My mother and I are travelling through Japan for the first time and our first leg was in Tokyo, naturally. We are thrilled that our first stay in this beautiful country was in the b Akasaka.
First off, we got a twin room that was stylishly decorated and well-priced (for Tokyo, no less. Hello??). The price includes a wonderful breakfast in its live-in Italian restaurant. Though the fare did not change the 6 nights that we were there, it was still a delight of Japanese and Western breakfast staples. The closest metro is Akasaka Station on the Chiyoda Line (Exit 3B), and about 5 min walk to the b. The next closest is Akasaka-Mitsuke Station on the Ginza and Marunouchi Lines (about 15 min walk to the b). The walk from Akasaka-Mitsuke is quite the treat though as you will walk through the main thoroughfare of Akasaka. Be prepared to want to give in to visiting all the Izakayas, Japanese fast food joints, wester-style pubs and restaurants on the walk back.
The reception staff, though not exactly Misters and Miss Sunshines-all-the-time, they remain generally helpful and polite as you would expect of the Japanese. The rooms were always cleaned up meticulously. Banzai!
The only real, slight, downside is that it's not easy to find the first time round, and it requires a bit of a walk and a good pair of lungs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the hub of the business, entertainment, dining and shopping districts of cosmopolitan Akasaka. Close-by is TBS Studios, Akasaka Sacas and two major subway stations providing easy access to Ginza, Shibuya, Shinjuku and Omote Sando. A short walk away you’ll find the Imperial Palace and the popular nightlife and entertainment area of Roppongi including Roppongi Hills, Tokyo Midtown, Suntory Museum of Art and the National Art Centre. The hotel also features Image SPA facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and JAPANiCAN so you can book your the b akasaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The b Akasaka Hotel Minato
- b Akasaka Minato
- b Akasaka Hotel Minato
- The b Akasaka Tokyo, Japan