“For Business. No Pool, No Gym. But what a Restaurant!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #17 of 94 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Center
“For Business. No Pool, No Gym. But what a Restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I typically stay at higher class hotels in Tokyo, but had to get here for city overbooking. THe Celestine is not the fanciest hotel, Pool and Gym are absent, but rooms lack nothing compared to those I go to in 5 stars hotels (especially amenities). There's a fine lounge and personell is kind, with good, very good English (also the cleaning team, I found out).
The GrandRock restaurant deserves a special mention. Nice architecture, some less fancy details, but the chef displays excellent european selection. It's not the busiest in town, probably, but this restaurant deserves high ranking for food, dressings and service. I rarely am surprised by what is offered, but here I had two fully regenerating dinners.
To sum up: not the fanciest, but a safe, decent well located option.

Room Tip: Luxury rooms like ending with -32-33-34 have terrible view but are pretty large. Rooms ending like...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Celestine is a top 4* hotel (don't expect 5* facilities). I was positively impressed as I ended up there- sceptical - during the busy IMF week and our usual corporate hotels were full.
Good location, Nice lobby, friendly staff, nice well equipped room with decent size for Tokyo standards. The bed was comfy, the view through the big windows very nice. I had north east facing and could see the Tokyo tower.
There is free wifi across.

Highlight: there is special filter coffee package available something I haven't see elsewhere.

Only downside? There are not linked with any frequent flyer programm.

I did not try breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms start high up (floor 14-17) so there is view from every side.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Celestine Hotel for 4 nights while we were in Tokyo. The hotel is a short walk from Toei Shibakoen Station, as well as Mita Station (exit A10 / A8) which has both Mita Line and Asakusa Line. Hotel staff spoke reasonable English, and were all very helpful. Their breakfast buffet was excellent both in terms of quality and choices!!!

To save some transportation costs, my husband and I bought the 1-way Airport Limousine tickets with Tokyo Metro 1-day Passes (promotional price, about 400-600 yen off the full price). The Airport Limousine dropped us off very conveniently in front of the hotel. (The Airport Limousine tickets alone is 3,000 yen per person, but if you throw in the Tokyo Metro Pass, and but them as a set, it only cost you 3,100 yen per person. There might be a minimum purchase of 2 sets, though.)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here for five nights while attending a conference at a nearby university. The staff were very helpful and spoke reasonable English. My room was a superior double on the 17th floor, I had a view of the building opposite with a bit of Tokyo between it and the next building. But even that was amazing from the 17th floor. My room was plenty big enough, with table and chairs, TV, huge comfy bed, big bath, and a fair bit of space to unpack into. Reception provided me with an adapter so that I could plug my laptop etc in, and I had free wifi. Breakfast wasn't incredibly good, but it was incredible, for the weird mix of food on offer including salad and pasta dishes. I'm told the Japanese breakfasts were great, I was happy enough with my eggs and toast, and cereal. The bar in the hotel is quiet but really enjoyable, and the Japanese gentleman I met there told me that the bartender is famous. There is a book of cocktails in the bar, and the barman is in the photo on the back. He makes good margaritas, and there is a large whiskey selection which my friends made headway with. As a solo traveler, I had an enjoyable meal in the restaurant on my first night, that's the last time I had western meals as Japanese food turned out to be amazing. The hotel is really well located, because its only a short walk from four different train lines, and in around Mita there are some great little restaurants, including an outstanding Ramen bar which I would direct you to if only it had an English name. I've try to put a photo of it up, and a map, so you could probably find it if you want an adventure. I had the special dipping Ramen, it was just amazing. The next afternoon we went back for Gyoza, and they were the best dumplings I ever hope to have.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
New Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed at the Celestine Hotel in Tokyo for seven days on a business trip. The hotel is located within the central Tokyo area, and easy access from Narita airport via the Airport Express train to Shinagawa Station and a short taxi ride from there. The hotel is located on the 14th-17th floors of a corporate building, with a spacious lobby, café and restaurant on the ground floor. My room, a twin room, was a corner room on the 14th floor with fine views across to the east, and views of Tokyo harbor as well. The room was really spacious, and the daily care of the room was careful and attentive. It was a lovely room, and one that facilitated work with a spacious desk and good internet service. There is a very nice lounge with an outside smoking and non-smoking zone on the 14th floor as well, providing a relaxed area for coffee, tea, water and biscuits which are available throughout the day and evening. It provides wireless internet as well. The Tavern & Grill Grand Cross, located on the ground floor provided an ample selection for breakfast – with a good selection of western, Japanese and vegetarian options. I thought it was fresh, tasty and enough variety over the seven days of stay. The hotel staff were the essence of courtesy, helpfulness and willing to answer any questions with patience and thoughtfulness. The hotel is just a short walk to both Mita and Shibakoen stations on the Mita line. If you are planning to do considerable travelling around, certainly buy a Suica card (at the airport or at any station). This will allow you to move through the multitude of privately owned train lines with ease, and it will let you know when you need to top it up! Otherwise it is a complex and time consuming process of buying endless tickets, and this can be a hassle when you change lines. For the health conscious, the hotel does not have any fitness facilities at all.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side give nice views and lots of morning sun
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Freeport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This was my first time staying at this hotel although I've been to Tokyo before. Our Japanese business office is located five minutes away.

The front desk area was always highly staffed with three or four people ready to assist.

My room was on the west side of the building and as others have noted, there was a beautiful view of Mt Fuji in the morning.

By western standards, my "superior double" room was not overly spacious, but the space was well engineered. I not only had a double bed, but a coffee table, small loveseat, small desk, closet and trouser press. The bathroom had tons of counter space, and the tub was large enough for me to have a terrific soak one evening.

There were a total of seven electric outlets in the room including one right by my bed which I used with my CPAP. None of them had the third grounding prong you see in the US.

There is no gym or swimming pool but I did make use of the lounge which as others noted is friendly and inviting. There are drinks for sale in the lounge, but there is no pressure to buy anything, you can just quietly sit and enjoy the area whether inside or out.

The hotel is located within a two minute walk of a subway station and a short cab ride from a few larger stations. I walked to the Tokyo Tower and Zojoji Temple, and each is about a 20 minute walk.

The neighbourhood is quiet where this hotel is located, and we found ourselves walking some distance or taking the subway or a taxi to dinner. There is a restaurant in the hotel (Grand Cross) and we did eat there on our first night. The Grand Cross is a good restaurant, and I can't complain about it, but also it was not spectacular or particularly notable. We were the only guests in the restaurant on the Monday night that we went.

I'll make the Celestine my first choice the next time I'm in Tokyo on business.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Spent 3 nights here at the behest of an international conference held at nearby Keio University. Room was fine, but when I saw a much bigger room with a better view than what I had, I was envious. First time I saw that part of the mirror in the bathroom did not fog up after showering- must have electrical cables behind it. The entire hotel is spotless. Buffet breakfast was wonderful, allowing guests to mix and match Japanese with western items. Staff was extremely helpful in every instance. Especially appreciated the complimentary use of umbrellas. Convenient to several subway lines.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the bigger rooms with a view towards the main street.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Celestine Hotel? Share your experiences!