I stayed at the B for a full week during the end of May.
I don't go on vacation to lounge around hotel rooms -- the only thing I do in the hotel is sleep. What I require is a clean hotel, an especially clean bathroom, and good public transportation access. The b akasaka fulfills all of those criteria.
Hotel: As other people mentioned, the rooms are small, but I doubt you're going to find many other hotels in Tokyo that are as cheap and clean (and it still feels relatively new). Water pressure in the shower was excellent. Internet speeds blow away what we have in the United States. There's a washer and dryer in the hotel that's very cheaply priced; the washer automatically ads detergent.
Location: Tokyo is so large and spread out that there is no centrally located place to stay for tourists. There are several subway stations/lines between a 5 and 12 minute walk that will take you to most places in the city without the need for a transfer.
I'd actually say that the neighbor is good for tourists. It's not as congested as lots of other places in the city -- it has as close to a neighborhood feel that you're going to get in Tokyo -- and there are plenty of cafes and restaurants in walking distance (none of the restaurants are all that memorable, but they're decent enough for dinner).
I'd stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the hub of the business, entertainment, dining and shopping districts of cosmopolitan Akasaka. Close-by is TBS Studios, Akasaka Sacas and two major subway stations providing easy access to Ginza, Shibuya, Shinjuku and Omote Sando. A short walk away you’ll find the Imperial Palace and the popular nightlife and entertainment area of Roppongi including Roppongi Hills, Tokyo Midtown, Suntory Museum of Art and the National Art Centre. The hotel also features Image SPA facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, HotelTravel.com, JAPANiCAN, Recruit Holdings Co Ltd (Inbound), Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your the b akasaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The b Akasaka Hotel Minato
- b Akasaka Minato
- b Akasaka Hotel Minato
- The b Akasaka Tokyo, Japan