“Great atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Roppongi Fukuzushi

Roppongi Fukuzushi
5-7-8 Roppongi, Minato 106-0032, Tokyo Prefecture (Akasaka / Roppongi)
+81 3-3402-4116
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Umea, Sweden
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Read about this place in tripadvisor. It was a bit difficult to find at first, but we did manage to walk directly there. We ate one of the set courses and had sake with the food. It was very good.

Melbourne, Australia
“Our favourite Sushi restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I lived in Tokyo many years ago and returned recently with my husband & three children. We'd been recommended this restaurant and it did not disappoint. The Sushi was of the highest quality we'd ever had. All of the dishes we tried were fresh and delicious. Our children were welcomed, a few of the staff spoke excellent English and the family history & longevity associated with this place, made it that more special. It has a slick, modern, yet cosy feel. The prices are reasonable for this standard restaurant. If you would like to try an upmarket. yet welcoming & reasonably priced sushi restaurant in Tokyo - you can't go past Fukuzushi.

• Visited September 2013
San Francisco
“Sit at the sushi bar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have been here on may occasions and would have to say that this is my favorite sushi bar in the world.

If you go to Fukuzushi, please try and sit at the bar. It is really fun to watch the chefs at work. You don't need a menu. Just ask the chefs what they recommend if you don't have something specific in mind. They don't all speak english but they can all make do if you don't speak Japanese.

I like to start the meal with cold sake and asari miso soup and end the meal with a HUGE negi toro handroll.

If you are on a strict budget, try sitting at the tables and ordering a set meal. The pricing at the bar seems a little more subjective. Just keep ordering and try not to worry about the price. It doesn't seem to matter how much or little that I order, the bill always seems to come between $120- $150 for dinner when sitting at the counter. I know that seems expensive but you will leave more than satisfied. It's totally worth the money and an excellent choice for your Tokyo sushi splurge.

• Visited April 2013
Shanghai, China
“Excellent Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have been visiting Tokyo for business for the past 7.5 years and have yet to find a places that serves the quality of sushi that is served here.
As in all types of cuisine, there are different levels of quality, and at this restaurant, the quality is exceptional, the service is top notch and the price paid for the quality is fair.
It is definitely worth the trip to truly experience the food here, you can oder of the menu or ask for suggestions and they will be more than glad to help.
If you truly like sushi our sashimi, do not miss out on this place.

• Visited February 2014
Tokyo
“Why go anywhere else?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

As a 25+ year resident of Tokyo I've eaten in a lot of sushi restaurants. I'm always happy the minute I walk in the door of this restaurant. The quality of the fish is top-notch and the price at lunch is really reasonable. Service is friendly and there are a few bilingual staff members to help non-Japanese speakers. I think this is the best price/quality in Tokyo for lunch. I recommend the chirashi sushi which is fish piled on a bed of rice...