“Excellent in all regards” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Tokyo

You added Conrad Tokyo to your Saves list
Conrad Tokyo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-9-1 Higashi-Shimbashi, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 105-7377, Japan   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #1 of 94 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Louisville, KY
“Excellent in all regards”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is a top-notch hotel in all regards and is the best hotel I have ever stayed at...anywhere.

Service was excellent from taxi unloading to check-in to extremely friendly staff greeting us each time we returned to the hotel. Even compared to several other Japanese hotels that I've stayed at, Conrad Tokyo takes it to a completely new, higher level.

We requested a NOR1 upgrade and were upgraded to a city-view suite. The suite was extremely large by Tokyo standards and similar in size to suites in USA. Suite had a well appointed master bath and a separate powder room.

Evening turn-down service was efficient with water and towel refresh. However, no chocolates that some other hotels provide at turn-down.

As a Diamond member, we had Executive Lounge access. We never had trouble to find a table for breakfast. The breakfast was half-way between continental and full-breakfast. Fully filling and good taste without having to spend extra time or money going out for breakfast.

Location is ~7 minute walk from JR Shimbashi station. Directly above Tokyo Metro subway stop and connected to Yurakome elevated line. Super easy to get to all points in Tokyo. Several good dinner options in near-by "Caretta" building, including an excellent dim sum shop.

The only area for the hotel to improve is Internet speed. Compared to the other hotels I've stayed at in Tokyo area and elsewhere in Japan, the Conrad's Internet (even for the optional "Premium" tier) is slow and similar in speed to what is found at Hilton's in USA.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hotel R, Heinrich Grafe - General Manager at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your fabulous comments and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Great that you enjoyed our spacious guest room, spectacular bathroom and the stunning view over Tokyo Bay from your room.
Thank you again and we all look forward to welcoming back in the not too distant future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Fantastic high class hotel. Brilliant buffet for breakfast. Staff were very very helpful. Room nice and clean with lovely view. Quiet room and the surrounding area is great for very fresh sushi. Smoking in the bar is the only downside.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Hotel R, Heinrich Grafe - General Manager at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you very much for your great feedback and we are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us here at the Conrad Tokyo.
Great to hear that you liked our large guest room, the magnificent view over the Tokyo Bay and the breakfast. Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
New Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed for almost a week on business. Amenities were top notch. Room was very clean and very comfortable. The hotel sits on top of other businesses, so rooms start well above the 20th floor, which makes the views much better and elevates you way above the noise. I loved the location and how the buildings integrate so well with each other in an expected, Japanese way. Had terrific access to public transportation and most parts of the city while still staying near the waterfront.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hotel R, Conrad Tokyo at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you very much and we are happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
We highly appreciate your comments about our convenient location, which is near the Shiodome station.
Glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast service.
I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Conrad Tokyo soon. Thank you again.
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

The room is very comfortable and well furnished to rest, sleep well and work. The bathrooms are top quality and spacious.

At the spa, there is a very well equiped fitness where yoga and pilates classes are also scheduled. Great idea to fight jet lag or get ready for the day.

Now, when you have been to the fitness in the early morning, you can indulge at breakfast and this became quickly (i.e after one breakfast!) a moment to enjoy: capuccino made to order, large variety of European and Japanese dishes including delicious pastries and everything to feel ready for a full day of work in the city.

The hotel is also close, i.e. walkable distance to Ginza and its retail stores where you find easily what will allow you to get excused by your family for being away so far...but don't tell them the good time you had at the Conrad!
Every employee makes you feel really welcome at the hotel.

Room Tip: Either you overlook the bay or face a few high-rises in the city. Anyway these are all very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your great feedback.
We are so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
Great to hear that you liked our breakfast and spa and fitness facilities.
Thank you so much for kind words for our staff, who really appreciate your comments.
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

The staff and room was close to perfect but mentioned by every other reviewer so I won't get into details. I'm surprised there weren't too many reviews on the spa since it's one of the best. I especially enjoyed the wet and dry sauna. You can get them very hot which is unusual at hotels. Also the facility was very clean and luxurious. It's great after a long day of exploring the city.

The one tiny thing that wasn't great was the complimentary wifi. To quantify, I was getting ping times 150ms+, ~150kpbs down, ~100kpbs up and occasional disconnects. Not horrible but the free wifi at Starbucks downstairs was literally 10x faster.

Room Tip: No need to splurge on the bay view. The city view is quite nice and you can see the bay view in the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you very much and we are happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
I'm very proud to hear that our team took good care of you and I can assure you that I will share the good comments with them. For us its always important to hear what our guests thinks in order for us to improve and we will continue doing so in the future.
Our hotel won a TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice® award 2014 as one of the Top 25 Luxury Hotels in Japan and also is a 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award recipient.
Montville, NJ, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

As a regular visitor to Japan, and especially Tokyo, I stay at different hotels from time to time, and Conrad is the best I have stayed at, by quite a bit. Frankly, if I could, I would stay here everytime because it is a class apart. I stayed recently (June13) and ran into Ari, whose customer service skills shine even amongst the top notch peers that he has. Asked me if I was comfortable in my room, and when I stated I had a better view a previous visit a year before, ran out came back to tell me he had a room with a better view depite it being a heavy booking day. Then, asked for my food tastes and arranged an exquisite Japanese vegetarian meal through chef Tamura. Their exec lounge feels special too with the its ambiance and service. The staff show presence of mind to help clients in special little ways (apart from the example above). I needed to stow my luggage since I was early and rooms were not available - I did not close it properly after a last minute insertion of something, and everything spilled. The bell staff came running to help me pick up. I would stay here everytime if only I could fit it into my budget every time.

Room Tip: Ask the fron
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hotel R, Conrad Tokyo at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your great feedback. We are so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us.
It is our greatest pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay.
We all appreciate your kind comments about our staff and thank you so much for kind words for Ari, who really appreciate your comment.
Guests comments are always a great way to improve and reward our team and services.
New Albany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Everything at this hotel is fabulous. I am usually hard to please and my expectations were exceeded in every way. The rooms are really beautiful and get one with the view as it is amazing. The service friendly and helpful and very engaging. The location is excellent away from too much noise but easy access to everything as subway is right next to it. The beds divine and the gym and spa were perfect. We loved the buffet breakfast and the cappuccinos were some of the best. I would ask them to make up your rooms early as my only suggestion.
A special shout out to chef Jose Sanchez who was delightful and prepared some delicious huevos rancheros which I did not expect to find in Japan. Overall we had a wonderful 4 days at the hotel and will miss it.

• Stayed June 2014
Hotel R, Conrad Tokyo at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Very pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay.
We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your room, food as well as our convenient location.
It is our greatest pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay.
We all appreciate your kind comments about our staff and our convenient location.
This will be shared amongst all the management and the staff.

Been to Conrad Tokyo? Share your experiences!