“Great hotel, decent location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Tokyo

Save Saved
You added Conrad Tokyo to your Saves list
Conrad Tokyo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-9-1 Higashi-Shimbashi, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 105-7377, Japan   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #1 of 94 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great hotel, decent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Friend was a Hilton Gold member so we stayed on points. If I were to pay full price, I would expect a little bit more. Overall awesome hotel, a tad bit sterile and if you're looking to hit the town...not in an ideal location. Service was great, especially concierge.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hotel R, Gregor Andréewitch - General Manager at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Very pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay.
Thank you so much for your comments on our service, which will be shared with the team.
Come back soon and we look forward to serving you again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed at the Conrad for two nights on business this week.

The location is not ideal, a little bit of a hike to get to the heart of Ginza and not much of interest around the hotel, apart from the Tsukiji fish market which is only 10 minutes away. I wouldn't stay here for leisure and for business, depending on where you need to be, there are better choices more centrally located.

Likewise in terms of service, its ok but can be variable between staff members, some very good and others quite lousy. Like the lady who handled my check in which got my stay off to a rocky and very annoying start - I arrived at 530am following an overnight flight. My secretary had requested early check in without charge and was told it should be possible given occupancy. When I arrived at the counter, the lady there seemed confused as to why I would try to check in, then rather smuggly told me if I wanted it would cost be one nights charge and that check time is 3pm. I highlighted that it was indicated early check in would be possible and at the Shangri-La the week prior (see my review on the Shangri-La) that I was offered early check in without fuss. Anyway this went no where I ended up changing in the hotel gym to be ready for my morning meetings. It was obvious rooms were available, they just didn't wanted to oblige me.

Anyway, once checked-in, the rooms are fine - tastefully decorated, clean and functional albeit a little bland - not really that warm or inviting.

I had breakfast in the Gordan Ramsey branded cafe - the buffet spread is ok, but the eggs benedict I ordered were disappointing. Not enough hollandaise sauce and tasteless at that. I also had drinks at the lobby lounge one night which a great view of Tokyo Bay both in the day and at night and it a nice place to relax. The hotel has a good selection of restaurants but I didn't have a chance to visit.

On balance, its ok but having stayed at the Shangri-La Tokyo the week before, the Conrad came off a distance second choice. And the Shangri-La was cheaper...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hotel R, Gregor Andréewitch - General Manager at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Conrad Tokyo and I am sorry to hear that you found the location was not ideal.

In our experience, location depends entirely on the purpose of a trip and considering that we have a subway station right beneath the hotel, and further rail networks 5 minutes by foot, many of our guests quite like the location. A little bit away from the hectic and the buzz of the city….we like to call ourselves an urban resort. The Ginza is exactly 8 minutes’ walk or a short taxi drive away.

What concerns me is your experience regarding early check-in and I am reviewing with the team in the reservation department the way they respond to a request such as yours. Considering that standard check-in time is 3 p.m. we consider a reasonable time for early check-in is somewhere as from mid-morning.

5:30 a.m. could be considered during the night and as such, would make it impossible for us to sell the room the night before. I am sorry if this incident caused confusion and irritation, but pleased to know that the team offered you the use of our spa facilities to freshen up. I cannot comment how the situation is handled by other hotels.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the decoration of our rooms and I noted your comments regarding breakfast.

You have commented on the fabulous views from the lobby lounge area and this is what everybody seems to enjoy.

Please let me know when you plan to return so I can personally ensure that you are well looked after and occupancy permitting, will have a room ready for you to check-in at a reasonable time.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We recently stayed at the Conrad for three nights and found everything absolutely great. The rooms were well appointed and very comfortable. The bed was absolute heaven, sooooo comfortable. Where do you buy this mattress?? The staff were welcoming, friendly and very helpful. All in all a great stay with a fabulous view of the harbour. The only question I have here and in so many hotels, why do they play the sustainability card and then ignore towels which are hung up, etc. and replace them?? They did, however, leave our bedding and just changed the pillow cases. Perfect.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel R, Conrad Tokyo at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your fabulous comments and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay!
Great to hear that you liked our spacious guest room and the stunning view over Tokyo Bay from your room.
I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Conrad Tokyo soon. Thank you again.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

5/5 Check-in/out: Excellent and nothing could be faulted. Polite and attentive staff on hand at all times. The reception area is comfortable and has a relaxing feeling.

