“what an experience~” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Tokyo

Save Saved
You added Conrad Tokyo to your Saves list
Conrad Tokyo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-9-1 Higashi-Shimbashi, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 105-7377, Japan   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #1 of 92 Hotels in Minato
Taipei, Taiwan
“what an experience~”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked the hotel as part of a package, paid a little more for the bayview room. Upon arrival, the front desk offer another upgrade to a suite with 10000Yuan. It was worth it!! The room is very stylish, breakfast excellent (mostly western food, the only Japanese food in the breakfast buffeet was cold noodle), and the view of bayview rooms were spectacular. The room size is big for Tokyo standard, and the bathroom is so big that it could even be another bedroom by itself!
Needless to mention, service was excellent. This hotel might not have focused on group travellers, thus it is not noisy, and the breakfast room is quiet and one could enjoy a wonderful time with ease!
Also, Conrad is situated just on a subway station. It is only one stop away from Ginza, where all the night life and good restaurants are. You can take the express from Narita airport, to Tokyo station, and take a taxi there if you are not sure about transfering to local subway. Taxi could arrive at the hotel within 10 minutes from Tokyo station.
This is the only hotel I will stay in my future trip to Tokyo!

Room Tip: Ask for bayview room, when you stay in a hotel this close to the Tokyo bat, dont waste it on the cit...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton_ec_TYOHI, General Manager at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay inclusive of your experience in our Bay view suite room, breakfast, as well as our convenient location.
Thank you for the fabulous comment. We are happy that you were delighted with your stay and enjoyed the spectacular bathroom, the magnificent view overlooking Tokyo Bay.
I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Conrad Tokyo soon. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chiba, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed here earlier this year for one night only. Was immediately upgraded to the executive floors. Room was huge and incredibly well appointed. Outstanding view. Beautiful bathroom A truly outstanding hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton_ec_TYOHI, General Manager at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Delighted to read your fabulous comments.
Great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the magnificent view overlooking the Tokyo Bay, our guest room, the Executive floor facilities
Thank you for your feedback and please come back to the hotel in the very future!
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Just spend one night at the hotel (as a layover). This is my second time visiting. The last time was with my wife and two small children and this time was with a business partner. Both times were exceptional in every way. The rooms, food, service etc. were all lovely and well appointed. But I want to call special attention to the concierge. Ms. Ryoko Sasaki spent great effort to answer all our questions and find the perfect ramen restaurant (a very local place). She went so far as to print photos of the dishes and write out the ordering instructions both transliterated and in characters. She even ran out to meet me and my colleague on her way home from work to check that we had enjoyed her recommendation. Thank you so much for making both stays memorable.

Room Tip: Club floor is very nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We are delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay here at the Conrad Tokyo!
Glad that you came back to visit us again and we are very excited to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us. Thank you so much for kind words for Ryoko, who really appreciate your comments.
Come back soon and we look forward to serving you again, hopefully in the not too distant future.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Conrad for a couple of nights at the end of a two-week tour through Japan. The hotel itself is stunning, the location superb, the rooms gorgeous and extremely comfortable. Special mention goes to the breakfast buffet - a real treat. We booked the hotel through a third-party discount site (jetsetter.com), so it was an even better value than usual.

However, the best part of the whole experience was the staff. The concierge team helped me with several complicated requests for tickets and reservations, and held baggage for me for a week before we had even checked in to the hotel. Everyone was thoroughly professional and helpful at every turn.

This was a real highlight of our trip, and should we ever go back to Tokyo, I can't imagine we'd stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: The views of the park and bay are wonderful - we had originally booked a city view room but were upg...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton_ec_TYOHI, General Manager at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Wow, what great feedback we have received from you!
The team and I are delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay here at the Conrad Tokyo.
Great that you enjoyed our service and facilities inclusive of the Executive Lounge on the 37th floor, where you can enjoy daily breakfast, snacks and cocktails throughout your stay.
Thank you so much for your comments and we all look forward to welcoming back in the not too distant future!
Richmond Hill, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I decided to book this hotel after read most of the reviews on this site. Booked with HotelClick.com via pop-up link on TripAdvisor.ca. After receiving an email confirmation about my one room two nights booking, I received a phone call from HotelClick.com to confirm. I told them I've already received the confirmation email.

When I checked in at Conrad Tokyo, they told me I've two bookings for the same names (my husband and me) and for the same two nights. I was SHOCKED! I told them I only booked one room, and only needed one. The hotel staff told me THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING with it. They can't cancel the duplicate booking, even I've not check in yet.

So, how can I enjoy my stay there?

I wish Conrad Tokyo done something there to help me out. Or you can just keep the extra money do nothing ...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and we are so sorry for the issue of your duplicated bookings.

Your accommodation bookings have been indeed made via Travel Agent and the hotel cannot cancel such a booking, simply because of our contract with the agent and this works in both ways. On this basis, our Front Desk Team has kindly requested you to contact the Agent directly to cancel by yourself and reimburse you as he has received payment for your accommodation.

We understand that the issue has been all sorted out now and sorry that if the explanation was not sufficient when you asked us to cancel your duplicated booking initially.

Otherwise, we believe that you have an enjoyable stay with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Conrad Tokyo in future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

There is just too long a list of everything that is right with this hotel. In short, if we were to return, this would be where we stay. It is expensive, but worth every penny. Even though level of service in Japan is generally very high, the Conrad manages to impress. The location, view, decor, luxury, in house food and cocktails are excellent. I would highly recommend the evening cake selection - I had the chocolate cake which was outstanding and normally I don't like chocolate cake. This was exquisite and rich. The breakfast is also something to look forward to each morning. The business centre has 4 PCs with internet (free) and a printer at hand. Wi-fi in rooms has to be paid for but is very good. The pool, spa and gym are all very well set up. I think we enjoyed our stay here especially because we received 5 star service in a hotel that is actually relatively small compared to the usual international chains - 7 floors only, starting at the 28th. The high attention to detail as a result of that, is certainly noticeable.

Room Tip: Suites on the 31st floor are expensive but worth it. Bay view or city view are both pretty nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Wow, what great feedback we have received from you!
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed at the Conrad for the first time this month. It is a very stylish hotel, the rooms are large and stylishly appointed and the bathroom was huge, the stand alone bath was fabulous.

The gym is well appointed and overlooks a narrow but long pool - 25m which is a great length for a hotel pool.

I had a drink in the bar which has breathtaking views over Tokyo Bay and breakfast in the executive lounge. The exec lounge is set up like a domestic kitchen and lounge room which I think might be to make guests feel at home but I am not sure that it really works. The food was excellent though. The staff has trouble keeping up with clearing plates and taking extra coffee orders etc. and given it was not that busy while I was at breakfast, this was a bit disappointing.

The hotel is a short taxi ride from Tokyo Station or a short walk from Shimbashi Station. I would not bother changing at Shimbashi to the monorail line to go one stop to Shiodome Station which is next to the hotel. By the time you walk through the monorail station, but a ticket, wait for the train etc, you could have walked to the hotel from Shimbashi.

Overall it is one of the most stylish, comfortable hotels I have stayed at.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hilton_ec_TYOHI, General Manager at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for the fabulous comment.
We are happy that you were delighted with your stay.
Glad to hear that you enjoyed the spectacular bathroom, the magnificent view overlooking Tokyo Bay and we certainly appreciate that you have pointed out a few issues for us to review/improve, like the exec lounge set up and breakfast services.
Otherwise, we trust you had a nice stay with us and we certainly look forward to an opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Been to Conrad Tokyo? Share your experiences!