem to check in at that early time. Greeted as HH Diamond and was informed that they upgraded me into nice suite, which was simply stunning, very large with amazing views, very clean and spacious, with stunning bathroom. Pool is also amazing, with incredible views, as is the breakfast, which is one of the best ones I ever had in a Hilton hotel. Absolutely worth the cost.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Wonderful to hear that you were happy with our service and guest room facilities.
Great to hear that you liked our large guest room and the magnificent view over Tokyo Bay.
Our hotel won a TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice® award 2014 as one of the Top 25 Luxury Hotels in Japan and also is a 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award recipient.
Thank you for your great comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed here on our arrival in Tokyo prior to a cruise on the Diamond Princess. We had experienced an 8 hour delay in our flights and when we reached Tokyo a broken wheel on one case made our arrival difficult. We were driven from the JR Tokyo Station to the Conrad at 10.30PM, greeted like royalty on the ground level and then whisked to Level 28 for Check in, with friendly caring staff.
Our room was just superb on level 30 with a one bedroom suite overlooking Tokyo Bay / Harbour. Bed ( King) was comfortable and bathroom facilities exceptional. The view over the Hama Rikyu Gardens was just superb.
Breakfast was a great buffet appealing to any type of food style.
We checked out at 12.00PM to drive to Yokohama delighted that we are returning to The Executive floor and lounge for 3 days at the end of our holiday.
Highly recommend this quality hotel , with impeccable service. WE also found the location, albeit in the financial centre, quite outstanding for access to 2 underground Metro Stations within 2-3 minutes easy walk.
Just wonderful

Room Tip: Seek a room with view over the gardens and to the Bay
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel R, Conrad Tokyo at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
What great feedback we have received from you! The team and I are delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay here at the Conrad Tokyo.
Great to hear that you liked our large guest room, the magnificent view over Tokyo Bay and the breakfast.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Tampa,Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

If you want to feel like royalty, this is the place to stay. From being escorted to your room at the beginning of the stay and then being greeted every time you leave or come back, you feel important. The room was spectacular and a destination in itself. A most enjoyable way to end our trip to Japan.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hotel R, Heinrich Grafe - General Manager at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
What great feedback we have received here – thank you!
We are pleased to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us at the Conrad Tokyo.
I'm very proud to hear that our team took good care of you and I can assure you that I will share the good comments with them.
For us its always important to hear what our guests thinks in order for us to improve and we will continue doing so in the future.
Thank you again and we all look forward to welcoming back in the not too distant future!

Been to Conrad Tokyo? Share your experiences!