“Tokyo Business Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Tokyo

You added Conrad Tokyo to your Saves list
Conrad Tokyo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-9-1 Higashi-Shimbashi, Minato 105-7377, Tokyo Prefecture (Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi)   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #1 of 97 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Rumson, United States
“Tokyo Business Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I like this hotel when I travel to Tokyo on business. Its a bit quirky as far as its layout and having to go up twenty something floors to check-in. Its very clean and classy. The people who work at the hotel are very helpful. The gym is above average (only because more equipment would be great). The lap pool is fantastic! And there is a fantastic steam, sauna, and whirlpool (4) in the men's room - very clean. Even places to shower, shave, brush your teeth with amenities supplied. One of this great bathing suit spin-dryers as well. Upon leaving on my last visit I was quickly stressed. About 20 people in line before me. In most any other hotel I've been at I could expect at least a 30 minute delay. Hotel reps quickly came out of the cracks and were taking people out of line into side offices to check them out. It was best queuing management I have seen at any hotel...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Hotel R, Heinrich Grafe - General Manager at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
What a great feedback we have received from you!
The team and I are absolutely happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay here at the Conrad Tokyo.
Yes, we are located right above the subway station called Shiodome on Oedo Line and in the walking distance to the famous Ginza shopping area. Glad that you appreciated our location!
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Conrad Tokyo in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
South San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Once you enter your room, you immediately know that you're in a very special place. Large room, great views, impressive bathroom with rain shower and separate tub! The Conrad has a relaxing bar overlooking Tokyo Bay, and a wonderful restaurant which serves a delicious buffet breakfast. Service everywhere is top notch. For those who love Diet Coke, the bar is one of the few places you can get some to drink in Tokyo. Centrally located next to train station, and a short walk to Ginza. We loved our stay, and felt like royalty!!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Wow, what a great feedback we have received from you!
We would like to also thank you for all of your nice comments about our hotel and also the valuable information for the other customers.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

In Shiodome several hotels are concentrated closely together. And for good reason: Shiodome is very well connected to subways and monorail lines. It is a short walk from Shiodome to major places like Ginza (5 minutes), the Panasonic Visitors Centre, Hama Rikuyu Gardens, several shopping malls and numerous restaurants. Also, the Shiodome area is a true marvel of architecture and one simply wants to be there.

The Conrad Hotel is said to be the best hotel in Shiodome. In fact it is listed as one of the 25 best hotels in all of Japan. So I had high expectations. From the very start these expectations were met. Checkin was quick and courteous. And... this is one of the very few hotels in Japan that allows guests into their rooms before check-in time (that is: if the room is cleaned and ready for the next guest).

The room is very big and beautifully decorated. There's lots of wood and strategically placed lighting to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Over the bed is a minimalstic art work depicting a blossom tree; at the very end of it is a 3d sculpted bird. Beautiful! Instead of the usual chocolate, the turn down service (house keeping) will put a little teddy bear on the bed on the first day.

Since there are so many hotels closely packed together, my view was blocked by other hotels. I found out the hard way that "city view" is a eufemism for: "you won't see a darn thing from your room".

One reason for choosing a top hotel is top service. After reading some of the bad reviews of the hotel I can only conclude that the Conrad really did learn from these customers' unsatisfactory experiences and improved itself with every bad review. For starters I experienced the personnel to be very kind and sincere. After just one day they knew my face, remembered why I was here and asked about my job and my work at the end of the day. I appreciate that!

When I wanted to go to a car show the congierge didn't just help me to find the place, he even managed to get me free tickets to the show!

A day later I bought a Blueray disc in town. In my room was a DVD player, not a BlueRay player. When I asked the congierge for a solution, a Blueray player was installed in my room within half an hour. Now that's great service!

Still there are a few points of critique:

- it seems like most of the staff is none Japanese. This may reduce the language barrier, but it also takes away the magic of being in Japan.

- there's no 220 volt wall socket in the room. Some of these top hotels offer both 100 and 220 volt to the guests, which eliminates the use of adapters, transformers and other gadgets.

- smoking is allowed in the bar, making it a no-go area for most none smokers. Come on, this is 2014 ban smoking in public areas!

- the Internet in the room is VERY slow, not just compared to other hotels but even compared to ten years ago. Even when using a cable instead of wifi, the average upload speed is shameful 10 kb per second. My old phone line modem was quicker than that! The 3G connection on my phone is faster than that! This was not an accident, the Internet connection was this slow every day, every time of day. Since I need to submit my work to my office via Internet daily, this slow connection is the sole eason not to stay at the Conrad again. And please Condrad, don't start about "premium" Internet because I've paid enough of a premium price for the room itself and other top quality hotels do provide proper Internet as standard.

