What can I not say about this hotel? I had travelled to Japan since my stay here a year ago and always think of this place here. When I first travelled to Japan, I stayed here. The location is great. It is easy to get around via train and you have so many great restaurants and nice things just a few steps away from your door.
Down the tall steps from the B (it's located on a hill) is the Tokyo Broadcasting Station (TBS). You can often wander down the steps and see them filming shows outside in mini sets. They do not allow photography, but it is nice to mosey on down and see something out of the ordinary going on. Across from the B Akasaka is Akasaka Sakas. Great shops, botiques, and plenty of restaurants. Make sure you check out Dozo for dinner. They are a little pricey, but the quality is really good. Also swing by the bakery on the lower level. In the winter, when it is too cold to film outside, they have an iceskating rink set up below the steps. So if you come in the winter, prepare to skate!
When I came here, I was also traveling alone. I was a young woman who didn't speak any Japanese, roaming around here for pleasure. The best part? I felt safe here.
The staff at the B Akasaka is so friendly and they are all about service, service, service. It was raining one of the days I was there and one of the workers grabbed the umbrella for me. Didn't have to, but was just being polite. The staff always smiles when you walk in, greet you, and truly care about your overall happiness.
The next time I come back, I will be staying here. While most people stay in the Shinjuku area (where the main train station is), it's only a few train stops away if you need to get around. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
I'm not Japanese and I have only been to Japan twice, but I have a sense of "I feel at home" while I am at The B.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the hub of the business, entertainment, dining and shopping districts of cosmopolitan Akasaka. Close-by is TBS Studios, Akasaka Sacas and two major subway stations providing easy access to Ginza, Shibuya, Shinjuku and Omote Sando. A short walk away you’ll find the Imperial Palace and the popular nightlife and entertainment area of Roppongi including Roppongi Hills, Tokyo Midtown, Suntory Museum of Art and the National Art Centre. The hotel also features Image SPA facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, JAPANiCAN, Odigeo, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your the b akasaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The b Akasaka Hotel Minato
- b Akasaka Minato
- b Akasaka Hotel Minato
- The b Akasaka Tokyo, Japan