“Amazing food and experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sushi Bar Yasuda

Sushi Bar Yasuda
4-2-6 Minamiaoyama | Minamiaoyama426 FloorB1F, Minato 107-0062, Tokyo Prefecture (Akasaka / Roppongi)
+81 3-6447-0232
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Cary, North Carolina
“Amazing food and experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Wow! This was one of my top dinning experiences.

We arrived at opening and were seated by Yasuda-sans wife.
One other couple came in after us. There was only 5 of us in the restaurant for
almost 2 hours. The restaurant is plain, but the sushi and chef are the stars.

We got the Omakase service. Chefs choice. We were then treated to the best sushi we
have ever had. Yasuda-san chats with you explaining what you are eating. He is receptive for you to ask questions and chat with him.

You never knew what he would pull out of his magical refrigerated box for the next piece of sushi. The other couple said they like liked anchovies. Bam! Yasuda pulls one out of the box and makes us sushi from it.

The variety of sushi is amazing. On some types you may try the same fish from two different countries. We had 3 different types of Uni (short and long spiked, and black).

I could go on about this place Just go!.

Make a reservation before you go. This is done via e-mail. Yasuda-san is quick to reply.

In closing my son (16) said this was the best meal he ever had. He doesn't know if he can eat sushi again after having the best.

• Visited July 2014

Vancouver, Canada
“We still are amazed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We went without a reservation, and were warmly welcomed. We had to sit at a table, but the experience was superb. Chef Yasuda made us feel at home and explained each plate that was presented. I could have gone all evening. I had to stop at 30 pieces, but i wanted to go on. I would highly recommend to all.

Visited June 2014
New York
“Chef Yasuda does not disappoint, even when you travel 12 hours from NYC->TOKYO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Yasuda-San is amazing - aside from the stories he can tell you, the sushi is sublime. This is some of the best sushi I've had and I've lived in Tokyo and New York and chased the best sushi in town for over 20 years.

Sushi master Yasuda has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. When my father was a young (and poor) Japanese businessman in NYC, sitting in front of Yasuda-San was his big splurge. I can say the same for myself, and when I convinced my husband to sit at the sushi bar and eat anything that Yasuda-San put in front of him, he couldn't help but agree.

If you've been to Yasuda in NYC and you're in Tokyo, please go to his new restaurant in Minato-Ku. It is hidden and small (you may need to give the taxi driver a map) but it is an amazing experience.

If you're visiting Japan and love sushi, get a lot of recommendations from locals and any Japanese people you know. Sushi is to Japan what burgers are to New Yorkers - everyone has a favorite and they are all different, but one is not necessarily better than the other.

I do love Yasuda-San though...

• Visited September 2013
“Think you know sushi?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Before you think of going to Jiro's or any of the other 3 star Michelin sushi establishments, I would recommend going to Yasuda's restaurant. Not only does he give you an absolutely amazing dining experience, which is a little easier on the wallet he provides his diners with an insight into what sushi is.

For some of the experienced sushi connoisseurs they may feel like they've heard it all before. However go in with the right attitude and expect a fun and relaxing evening with one of the best sushi masters.

We ordered the omakase and ended up eating 27 pieces or something like that before we ran out of time as the restaurant was closing (late sitting). Too be fair I would of struggled to of eaten any more, the walk to the metro station after was very slow

Two nights after I did go to one of the coveted sushi restaurants in Tokyo and I think without this visit I really wouldn't of appreciated it as much. This restaurant should be on every sushi lovers list

• Visited June 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Absolutely the #1 Sushi bar in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I LOVED this unique sushi bar, it's like no other place at all. Chef Yasuda is one of the kind, and I enjoyed every minute of my dinner there. Best environment and excellent food

Visited July 2014