Room Tip: City view means view is blocked by other buildings.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Hotel R, Conrad Tokyo at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, January 21, 2015
Thank you for the fabulous comment. We are happy that you were delighted with your stay.
Great to hear that you liked our large guest room, the magnificent view over Tokyo Bay.
Your comments relating to the rooms and Internet use are valuable and taken up for future reference.
Otherwise, we trust you had a nice stay with us and we certainly look forward to an opportunity to welcome you again in the future.
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

As others have mentioned, we had difficulty finding the hotel entrance as we had arrived via Shimbashi station - but once we understood the layout of the area, traveling from and to the Hotel couldn't have been easier using Shiodome metro station.

That is the only negative point I could mention. Upon checking in we got upgraded to an Executive Room overlooking the beautiful Hama Rikyu Gardens and were wowed with the service and professionalism of the staff (excellent English , if I may say so myself). Breakfast was also a delight and made us make it a point not to skip out on the most important meal of the day.

Special mention to the bell desk who act as your first impression of the hotel as they rush to aid you with your heavy luggage and guide you through this enormous building.

All in all. I would definitely book the Conrad next time I'm in Tokyo.

Room Tip: Ask for Bay View / Garden View if possible
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
What a great feedback – thank you!
Glad that you came back to visit us once again and so happy to hear that you had another enjoyable stay with us.
I'm very proud to hear that our team took good care of you and I can assure you that I will share the good comments with them.
For us its always important to hear what our guests thinks in order for us to improve and we will continue doing so in the future.
Thank you for your great comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is our favorite hotel in Tokyo. We stay here every other month at our own expense ( not company's )for leisure. My husband and I agree that this is the most enjoyable and comfortable hotel that we've experienced in Japan. ( We've visited Japan more than fifteen times over the last three years and have stayed in 4-5 star hotels in Tokyo as well as other cities). Other reviewers have pointed out how well appointed the Conrad Tokyo is and I agree. The beds are a dream to sleep in and we have never had a bad experience at all during all our stays. The staff at the executive lounge always make a point in remembering us and welcoming us back. Although its location is a little way out, the Oedo train station is directly below ( less than 1 minute away). The Ginza / Shimbashi station is a little further away, but with both stations nearby,transportation is very easy.
There is a bus that goes to the Conrad from Narita airport. However, I can only recommend that during off peak hours as it took us almost 3 hours to reach our destination in the late afternoon. We have learnt how to take the Narita Express train to Tokyo station and from there, we catch a cab to the Conrad. The train ride is one hour and the cab ride is another15 minutes . From Haneda airport, the cab ride is only about 30-40 mins. to the Conrad ( 6000 + yen ).The bus and train tickets cost about the same ( 3000 yen ) but there is the additional cost of the taxi fare ( 1000+ yen ).
We always look forward to our stay at the Conrad every time we visit Tokyo.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your great feedback and we are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us here at the Conrad Tokyo.
We are happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us and thank you very much for your warm feedback regarding our Executive lounge team.
Please come back soon and we look forward to serving you again, hopefully in no distant future.
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Husband and I spent our first 3 nights in Tokyo at the Conrad and we would definitely stay again. We took the Narita Express train from the airport to Tokyo station and then took another train to Shimbashi station, which is very conveniently located near the Conrad Hotel. Admittedly, the nondescript front of the hotel and labyrinth of walkways made finding the hotel initially challenging. Once you figure the area out, you'll realize its quite convenient. We would purchase the all day Metro pass (approx $10 USD) and made excellent use of the subway system. If you are a Hilton rewards premier member, this is most definitely the place the be. The executive lounge and especially the complimentary breakfast is just simply astounding and the free Wifi is quite fast. Our room was quite large and the blackout drapes were very nice. The very minor inconveniences we experienced while at the Conrad were: 1) lack of English channels on TV (even CNN & BBC are dubbed with Japanese); 2) the right bathroom sink of our room drained extraordinarily slowly. Regardless, we'd definitely stay again. We also stayed at the Peninsula Tokyo during our trip and would choose the Conrad between the two. You'll find that the staff speak excellent English and should experience no problems communicating. The service is really wonderful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
It is our greatest pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay.
We all appreciate your kind comments about our staff and our executive lounge.
This will be shared amongst all the management and the staff.
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Conrad Tokyo. The hotel's facilities are outstanding and the employes attitude and service meets the expectations of such extraordinary facilities. Location is great as well. We highly recommend the experience

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are all very pleased to hear that you and your family had a pleasant stay.
It is our greatest pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay.
We all appreciate your kind comments about our staff and our convenient location. This will be shared amongst all the management and the staff.
Certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Conrad Tokyo soon. Thank you again.

Been to Conrad Tokyo? Share your experiences!