5/5 Room: Spacious and well furnished rooms. Above the normal standard and all the normal facilities present. Large and well laid out bathroom.

4/5 Ambience/General: A very relaxing feeling across all parts of the hotel. Selection of Bars and Restaurants to suit most tastes .Great views of Tokyo from many locations.

3/5 Breakfast; Not bad buffet selection for breakfast, could be slightly better.

4/5 Dinner; a few restaurants to choose from and the menus looked reasonable, although I ate in the City.

4/5 Beers/Wines; Quite a good selection to choose from and all the bars were well managed.

5/5 Staff; Extremely efficient in all areas, helpful and plenty of them.

I will certainly stay here again.

Average Summary Score: 4.3 / 5

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay inclusive of your experience in our restaurants, bar and spacious room.
It is our greatest pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay.
Thank you again and we all look forward to welcoming back in the not too distant future!
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed at Conrad Tokyo 3 times last year for business and have to say that in my opinion there is hardly anything to complain about. In fact, when I filled in a feedback form and mentioned the only things I did not like (internet and swimming pool for an extra fee, opening hours of the bar (closes fairly early, I think at midnight or 12:30), I got an actual response from management via e-mail, in which all these points were addressed (first time for me to actually see that somebody reads the feedback forms and takes the time to reply). I believe that some of these (really minor) issues have been changed in the meantime.
The rooms are flawless, service too, they have one of the best breakfasts I have come across in all my years of travelling. I have to agree to one of the other reviews however that the connection to Narita airport is awful. The shuttle bus is not particularly frequent and stops at three or four other hotels before it actually arrives at Conrad. The train connection is a challenge for first timers and includes quite a bit of walking. Both is a bother when you have just come off a 10+ hour flight from somewhere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hotel R, Conrad Tokyo at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for the fabulous comment. We are happy that you were delighted with your stay.
Great that you enjoyed our service and the breakfast.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Conrad Tokyo is a stunning 5 star luxury hotel slightly out of the main drag in the business district of Shiodome, Tokyo.

Reception is on the 28th floor and the hotel ends on the 37th floor, giving each room sweeping views of the city.

Being recognized as a Diamond HHonors member, we are upgraded to a 2 room luxury king suite with 2 toilets, separate lounge room, a 'his and hers' basin, full sized bath, and a long double shower. Being in Japan, all the mod cons are present, from automatic toilet seats with bidet and washlets, blinds that open and close at the push of a button, bathrobes, slippers, dressing gowns, and high end toiletries.

The Executive Lounge on the 37th floor offers bite sized morsels by chef Gordon Ramsey, which we enjoy for a pre-dinner snack complemented by a glass of fine sparkling wine.

The 25 meter swimming pool, fully equipped gym, and Japanese-style hot tubs, sauna and steam room provides a warm relief from the freezing Tokyo Winter.

Breakfast in the morning consists essentially of an upmarket continental spread of hot and cold treats from Japanese-style cold soba noodles, bread and butter pudding, ham literally cut off the bone
in front of you, a large selection of delicious pastries, freshly squeezed juices, expresso coffees, and much, much more.

And to top it off, the staff are absolutely fabulous in every way possible.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you very much and we are happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
Glad to hear that you enjoyed our spacious guest room and the stunning view over Tokyo Bay from your room and our popular Conrad bears!
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The hotel was exceptional and location perfect we like to stay at nice hotels when traveling overseas rooms great size, very clean staff wonderful but we did find all staff in Japan to be efficient.
Very expensive hotel but this was a treat for us but was surprised that we has to pay extra for wireless internet after 24hrs with the cost of the accommodation I would have expected this to be covered, we traveled with our three teenage children so we had to have two rooms which added to the cost but as we have found out at previous hotels there are not a lot that cater for more than 4 people.
I would still recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
What great feedback we have received here – thank you!
Great to hear that you liked our spacious guest room and your kind recognition of our service delivery is certainly gratifying and we have shared this with the staff.
Thank you for your feedback and please come back to the hotel in the very future!

Been to Conrad Tokyo? Share your experiences!