Before I get to the review of the hotel, if you chose to stay here after reading the reviews, DO NOT walk up the hill to get to the hotel. There is a much easier way to go:
1. Take the metro to the Akasaka stop on the Chiyoda line.
2. Use exit 3b (using all escalators through the small shopping area). This exit will drop you at the TBS outside entertainment square.
3. Go straight off the escalator and follow the curve of the road to the right for about 100 meters
4. On your right, there will be an elevator just before a large set of stairs. It is hidden in a small, concrete alcove.
5. Take the elevator to the top level (there are only two levels).
6. Exit out of the elevator and walk straight (and flat) to the end of the street where the hotel is located.
About the hotel:
The rooms are small. And, for some strange reason, the wall separating the bathroom and the bedroom is made entirely of glass! This is not a hotel room to share with your parents or casual friends, as you will quickly become acquainted with their bathroom habits. The included breakfast was not very good (after our first morning, we skipped it).
The hotel, however, was in a quiet neighborhood with access to good shopping and restaurants. For Americans, there are several familiar chains close to the hotel (McDonalds, Burger King, Starbucks, Pizza Hut, Subway). Also, the new Akasaka Sacas shopping area really diversifies the neighborhood's appeal.
All told, we would stay here again if our travels took us to the Akasaka neighborhood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the hub of the business, entertainment, dining and shopping districts of cosmopolitan Akasaka. Close-by is TBS Studios, Akasaka Sacas and two major subway stations providing easy access to Ginza, Shibuya, Shinjuku and Omote Sando. A short walk away you’ll find the Imperial Palace and the popular nightlife and entertainment area of Roppongi including Roppongi Hills, Tokyo Midtown, Suntory Museum of Art and the National Art Centre. The hotel also features Image SPA facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, HotelTravel.com, JAPANiCAN, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Recruit Holdings Co Ltd (Inbound), TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your the b akasaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The b Akasaka Hotel Minato
- b Akasaka Minato
- b Akasaka Hotel Minato
- The b Akasaka Tokyo, Japan