“best in tokyo!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Tokyo

Save Saved
You added Conrad Tokyo to your Saves list
Conrad Tokyo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-9-1 Higashi-Shimbashi, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 105-7377, Japan   |
Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #1 of 93 hotels in Minato
Honolulu, Hawaii
“best in tokyo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Have been staying at this property for several years, first review.
I originally started staying here because of the location, 5-10minute walk to Tsukiji fish market, 10-15min walk to Ginza and all the sushi bars. Many good neighborhood bars near the train station 5 minute walk from Shiodome. I continue to stay here because of the service and the rooms after staying at Park Hyatt, Four Seasons, Peninsula, Shangri-la, etc. Rooms are modern and very spacious, all amenities are first class. Yoshida is front desk manager and very helpful and professional.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hotel R, Gregor Andréewitch - General Manager at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Delighted to read your fabulous comments.
Great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and thank you so much for kind words for our team member - Yoshida, who really appreciate your comments and I am sure will be even more motivated.
Come back soon and we look forward to serving you again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

1,258 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was my wife and my first impression on Japan on our honeymoon. Everything about our experience at the Conrad was perfect and it was a great balance of Japanese and western culture. The room was awesome, very modern, stylish and comfortable. Breakfast was included with our stay, and the breakfast at the hotel is un-matched -- they have everything you could possibly want and it is so good! The concierge service was also incredible, very helpful to a couple of deer-in-headlight Americans trying to get around Tokyo and see it all. Great spa facility too. I have nothing bad to say about this place.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the side of the hotel that overlooks the city. It may cost a little extra, but the vi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the fabulous comment. We are happy that you were delighted with your stay.
I'm very proud to hear that our team took good care of you and I can assure you that I will share the good comments with them.
For us its always important to hear what our guests thinks in order for us to improve and we will continue doing so in the future.
Thank you for your great comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My friend and I decided to go for a frivolous girls' weekend in Tokyo and after reading some online reviews, I decided to stay at Conrad Tokyo. It turned out to be a fantastic choice: 1. The room was very spacious and bed was very comfy 2. Proximity to Ginza (7-10 min stroll) beat my expectations 3. I ordered ahead and loved the Shanghai Tang bath amenities provided. 3. Concierge was very helpful and I was pleased with their transport and restaurant bookings. 4. Breakfast on the Executive Lounge didn't have an extensive menu but it was good enough for me. Don't miss the view of Tokyo Bay from twentyeight - the hotel's resident bar during the day. You'll see how lush and green Tokyo is. Overall, it was a fabulous 4 day stay and I can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Conrad

Thank you for your comments and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
Great to hear that you liked our spacious guest room and the stunning view over Tokyo Bay from your room.It is our greatest pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay.
We value our customer’s opinions about us to serve you in any better way. So should there be anything that we can do to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable, please let us know.
Thank you again and we all look forward to welcoming back in the not too distant future!
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed just one night before our flight back to Sydney. Room and bathroom were impressive – huge, well designed and gorgeous. This hotel is in an office area, but this is a very good location if you want easy access to Odaiba, Ginza and Fish Market. Also a quick cab ride from Tokyo Station. Great breakfast too, although we were unfortunately too unwell to take full advantage of this. I would also like to give a huge thank you to Mr Abe on the concierge desk who provided exceptional service when my daughter and I were sick.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Yes, we have great access to transportation and are located within walking distance to the fish market and Ginza, the famous shopping district in Tokyo, too.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in September and had a fantastic time. Hotel rooms were in perfect condition. Being a Hilton Gold member, we were upgraded to a city view room on an upper floor and the views were fantastic (really the views are great from any room). The facilities were top notch, as expected for a hotel of this cost. Location wise, I wish the Conrad were closer to more tourist activities. It seemed like it was in a good location for business travelers, but looking back, we would rather have stayed at the Grand Hyatt or another option in a better location. The breakfast at this hotel was very, very good with more options than a person could count. Service was very good. Overall, I recommend the property very highly, but I personally wouldn't probably stay here again simply because I think there are wonderful options in Tokyo for less than $700 a night (which was the lowest price for a standard room the night we stayed). Top notch hotel by our judgement.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
What great feedback – thank you!
We are glad that you came back to visit us once again and so happy to hear that you had another enjoyable stay with us.
Great to hear that you liked our large guest room, the magnificent view over Tokyo Bay and the breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We enjoyed a good break in Tokyo at the end of a ski trip. We requested interconnecting rooms for our teenage daughters which was confirmed at the time of booking. Not always achieved but essential when traveling with children. The hotel organised smaller slippers and bathrobes for the girls along a 'conrad' duck for our four year old. The only down side to our stay was a $60 addition to take my young daughter for a swim along with extra charges to use the wifi in the room.The wifi was comp in the business room only which is not always convenient whether traveling for business or pleasure. The breakfast presentation was comparable with the better top end hotels, fresh with many options. The service was attentive with out to much interaction or conversation. We enjoyed a wonderful evening in the chinese restaurant. Stunning views of Tokyo and close by to many central facilities.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Wonderful to hear that you were happy with our service and guest room facilities.
I was glad to read you found the room, views and breakfast very enjoyable. Thanks also for mentioning how pleased you were with the service from our team, I will let them know and we hope to see you in Tokyo again soon!
Mahopac, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

What a nice hotel. The staff was wonderful. I stayed at the Conrad for a 3 day business meeting held at the hotel. breakfast was amazing, a nice variety of breakfast items. My room was spacious, the room darkening shades were wonderful. With a touch of a button near the bed you could open and close the curtains and blinds. There is a full size gym and sauna. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms. The hallway is quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the fabulous comment.
We are happy that you were delighted with your stay.
Great that you enjoyed our service and facilities.
It is always gratifying to receive recognition for efforts made and I have passed on your comments to our team members who I am sure will be even more motivated.

Been to Conrad Tokyo? Share your experiences!