“The temple of Kobe beef” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kobe Beef Kaiseki 511

Kobe Beef Kaiseki 511
4-3-28 Akasaka | B1, Dear Plaza Akasaka, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 107-0052, Japan
+81 3-6685-0511
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 6,410 restaurants in Minato
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“The temple of Kobe beef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My friend and I were in search of the true Kobe beef and found out about 511 restaurant. Our visit was preceded by a torrential rain but this did not change our plans to walk to the restaurant.

Our soaked clothes were greeted by a warm welcome and we were escorted to our table. My friend and I decided to dedicate our visit to the homage of Kobe beef and so we did: we practically ordered all the variations of Kobe beef on the menu. What a feast! Starting with an amazing Kobe beef jerky which brought a delightful combination of flavors: smokiness with a surprising pairing with Iberico ham.

Of course, we ordered another one the minute we finished with the first set of beef jerky. The Kobe beef sushi, especially the nigiri sushi was delightful: it melted in my mouth. We re-ordered it, of course. But nothing could prepare us for the main course: a serving of Kobe beef tenderloin and sirloin. This is where we stood up in awe: there are simply no words to describe the experience. As a meat lover, this was unique.

The desserts were more average but this was not a problem for us: we already had ear to ear smiles on our faces and were already feeling blue as we knew we might not return here in a while, as we were tourists in Tokyo and Kobe beef is not exported outside of Japan.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

91% Recommend
  • Indonesian first
Stoney Creek, Canada
“Full Kobe Beef Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had the Kobe beef 9 course menu for 13,000 + 5% tax. Each course used different part of the cows to great effect and the beef was the main ingredient in every dish. The courses varied widely and had very unique tastes that truly showed the beef's potential.

Overall, this was a fantastic experience and in many ways better than we expected. This was our first time having Kobe beef and we were not sure what to expect. The Kobe beef, at least at this restaurant, is truly unique in flavor and texture and, in some sense, is very unlike the beef we had previously been used to.

I do believe the restaurant is very fairly priced given the quantity of food, quality of service and overall atmosphere. Definitely one of the highlights of our stay in Tokyo.

• Visited June 2013
Leeds, UK
“Lunch menu excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a Saturday lunch (12.00 - 14.00 I think) and preferred off the lunch menu.

I had the kobe burger and my wife had the thinly sliced kobe beef. We both thought the food was great.

We had draft beer each, 1 small 1 large and the bill came to 4,000 which I think is excellent value for money.

Some of the dishes were very expensive 10,000 plus, so our advice is go at lunchtime.

• Visited May 2013
São Paulo
“Very good but overpriced restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I went to this place based on a CNN recommendation that this was the place to find the "original" kobe-beef. The place was a little hard to find because the restaurant is in the lower level and from the street you can barely see the sign, but when you get in, you can see that the restaurant is fancy and very nice. I went for the lunch because dinner is incredibly expensive. I selected a dish from the menu that was not the cheapest but also not the most expensive. It was a course with a steak, vegetables, miso soup, salad, rice and a desert. The service was excellent, the food was also very good but I think it is overpriced compared to other fine restaurant dishes. The meat indeed is different and very tasteful but I could not notice that much difference from the other "kobe-beef" style meat available all around which was also very good but not that expensive.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Detroit, Michigan
“The real deal, and outstanding service too.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had the Kobe beef cut, not the set meal with 5 or so courses. I would recommend this, because that way you get to cut it yourseld, which id surreal. It was like nothing I ever ate before. May as well have been from a different planet. Oishikatta (delicious) as they say.

The place has a great, cozy atmosphere, and the service is impeccable. As a added bonus, they gave us a parting gift - we each got a box with three wervings of kobe beef ramen. Ate it when we got back to the states. Unbelievably good. I had to give the third away because I thought it'd spoil me and I'd never be able to eat regular ramen again.

• Visited April 2013